• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is updating the Radio on RC8 Recommended?

Search This thread

majatt

Jan 26, 2009
I've got JF 1.41 RC8, can I update the radio and if so are they any drawbacks/improvements I should be aware of?

I've been searching the forum but not really finding much info regarding RC8 (I'm unlocked, not on T-Mo AND roaming so I'd rather not risk RC33 and the horror stories about txt message charges)

Fushichou

Jan 30, 2009
Pretty sure the radio update is for RC33 only at the moment, and that there is a different update for RC9, which I hope gets rolled out properly very soon.

Gary13579

Retired Moderator
Nov 14, 2008
Pretty sure the radio update is for RC33 only at the moment, and that there is a different update for RC9, which I hope gets rolled out properly very soon.

If a US phone can run RC9 without reflashing the radio to the EU version, that means there's no difference between them.

Granted, they could be doing something funky like hard coding in different radios for all firmwares, and RC9 doesn't have the RC33 radio update included in the code... but that is highly unlikely.

Just flash it, I very highly doubt it won't work. And if it doesn't, that's what the NBH is for.

majatt

Jan 26, 2009
Thanks, if its no sig diff I'll just wait. I'm really waiting for the bluetooth stack to be updated ala 'cupcake' in an official capacity.