• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Issue with 4G on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, non Samsung phone

Search This thread

littleash88

Sep 23, 2015
Huddersfield
Same issue here too but I'm using Oppo. Would have thought that with it being Wear OS over Tizen that the cellular would be opened up to more than just Samsung phones. Very frustrating really.

Same issue here too but I'm using Oppo. Would have thought that with it being Wear OS over Tizen that the cellular would be opened up to more than just Samsung phones. Very frustrating really.

I've ended up returning mine and getting the bluetooth version instead. Only possible workaround I found was someone mentioning was setting up the esim through a compatible Galaxy phone, and then setting up on the non-samsung phone. Not sure if this would work, and sounds like too much hassle!

Last edited:

Nat.smith26

Dec 3, 2020
You need to borrow a Samsung phone to do it.

But tbh, it does not work either at this moment.

I think the Watch is too recent and they can't recognize it yet.

MKOTTP

Sep 30, 2020
I have just received the 4G model through today and tried to connect to my phone to copy the EE plan details over. However it seems it only works with Samsung phones. I have a Pixel 5, is there a workaround anyone knows of?

Many thanks!
issue fixed now ?, r u able to use 4G model ?

stag74

May 6, 2017
Don't understand this.
I couldn't pair my watch with my Huawei phone, but that was because of the known Huawei block.
I've therefore decided to pair with another of my phones a Motorola.
No issue at all loading a vodafone eSim onto the watch (payg) with the Motorola having a giffgaff sim, also payg.
I only want to use the Vodafone eSim to keep me connected when out of Bluetooth range (apps and txt messages from my phone), and for voice calls I simply forward on when not answered to the Vodafone eSim number.
This way I don't need an expensive contract sim plan and add on watch sim plan.

Top Liked Posts