Is this what you are looking for ? Check before you create a thread.

Search This thread

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
1A - Before u flash any Rom make sure u have sufficient battery life
in the last few days I have read around 30 posts where the note is not booting past galaxy note logo due to incomplete flash as battery died during flashing.
Its just like driving to work when u know there is not enof gas in ur car.
make sure u have sufficient battery power before u start to flash anything using cwm or odin.
This is mentioned in all threads (ROM as well as Mods) and android give a warning as well.

1B - How to install OTA updates if i am rooted on ics with any custom kernel?
OTA can only be installed in stock recovery. All u need to do is flash the ics rom again using pc odin. This will remove root, install stock kernel, and stock recovery. Now download the OTA and install it. Remember not to wipe from stock ICS kernels.
Before upgrading your phone via FOTA, ensure requirements
- Stable network status (3G / 4G or Wi-Fi)
- Do not remove the battery during upgrade
- Enough battery capacity (More than 50%)
- No rooted-phone
- Enough memory space (At least 100MB in USB storage)

1C - How to go back to stock rom from any custom rom?
Download stock rom GB/ICS from here (courtsey : Dr Ketan) or from samfirmware.com and install it using PC odin. Select the tar.md5 file in the PDA tab, do not change anything else. Flash.
If on GB, do a wipe data factory reset, if on ICS, install a safe kernel and then factory reset

1D - How to unroot ?
You just need to install a stock rom using pc odin and it will remove the root and any custom recovery installed

1E - After installing Philz kernel, y don't I see it in settings>about phone?
Because it's a stock kernel with a patched binary. It's OK. to check if u r on philz kernel, reboot into recovery and u should see cwm v6.0.1.4-Philz
alternatively, open terminal;
su
get prop

1F - Phone shows charging even when the phone is not plugged into charger.
This happens mainly due to a problem with the usb port on the phone. Check if there is dust in the port. Try cleaning it with a toothpick or toothbrush with little alcohol. make sure u remove the battery before trying this. If you are using a liquid cleaner make sure to give it enof time to dry before inserting the battery. If cleaning doesn't fix this, then u may need to change the usb port.

1G - Can I install Hydracore V7 on to a JB leak XXLS2?
NO, as the JB official kernel sources are not out yet.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1A - Before u flash any Rom make sure u have sufficient battery life
    in the last few days I have read around 30 posts where the note is not booting past galaxy note logo due to incomplete flash as battery died during flashing.
    Its just like driving to work when u know there is not enof gas in ur car.
    make sure u have sufficient battery power before u start to flash anything using cwm or odin.
    This is mentioned in all threads (ROM as well as Mods) and android give a warning as well.

1B - How to install OTA updates if i am rooted on ics with any custom kernel?
    OTA can only be installed in stock recovery. All u need to do is flash the ics rom again using pc odin. This will remove root, install stock kernel, and stock recovery. Now download the OTA and install it. Remember not to wipe from stock ICS kernels.
    Before upgrading your phone via FOTA, ensure requirements
    - Stable network status (3G / 4G or Wi-Fi)
    - Do not remove the battery during upgrade
    - Enough battery capacity (More than 50%)
    - No rooted-phone
    - Enough memory space (At least 100MB in USB storage)

1C - How to go back to stock rom from any custom rom?
    Download stock rom GB/ICS from here (courtsey : Dr Ketan) or from samfirmware.com and install it using PC odin. Select the tar.md5 file in the PDA tab, do not change anything else. Flash.
    If on GB, do a wipe data factory reset, if on ICS, install a safe kernel and then factory reset

1D - How to unroot ?
    You just need to install a stock rom using pc odin and it will remove the root and any custom recovery installed

1E - After installing Philz kernel, y don't I see it in settings>about phone?
    Because it's a stock kernel with a patched binary. It's OK. to check if u r on philz kernel, reboot into recovery and u should see cwm v6.0.1.4-Philz
    alternatively, open terminal;
    su
    get prop

1F - Phone shows charging even when the phone is not plugged into charger.
    This happens mainly due to a problem with the usb port on the phone. Check if there is dust in the port. Try cleaning it with a toothpick or toothbrush with little alcohol. make sure u remove the battery before trying this. If you are using a liquid cleaner make sure to give it enof time to dry before inserting the battery. If cleaning doesn't fix this, then u may need to change the usb port.

1G - Can I install Hydracore V7 on to a JB leak XXLS2?
    NO, as the JB official kernel sources are not out yet.
    Yes.
    Agree. At least must be >=60% to be safe.

Especially....
    When u try to install battery mod/ theme. Usually always go down drastically. This is what i have experienced on my device when changing battery mod theme

Sent from N7000 at the corner of this rounded earth.
    Since you have already started this thread so it will be good if you can add some more frequent issues, one I have seen so many times is "how to return to stock" :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone