[ISSUE][FIXED] Missing Toggle In Quick Setting Panel

Search This thread

darklime

Oct 26, 2013
Doesn't work on SM-G 920T (T-Mobile USA). It just says everything is updated. The "temporary fix" was a "virus" supposedly.
I'm assuming that my carrier never had a data toggle and that's the problem I'm facing.

LaFlamaBlanca79

May 25, 2016
any chance of updating this apk to work with the 6.0.1 marshmallow update? AT&T just updated the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge to 6.0.1, which removed the data toggle. Tried using the most current version of the apk, but it does not restore the data toggle. Thx.

yoinkster

May 27, 2016
I have just joined to beg for an update to this apk. It worked so brilliantly when at&t/samsung removed it in the previous update and now on 6.0.1 it doesn't work.
I am desperate for the Mobile Data toggle and WiFi Hotspot toggle. I have a Galaxy S6, completely stock.
It narks me off so much when something gets "updated" and it doesn't keep my preferences.

Last edited:
EDIT: Modified myself the app for adding the mobile data toggle and works, apk attached, just click add multiwindow toggle and data toggle should be there

Use the thanks button if this works for you

This worked perfectly for restoring my Mobile Data toggle on my T-Mobile S5 after updating to Marshmallow. Thanks for this!

This toggle was also missing from my phone in Kitkat and Lollipop, but I was able to add it by modifying the notification_panel_active_app_list property of the Settings.db file, but as this file doesn't appear to be used anymore, that solution doesn't work anymore. I am curious, what file/setting is your app modifying to restore this toggle?

lemics

Apr 28, 2016
La Tuque
EDIT: Modified myself the app for adding the mobile data toggle and works, apk attached, just click add multiwindow toggle and data toggle should be there

I've tried your apr for my s5 neo with android 5 and it did work perfect. But i've just made upgrade to android 6 and it doesn't work..

Can you help?

Thanks

MomofCadie

Jul 10, 2016
Please help! I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 active. It just updated itself without my permission and my toggles are missing again, especially the mobile data. The fixatoggle multi window fix is not working this time. I don't know what to do.

Robbbbert

Jun 23, 2014
WORKaROUND - NOT a FIX

Updated my S5 to 6.01 and like the S6ers here, lost the DataMobile toggle.
Tried ALL (and I do mean all) the fixes mentioned earlier, nothing worked.
Apparently, this is due to a Samsung concern about the toggle's safety, thus it is being blocked.

From the Play Store, installed a Widget, "Data Settings", which was then placed at the top of the Home Screen.
Hit it, and it takes you to Mobile Networks where you can enable the Mobile data box very quickly.
Its a 2 step process that is fast and easy.
When done using data, just hit Data Settings again and uncheck Mobile data.

Last edited:

wilf100ried

Dec 11, 2015
Douala

It worked on Lollipop but since I updated the phone,
I don't know why but it doen't work on my Galaxy Note 5 on Marshmallow :confused:

danveer

Jan 1, 2011
Amritsar
Hi guys,

I had the same problem with Mobile Data toggle went missing when I switched CSC. I have a Superman rom on my S7 SM-G930W8 and I decided to switch to a Canadian CSC XAC. In doing so I lost the Mobile Data toggle, so I knew it was a CSC (region specific) issue.

Anyway, If you have root you can fix this. I was tinkering last night and downloaded CSC Features Expert from the playsotre by Wanam. It's Free. I used the app to see what CSC specific variables I can change and came across "Config Def Quick Setting Item" variable with a list of all the quick setting toggles. So added the word ",MobileData" REMEMBER THE COMMA! at the end of the list and got my toggle back.

Copied from a different xda page...
This can bring monile data toggle back but needs root

Reactions: Ramsey

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone