• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question issue with AA incremental update

Search This thread

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am on 11.2.4.4 (AA) and after reading about the success others were having I decided to take an incremental update, which shows up as 11.2.6.6 (unlocked/verizon). I followed the instructions found in many places, which consisted of restoring image in magisk, taking the incremental update, when finished I did not reboot, and then installed magisk to inactive slot. upon reboot my system still shows 11.2.4.4, and in the system update page it is still asking me to reboot, as if I needed to hit the system restart button in system update, which is very odd. also, I was running omega kernel, and after installing the update the kernel is back to stock, but for some reason the system has not updated and is still stuck on 11.2.4.4, and still has system reboot button on update setting screen. has anyone ran into this issue, and does anyone know how I should proceed? I am afraid if I hit reboot on the update setting screen that I will have some issue. I have also rebooted multiple times, yet the system has not updated. any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated!

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
You need to install 11.2.4.4 full update again in local update then the incremental will install 😊 👍
I've never heard of this method, where did you do this yourself and it worked? reinstalling a full update via local update actually forced your incremental update to take? also, how would this work when I would be installing things to different slots?

Last edited:
Reactions: avid_droid

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah that don't work. Didn't reinstall but I wiped and tried again. Still failed. Even edited craznazn package to fix model number and still that didn't work. Back to BA and have no issues updating
so you are basically in the same boat as me? an incremental update is not taking? yeah thanks for reporting that, I was skeptical about that method, but I'm thinking I'll try it anyway. if not, guess I'll have to wait until AA releases a full update other than 11.2.4.4

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
so you are basically in the same boat as me? an incremental update is not taking? yeah thanks for reporting that, I was skeptical about that method, but I'm thinking I'll try it anyway. if not, guess I'll have to wait until AA releases a full update other than 11.2.4.4
Maybe you can download the full version of the 11 .2.4.4 from here and start over. The custom kernel combined with root may have messed it up. Happy modding!

Edit: only take full updates when rooted.

Last edited:

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Maybe you can download the full version of the 11 .2.4.4 from here and start over. The custom kernel combined with root may have messed it up. Happy modding!

I know the thing is up until this point I've always went for full os updates, never incremental, but after reading many posts about other members taking incremental updates successfully, (restore images in magisk - take update - don't reboot - then install magisk to inactive slot) I decided to try it myself, and I should have never bothered. I'll just wait until a new full update comes out for AA and never bother with incremental again. thing is I followed instructions to the T, yet it didn't work, so I don't know how others have been successful with this.

Reactions: galaxys

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah it does work 😡
Or I wouldn't have gave advice 🤦‍♂️
ota 11.2.4.4 twice, and 11.2.7.7 will install....
so since the incremental update I tried to apply is somehow "stuck" you are saying to local update 11.2.4.4 and then upon reboot 11.2.6.6 will be installed? and are you saying to ota 11.2.4.4 twice because of the slot I am on and would need to get back to that slot for the incremental update to apply? I am willing to try this but I've never heard of it, but hey if it works man then I am grateful

Last edited:

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Yeah it does work 😡
Don't get your panties in a bunch with that mad face haha. Just found it odd. I also wasn't rooted for the other gentlemen who said about root.was completely unrooted and fresh system update from BA to AA. Since there isn't a huge difference between 11.2.7.7 and 11.2.6.6 I'll just wait it out. Thanks guys

Reactions: Libra420T

Libra420T

Don't get your panties in a bunch with that mad face haha. Just found it odd. I also wasn't rooted for the other gentlemen who said about root.was completely unrooted and fresh system update from BA to AA. Since there isn't a huge difference between 11.2.7.7 and 11.2.6.6 I'll just wait it out. Thanks guys
😂 all good hdr is add to video but that's basically it. but method does work, did it on both my 9pro's

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
Hi, I just wanted to add that on the AA version(unlocked US version from OnePlus) the boot image have to match for the inc to install. Also I'm using props hide module and to manually select the OTA this has to be disabled (reverted). I ran into some issues at first but hopefully have it figured out.

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Here is my theory on why people are failing OTA. I think maybe their A and B slots dont have matching content before they OTA. Try using the lineageOS script to duplicate the active to the inactive slots first. I'm curious if that does the trick.

Reactions: Libra420T

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
yes local update needs to be down twice...
I decided to take your advice bro but I'm getting update installation error. I've tried a few times now and the full 11.2.4.4 I have will not install. so I'm unable to even install the full ota, did this happen to you? thing is the 11.2.6.6 incremental ota that didn't install is no longer in system update, now 11.2.7.7 is, so I don't know what is exactly going on bc my system still reports 11.2.4.4. any help is appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to install 11.2.4.4 full update again in local update then the incremental will install 😊 👍
    I've never heard of this method, where did you do this yourself and it worked? reinstalling a full update via local update actually forced your incremental update to take? also, how would this work when I would be installing things to different slots?
    Yeah that don't work. Didn't reinstall but I wiped and tried again. Still failed. Even edited craznazn package to fix model number and still that didn't work. Back to BA and have no issues updating

I know the thing is up until this point I've always went for full os updates, never incremental, but after reading many posts about other members taking incremental updates successfully, (restore images in magisk - take update - don't reboot - then install magisk to inactive slot) I decided to try it myself, and I should have never bothered. I'll just wait until a new full update comes out for AA and never bother with incremental again. thing is I followed instructions to the T, yet it didn't work, so I don't know how others have been successful with this.
    Yeah it does work 😡