[ISSUE][G610M] Can Bluetooth audio be improved when Wi-Fi is in use?

Search This thread

antonini44354

Dec 7, 2015
I have a SM-G610M phone with LineageOs 15.1 installed. The problem is that, when I use Bluetooth, audio degrades on any Wi-Fi activity. It seems BT and Wi-Fi won't play together nicely.

• Any Wi-Fi activity will inmediately make BT audio crackle, and stutter, specially if going through some network workload, no matter how small it may be.
  • Even worse, it appears with about 40-50% BT signal if idle (connected) Wi-Fi.
  • When it's off, my laptop shows 100% BT signal. from my phone.
  • On heavy workloads, audio cuts off completely and BT even disconnects. If it's still connected, it shown with 10% or less of signal.
And all ot that even when I put phone right next to my computer. I get up to 3-5 feet away from my PC or from Bluetooth speaker. I think it must be my phone because audio also crackles a lot when connected to any other BT speaker.

Now, I can't seem to identify what wi-fi and BT hardware it uses as lshw and lspci won't work on Termux. The first can't be installed while the second appears not to find some system directory, thus not working.

i decided to make a thread specifically for this as I didn't seem to find any solution for this, though I did find similar issues but no one claiming to have a fix or workaround...

Thanks in advance....

tytfusokhszxc

Feb 24, 2017
Try switching your router from 2.4Ghz band to 5Ghz and check.
Coz Blueooth loves to interfere with WiFi networks and viceversa , mainly because both send signals over a 2.4GHz radio frequency. Sometimes Bluetooth cuts off access to the internet entirely, while in other cases it just slows down the speed significantly...
This is just by assumption of what might be your problem, i don't know what exactly is your issue so.

Reactions: antonini44354

antonini44354

Dec 7, 2015
Coz Blueooth loves to interfere with WiFi networks and viceversa , mainly because both send signals over a 2.4GHz radio frequency. Sometimes Bluetooth cuts off access to the internet entirely, while in other cases it just slows down the speed significantly...

Does the G610M support 5ghz hands?

I've also read about this issue, but I didn't think it's a problem because my laptop ouptuts well to the Bluetooth speaker, which is shown with 100% signal at all times.

This is just by assumption of what might be your problem, i don't know what exactly is your issue so.

I thought I made myself clear enough. Could you please ask me a question so I can explain myself better?

That would mean using ROMs that aren't AOSP, so some Magisk or Xposed mods would barely work, would they?

Yes most likely not AOSP but there are OneUI ROMs that work flawlessly with both Magisk and Xposed you just need to be careful with which mods you try installing since sometimes the ROM's already contain certain tweaks that may be messed up by additional conflicting mods but other than that, I don't see the problem in using non AOSP ROM's though LOS would be less restrictive when it comes modding but the bugs would discourage most anyways to daily drive them...

Reactions: antonini44354

antonini44354

Dec 7, 2015
Yes most likely not AOSP but there are OneUI ROMs that work flawlessly with both Magisk and Xposed you just need to be careful with which mods you try installing since sometimes the ROM's already contain certain tweaks that may be messed up by additional conflicting mods but other than that, I don't see the problem in using non AOSP ROM's though LOS would be less restrictive when it comes modding but the bugs would discourage most anyways to daily drive them...

Well, this would be it, as my router won't support 5GHz Wi-Fi. Even if it did, there are several older devices that don't support either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just don't use LOS and problem solved for the most part. LOS builds are almost always buggy anyways same as CM before... Just use other Android 9/10 ROMs
    That would mean using ROMs that aren't AOSP, so some Magisk or Xposed mods would barely work, would they?

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone