• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Issue with 4G all time activated

Search This thread

spjetrovic

Jan 22, 2011
new Jersey
OnePlus 6T
Apple iPhone 12
You sure you don't have this option turned on?
Screenshot_20210925-100903_Settings.jpg

I'm talking about the October Update !
Alright, thanks for the heads up. Will check it out soon. Haven't installed October update because I'm so happy with the September one that I don't want to risk breaking anything on the phone now. AUHD is damn near perfect for me 😀

Reactions: quadeur06
Hi @enigmaamit
It's an error , the issue is always here...
With october update i have the issue !
And i send message to Samsung Members and they said " no problem detected" lol
I don't know. I've just set up the Bixby routine I told you about and forgotten about it, so never had the issue after that. I think that's the best solution for now, especially if Samsung refuses to acknowledge the problem.

Reactions: quadeur06

Top Liked Posts

Hi @enigmaamit
    It's an error , the issue is always here...
    With october update i have the issue !
    And i send message to Samsung Members and they said " no problem detected" lol
    I don't know. I've just set up the Bixby routine I told you about and forgotten about it, so never had the issue after that. I think that's the best solution for now, especially if Samsung refuses to acknowledge the problem.
    Yes i think it's the best solution :)
    Hello !
    Since 2-3 weeks, i have an issue !
    at home when I have wifi activated, I always have the 4G logo displayed and sometimes 4G is used instead of wifi! I have however disabled the options in the wifi such as automatic switching when wifi is poor but my 4G logo is still there! so indeed if I deactivate 4G, the logo disappears but I would like to have both as before! someone have this issue? thank you !
    Used to happen to me too.

Network settings reset didn't help. Issue kept recurring randomly. Plus it was super irritating setting up all network credentials after every reset.

So I devised a workaround for this using Bixby Routines.

I set up a new routine whereby if my Home WiFi is connected, Mobile Data is turned off. Once i leave home and WiFi disconnects, Mobile Data automatically turns on. Solved my problem. You could try this out if you like.

Network settings reset didn't help. Issue kept recurring randomly. Plus it was super irritating setting up all network credentials after every reset.

I set up a new routine whereby if my Home WiFi is connected, Mobile Data is turned off. Once i leave home and WiFi disconnects, Mobile Data automatically turns on. Solved my problem. You could try this out if you like.
    Thanks !
    It's a good idea :)
    I will make this !
    Apparently, it's a rogue app as per the Samsung centre. I showed them this issue and they said it's an app that could be causing this. They did this with another device at the centre that was on the same software that I was on and that device didn't have the 4G data symbol when on on wifi...So, they did a complete restore from their end, which I assume is the ODIN equivalent for us here and the issues seems to have gone while the total apps I have on have also reduced...
    Thanks my friends ! I don't think it's an issue of rogue app , because all my app is from play store and is not unknown developers....
    It's very easy for samsung to say that ! ^^
    I think it's an issue of software after update
    By rogue app, I didn't mean just apps that are sideloaded. Even playstore apps can be rogue! FYI, this issue has been present since the May/ June update. I wanted to get the sammy people to validate this with another device on-premise which they did in front of me.
    Hello !
    at home when I have wifi activated, I always have the 4G logo displayed and sometimes 4G is used instead of wifi! I have however disabled the options in the wifi such as automatic switching when wifi is poor but my 4G logo is still there! so indeed if I deactivate 4G, the logo disappears but I would like to have both as before! someone have this issue? thank you !
    View attachment 5414199
    Your phone needs to connect to 4G/3G to receive calls and texts so will be on when you are using Wifi. If you turn Wifi calling on then it will disappear as it can use the Wifi to receive calls and texts then. If they hid the signal strength how would you know if you could receive calls, this is not a bug. HTH

Edit: screenshot showing my phone with LTE and Wifi, then just Wifi when wifi calling is on.
    WithWifiCalling.jpg

WithoutWifiCalling.jpg
    Hello !

Thanks !
    It's a good idea :)
    I will make this !
    Apparently, it's a rogue app as per the Samsung centre. I showed them this issue and they said it's an app that could be causing this. They did this with another device at the centre that was on the same software that I was on and that device didn't have the 4G data symbol when on on wifi...So, they did a complete restore from their end, which I assume is the ODIN equivalent for us here and the issues seems to have gone while the total apps I have on have also reduced...
    Thanks my friends ! I don't think it's an issue of rogue app , because all my app is from play store and is not unknown developers....
    It's very easy for samsung to say that ! ^^
    I think it's an issue of software after update
    By rogue app, I didn't mean just apps that are sideloaded. Even playstore apps can be rogue! FYI, this issue has been present since the May/ June update. I wanted to get the sammy people to validate this with another device on-premise which they did in front of me.
    Hello !
    View attachment 5414199
    Your phone needs to connect to 4G/3G to receive calls and texts so will be on when you are using Wifi. If you turn Wifi calling on then it will disappear as it can use the Wifi to receive calls and texts then. If they hid the signal strength how would you know if you could receive calls, this is not a bug. HTH

Edit: screenshot showing my phone with LTE and Wifi, then just Wifi when wifi calling is on.
    WithWifiCalling.jpg

WithoutWifiCalling.jpg