• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is us version tmobile version only?

Search This thread

Vexusia

Dec 14, 2018
I was interested in getting this phone but I cant ever buy another carrier dependent phone again for update reasons. I thought the n10 5g wouldve been unlocked like the international versions have been but Im seeing little bits of info that point to it being tmobile 'brand'.

The bands on the main US site correspond perfectly with tmobiles bands. However there is no mention on the official oneplus n10 5g US portal (at this time) of exclusive tmobile version. It seems to be 'unlocked' but still no confirmation on that and Infact I found conflicting data.

GSMarena confirms it has deals with tmobile/metro.

Android authority basically says its tmobile/metro exclusive.

Can anyone chime in on this?

Vexusia

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks you made my decision to get it alot easier and after using it for a day, its good to know it is indeed the unlocked version when purchaing directly from oneplus apparently other retailers and amazon selling tmobile variants which is causing the confusion.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
Thanks you made my decision to get it alot easier and after using it for a day, its good to know it is indeed the unlocked version when purchaing directly from oneplus apparently other retailers and amazon selling tmobile variants which is causing the confusion.
I got mine from best buy and it was unlocked with no issues. The Amazon one looked a little fishy, as it did not clearly specify it's features

sixisixsix

Dec 30, 2019
Of course not
I was interested in getting this phone but I cant ever buy another carrier dependent phone again for update reasons. I thought the n10 5g wouldve been unlocked like the international versions have been but Im seeing little bits of info that point to it being tmobile 'brand'.

The bands on the main US site correspond perfectly with tmobiles bands. However there is no mention on the official oneplus n10 5g US portal (at this time) of exclusive tmobile version. It seems to be 'unlocked' but still no confirmation on that and Infact I found conflicting data.

GSMarena confirms it has deals with tmobile/metro.

Android authority basically says its tmobile/metro exclusive.

Can anyone chime in on this?
They are unlocked. I know the the phones bands work with tmobile, but I don't believe it has the ability to take advantage of mmwave.

Obviously phones sold by oneplus are unlocked.

Top Liked Posts