Issue w/adb showing no device yet fastboot shows serial

Search This thread

germandark

Jul 13, 2010
Brandon, FL
I have been trying since yesterday to get my Nexus back in to working function. I had CM 6.0 with ClockWork recovery. Through recovery I wiped data/cache/etc then attempted to flash a stock frf91.zip from the sd card. As it was in the process of doing so recovery gave me an error and said it would reboot into Rom Manager. Now my phone hangs on Nexus X logo before the boot animation. I can power the device into fastboot to choose bootloader-reboot-reboot bootload-power off.

I believe that recovery process had the error/issue right after it deleted the system image.

YET I do not have the function of my Power/Multi-Use Button on the top of the phone. So I tried to use adb (which I have used with my phone previously without any issues) to attempt to install the stock rom image.

With adb running I sent the command to display the devices connected. It shows the list but with nothing connected (NOT an error or no devices connected), just blank. I then tried fastboot and sent the command to list connected devices, fastboot showed my devices serial as a connected device.

I was able to flash a system.img file using fastboot yet nothing happened, an all other restore attempts, like userdata.img or boot.img, etc. will not work and come back with a error of no remote permission.

Sorry for the entire book, but I am sort of lost.

My reason for this whole mess is because I wanted to restore my phone to a stock rom and recovery to send it in to have the power button fixed while retaining my warranty (my bootloaded IS locked).

When I get home from college today I am going try loading a stock factory passimg.zip of ERD79 on my sd and let fastboot try to pick up on it. I really have no other option haha.

Anyone have a suggestion? Honestly I am willing to just send it in AS-IS or brick it an tell them I had no idea what happened that I couldn't use the power button and it died after an update.

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
Couldn't tell from reading your write up - can you boot into recovery?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

germandark

Jul 13, 2010
Brandon, FL
no I cannot. I do not have use of my power button. I am going to read through the new thread concerning accessing recovery without use of the power button.

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
To use adb, you need to be in recovery, or fully booted with debugging enabled.

To use fastboot, you need to unlock your boot loader.

Try reverting to stock via passimg method (one of the newer ones, if you have the Froyo radio).

germandark

Jul 13, 2010
Brandon, FL
I recently realized that was the issue with adb. So fastboot is out of the question then. Doesn't the passimg method require use of the power button though?

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
Should be passimg.zip (not img).
Makes sure it's not a zip inside a zip.
FRG83 seems problematic, so try FRG33 instead.

germandark

Jul 13, 2010
Brandon, FL
I got the passimg method working correctly. I mean passimg.zip in the previous post. I tried frf91 and it went through then said checking and went straight back to hboot without asking for permission. I'm going to try frg33 and if that doesn't work I will try the app you found.