Question Issue: touch is not working properly

Search This thread

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thanks for giving the method of checking lcm. Mine is tianma. I was a victim of poco f1 s bad tianma display. It had severe multi touch issues. Whts your panel? Heard huanix is better in brightness , touch etc. True?

2 of them Huaxing.

Brightness, touch... well I don't game it, and did not extensively use them, so hard to compare since my last phone is Mi4i (still MIUI 6) at hand.

Haven't bring any under the sun, but some people here saying the brightness is not enough for them. (They most likely compare it with OLED/AMOLED, but I never use OLED/AMOLED in the past.)

geekymahesh

Jul 20, 2013
Trivandrum
2 of them Huaxing.

Brightness, touch... well I don't game it, and did not extensively use them, so hard to compare since my last phone is Mi4i (still MIUI 6) at hand.

Haven't bring any under the sun, but some people here saying the brightness is not enough for them. (They most likely compare it with OLED/AMOLED, but I never use OLED/AMOLED in the past.)
Okay. I had mi4,mi5,mi6 with jdi displays and some amoled devices in the past. I am okay with ips, its good enough. My concern is, when gsmarena tested x3 pro they got only 530 nits auto mode. They got 630 nits in x3 nfc earlier. Most of the ips fones now hav over 600 in auto. It seems both x3 nfc and x3 pro uses same panels but pro lacks some nits in auto mode. I wonder whether it is due to tianma or not.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Okay. I had mi4,mi5,mi6 with jdi displays and some amoled devices in the past. I am okay with ips, its good enough. My concern is, when gsmarena tested x3 pro they got only 530 nits auto mode. They got 630 nits in x3 nfc earlier. Most of the ips fones now hav over 600 in auto. It seems both x3 nfc and x3 pro uses same panels but pro lacks some nits in auto mode. I wonder whether it is due to tianma or not.

It's likely because the SoC is different. This SD860 will consume higher power, other parts of the phone has to consume lower. never00miss had an explanation understandable. [SD860 is SD855+ overclock or SD855 overclock overclock:p]
https://xdaforums.com/t/poco-x3-pro-kernel.4273939/post-84997577

So they might have lower voltage for the screen brightness to preserve power for the chip. (for stability reasons)

As Gsmarena didn't detect the voltage supply to the screen and manually matched them between for devices, they are controlled by MIUI, Android and the "light sensor". (still stability reason)

Maybe there's way to remove the limit, especially rooted.

Unless they test it with root and had push it to the maximum they could, it's not yet the actual Maximum brightness. (eg. the thread about overclock, do the opposite, maybe you can get higher brightness at the cost of lower performance of the SoC, at your own risk)

You can read some similar question and answers here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/hbjd81
1620993642475.png

This as well.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56203720/how-do-i-detect-the-screen-brightness-range-on-android

Last edited:

geekymahesh

Jul 20, 2013
Trivandrum
It's likely because the SoC is different. This SD860 will consume higher power, other parts of the phone has to consume lower. never00miss had an explanation understandable. [SD860 is SD855+ overclock or SD855 overclock overclock:p]
https://xdaforums.com/t/poco-x3-pro-kernel.4273939/post-84997577

So they might have lower voltage for the screen brightness to preserve power for the chip. (for stability reasons)

As Gsmarena didn't detect the voltage supply to the screen and manually matched them between for devices, they are controlled by MIUI, Android and the "light sensor". (still stability reason)

Maybe there's way to remove the limit, especially rooted.

Unless they test it with root and had push it to the maximum they could, it's not yet the actual Maximum brightness. (eg. the thread about overclock, do the opposite, maybe you can get higher brightness at the cost of lower performance of the SoC, at your own risk)

You can read some similar question and answers here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/hbjd81
View attachment 5308881

This as well.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56203720/how-do-i-detect-the-screen-brightness-range-on-android
Thanks for the info...much appreciated...but it seems the mi10 t screen is made by huanix . Someone earlier said he got 2 x3, 1 with huanix and other with tianma and huanix had better brightness and quality

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thanks for the info...much appreciated...but it seems the mi10 t screen is made by huanix . Someone earlier said he got 2 x3, 1 with huanix and other with tianma and huanix had better brightness and quality

No compare no despair.

Most people only buy 1 phone of a model.

If many user don't feel the difference or they can bare with it, users are happy, and Xiaomi is also happy.

It's just business. Profit and cost down.

Guessing GSMarena had theirs with Tianma, so they had the bad performance you mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

geekymahesh

Jul 20, 2013
Trivandrum
No compare no despair.

Most people only buy 1 phone of a model.

If many user don't feel the difference or they can bare with it, users are happy, and Xiaomi is also happy.

It's just business. Profit and cost down.

Guessing GSMarena had theirs with Tianma, so they had the bad performance you mentioned earlier.
Absolutely. Why i am bothered is coz. I am moderate pubg player. I had mi3, mi4, Mi5, mi6 and some budget mi devices like mia1, redmi note 5 pro, note 4, redmi 1s and some Samsung devices like s2, s4 etc. I started pubg in mi5, no issues. Then bought poco f1 and it was horrible with bad touch. It was like a Ferrari with malfunctioning steering wheel. Used it 2 years , trird every roms and kernels but no luck. Found it was due to the bad tianma + nvt touch. Now bought x3 pro, but confused whether i shud sell it off and buy f3 or any other or keeep it. It looks like i got the bad tianma again. The flagship jdi displays of mi flagships i had was superb. Anyway thanks for the replies. You are awesome pal.

Sajjad6630

Aug 12, 2016
Absolutely. Why i am bothered is coz. I am moderate pubg player. I had mi3, mi4, Mi5, mi6 and some budget mi devices like mia1, redmi note 5 pro, note 4, redmi 1s and some Samsung devices like s2, s4 etc. I started pubg in mi5, no issues. Then bought poco f1 and it was horrible with bad touch. It was like a Ferrari with malfunctioning steering wheel. Used it 2 years , trird every roms and kernels but no luck. Found it was due to the bad tianma + nvt touch. Now bought x3 pro, but confused whether i shud sell it off and buy f3 or any other or keeep it. It looks like i got the bad tianma again. The flagship jdi displays of mi flagships i had was superb. Anyway thanks for the replies. You are awesome pal.
bro i think u r a noob player and just saying bad touch or bad ping 😂😂

benson.nosneb

Jun 19, 2021
Stock ROM Poco x3 pro has a problem with touch when using 120hz, the only solution I found as of now is using 60hz and the touchscreen works fine. Many owners of Poco X3 Pro have this problem and it is already recognize in official MIUI community

Attachments

• POCO.jpg
    POCO.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 33

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have issue with touch too. in two 1in1 cm area on my touch doesnt work properly.(in bottom and right side of touch screen). and when i restarting phone this issue go away.
    1.does your issue solved? if yes how?
    2.do u know its from software or hardware?
    3.anyone have suggestion?
    Even I faced the same issue, and this problem is faced by multiple users. Just check the telegram channel, so many reports on the same problem.
    Mine the bottom middle part of the screen sometimes touch not registering like scrolling but again if I click any apps it opens. Only this problem is related to scrolling.
    I have got the replacement of the phone and now there is no issue.