• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Issue with focus on camera 1.0x

Search This thread

quadeur06

Feb 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hello !
This weekend , i find an issue on my S21 ultra..
With the 1.0x camera , the back of the photo is always blurry...
With 3.0x or 0.6x no problem ! I try to touch my screen for the focus but same problem... my mother have the same phone and she don't have the issue :( someone have this issue ?? I try to clear the data of "appareil photo" but same...
I see many posts on samsung members but nobody finds the solution
Here : 0.6x photo
20210621_130934.jpg

Here : 1.0x photo
20210621_125922.jpg

Here : 3.0x photo
20210621_130948.jpg

So you can see the plastic hut is blurry in 1.0x
Can you help me ?

rcastroc59

Sep 7, 2011
Tha
Hello !
With 3.0x or 0.6x no problem ! I try to touch my screen for the focus but same problem... my mother have the same phone and she don't have the issue :( someone have this issue ?? I try to clear the data of "appareil photo" but same...
Here : 0.6x photoView attachment 5344013
View attachment 5344011
Here : 3.0x photoView attachment 5344015
Can you help me ?
That isn't "blur".... that's normal and to expect with wide aperture optics and big sensors... it's a well know photographic effect called "bokeh"... you can read about it online.

Hello !
Here : 0.6x photo

Here : 3.0x photo
Can you help me ?
Do you have any lens protection or glass cover etc installed over the camera module? Any kind of protection on the back?

Also, can you post some photos of the camera module? Check for any condensation or debris inside the camera housing, especially under the main camera lens cover.

quadeur06

Feb 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Do you have any lens protection or glass cover etc installed over the camera module? Any kind of protection on the back?

Also, can you post some photos of the camera module? Check for any condensation or debris inside the camera housing, especially under the main camera lens cover.
Hi !
Thanks for you're message :)
Yes since the beginning , i had a glass cover on my camera module , and i think it was the problem..but after remove it , same issue :(

Some exemple
20210621_160548.jpg
20210621_160539.jpg
20210621_160519.jpg

You can see , all time the background is "blurry" , if you zoom on the photo , is very blurry
If i use the 3.0x zoom , the background is perfect...
Do you have a solution..?

quadeur06

Feb 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
In previous 1X photo you had a subject in first plane... maybe the cam focus on that and naturally the background result unfocus (bokeh). In you last 1X photo there is less distance to hut, and nothing was in first plane, so the focus was on the hut.
IMHO
Yes i understand , it's the bokeh effect !
But on every photo , my background is unfocus , why on other s21 ultra , i dont have the problem ? :(
Do you want comparaison photo ?
I think it's an issue of my phone..

Hi !
Thanks for you're message :)
Yes since the beginning , i had a glass cover on my camera module , and i think it was the problem..but after remove it , same issue :(

Some exemple
View attachment 5344135View attachment 5344137View attachment 5344139
You can see , all time the background is "blurry" , if you zoom on the photo , is very blurry
If i use the 3.0x zoom , the background is perfect...
Do you have a solution..?
Yes, I can see its very blurry.

Can you post photos of the camera module? Not photos "from" the S21U camera, photos "of" the camera module on the back of your phone. You have to take it with another phone/camera... There might be something under the lens cover

Attachments

• downloadfile-1.jpg
    downloadfile-1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 51
  • downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 51

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @enigmaamit
    Samsung sent me my phone with the summary "no problem detected"
    I don't know what to do ...
    The problem is always here :(
    I was advised to send it back but you have to wait 3 times for a change of motherboard, and I don't even think that the motherboard has a problem
    That sucks...
    Can you try using 'pro mode' and then try adjusting the focus manually?

If you're able to focus everything in green in foreground and background and still the pic is blurred after processing, then it's most probably the hardware.

I reckon if this solved your issue, then you'll have something to show them to explain it better. Hope this helps.
    Hi @enigmaamit and @robbie1104
    Samsung called me today
    They said to me " the phone have no issue , it's a normal functionnality"
    I told them that I had another S21 and it didn't have the problem, they will watch again

For you @robbie1104 i have already tried you're solution , and the result is very strange
    I made few taps on the camera , the focus it's good and suddenly the focus is lost
    I think Samsung is trying to shrug away responsibility. How can blurred photos be normal functionality?

Don't compromise and keep pushing.

Maybe escalate it on social media as well as email their apellate authority to bring the matter a little more attention.
    I don't know what to say... I've returned to Samsung after 6 years, and from the comments on XDA, it looks like their customer service is really bad. I'm just hoping I don't have to claim any warranty service, because from numerous user reported experiences, it looks like Samsung just doesn't acknowledge issues with its devices.
    Completely agree.
    Unless it's an obvious defect, it's very difficult to convince the service center to do anything.

Main issue i faced was passing of information....
    I can easily show the issue to the person who takes my phone, but it's useless as he doesn't pass on the information as accurately to the technical side and they always end up returning the device after a basic reset stating everything is fine !
    Hi @enigmaamit & @ZayaanAhyaan
    I went to get my phone (I didn't get it)! and finally with their complete software reinstallation, everything works again !! it must be different from a usual reset, but in any case the problem is solved so it was really software issue Thank you so much for you're help
    Hi @enigmaamit
    Samsung sent me my phone with the summary "no problem detected"
    I don't know what to do ...
    The problem is always here :(
    I was advised to send it back but you have to wait 3 times for a change of motherboard, and I don't even think that the motherboard has a problem
    That sucks...
    Can you try using 'pro mode' and then try adjusting the focus manually?

If you're able to focus everything in green in foreground and background and still the pic is blurred after processing, then it's most probably the hardware.

I reckon if this solved your issue, then you'll have something to show them to explain it better. Hope this helps.
    Hi @enigmaamit and @robbie1104
    Samsung called me today
    They said to me " the phone have no issue , it's a normal functionnality"
    I told them that I had another S21 and it didn't have the problem, they will watch again

For you @robbie1104 i have already tried you're solution , and the result is very strange
    I made few taps on the camera , the focus it's good and suddenly the focus is lost
    I think Samsung is trying to shrug away responsibility. How can blurred photos be normal functionality?

Don't compromise and keep pushing.

Maybe escalate it on social media as well as email their apellate authority to bring the matter a little more attention.
    I don't know what to say... I've returned to Samsung after 6 years, and from the comments on XDA, it looks like their customer service is really bad. I'm just hoping I don't have to claim any warranty service, because from numerous user reported experiences, it looks like Samsung just doesn't acknowledge issues with its devices.
    Completely agree.
    Unless it's an obvious defect, it's very difficult to convince the service center to do anything.

Main issue i faced was passing of information....
    I can easily show the issue to the person who takes my phone, but it's useless as he doesn't pass on the information as accurately to the technical side and they always end up returning the device after a basic reset stating everything is fine !
    Hi @enigmaamit & @ZayaanAhyaan
    I went to get my phone (I didn't get it)! and finally with their complete software reinstallation, everything works again !! it must be different from a usual reset, but in any case the problem is solved so it was really software issue Thank you so much for you're help