• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Issue with focus on camera 1.0x

Search This thread

robbie1104

Mar 26, 2019
Hi, it looks like a focus lock issue. Try giving the camera module a few taps with your finger, then try taking a picutre inmediatly. Knowing that, you will simply check if focus is working... and comment on it to the technical service.

quadeur06

Feb 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi @enigmaamit and @robbie1104
Samsung called me today
They said to me " the phone have no issue , it's a normal functionnality"
I told them that I had another S21 and it didn't have the problem, they will watch again

For you @robbie1104 i have already tried you're solution , and the result is very strange
I made few taps on the camera , the focus it's good and suddenly the focus is lost

Samsung called me today
I told them that I had another S21 and it didn't have the problem, they will watch again

For you @robbie1104 i have already tried you're solution , and the result is very strange
I made few taps on the camera , the focus it's good and suddenly the focus is lost
I think Samsung is trying to shrug away responsibility. How can blurred photos be normal functionality?

Don't compromise and keep pushing.

Maybe escalate it on social media as well as email their apellate authority to bring the matter a little more attention.

Reactions: quadeur06

quadeur06

Feb 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I think Samsung is trying to shrug away responsibility. How can blurred photos be normal functionality?

Maybe escalate it on social media as well as email their apellate authority to bring the matter a little more attention.
I wait 2-3 days for their return and if no change I will put pressure, I'm not the type to let it go
They tested the photos only with the foreground, that's why he doesn't see the problem
I told them it takes something in the background to see the problem

quadeur06

Feb 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi @enigmaamit
Samsung sent me my phone with the summary "no problem detected"
I don't know what to do ...
The problem is always here :(
I was advised to send it back but you have to wait 3 times for a change of motherboard, and I don't even think that the motherboard has a problem

ZayaanAhyaan

Dec 2, 2016
Hi @enigmaamit
I was advised to send it back but you have to wait 3 times for a change of motherboard, and I don't even think that the motherboard has a problem
That sucks...
Can you try using 'pro mode' and then try adjusting the focus manually?

If you're able to focus everything in green in foreground and background and still the pic is blurred after processing, then it's most probably the hardware.

I reckon if this solved your issue, then you'll have something to show them to explain it better. Hope this helps.

That sucks...

If you're able to focus everything in green in foreground and background and still the pic is blurred after processing, then it's most probably the hardware.

I reckon if this solved your issue, then you'll have something to show them to explain it better. Hope this helps.
That sounds like a good idea to try out.

Hi @enigmaamit
I don't know what to say... I've returned to Samsung after 6 years, and from the comments on XDA, it looks like their customer service is really bad. I'm just hoping I don't have to claim any warranty service, because from numerous user reported experiences, it looks like Samsung just doesn't acknowledge issues with its devices.

ZayaanAhyaan

Dec 2, 2016
I don't know what to say... I've returned to Samsung after 6 years, and from the comments on XDA, it looks like their customer service is really bad. I'm just hoping I don't have to claim any warranty service, because from numerous user reported experiences, it looks like Samsung just doesn't acknowledge issues with its devices.
Completely agree.
Unless it's an obvious defect, it's very difficult to convince the service center to do anything.

Main issue i faced was passing of information....
I can easily show the issue to the person who takes my phone, but it's useless as he doesn't pass on the information as accurately to the technical side and they always end up returning the device after a basic reset stating everything is fine !

Reactions: enigmaamit
Hi @enigmaamit & @ZayaanAhyaan
I went to get my phone (I didn't get it)! and finally with their complete software reinstallation, everything works again !! it must be different from a usual reset, but in any case the problem is solved so it was really software issue Thank you so much for you're help
Glad you got it working again. Enjoy your phone :D

sammyboy405

100% same issue here . Happened right after July Update.

But seems to be a HW issue as if i shake my phone it will focus fine.

Samsung has no replacement phones in stock and want me to send my phone to them for repair 3/4 weeks. Uh no? They have no phones available due to covid their supply has been depleted. So im stuck with a broken phone or be without a phone for 3 to 4 weeks

But yea same issue here. Ive seeb alot of posts in various places on the internet hope its just a coincidence.

quadeur06

Feb 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
100% same issue here . Happened right after July Update.

But seems to be a HW issue as if i shake my phone it will focus fine.

Samsung has no replacement phones in stock and want me to send my phone to them for repair 3/4 weeks. Uh no? They have no phones available due to covid their supply has been depleted. So im stuck with a broken phone or be without a phone for 3 to 4 weeks

But yea same issue here. Ive seeb alot of posts in various places on the internet hope its just a coincidence.
Sorry for you my friend
I think the best solution is to wait without you're phone since 3/4 weeks !
But you don't have an other phone ?

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Hi guys,

I just noticed this today. On 1x it loses focus. I am on beta 1 One UI 4.0.

Not sure if that caused it?

suryamohan1919

Jul 1, 2018
Hi guys,
Same issue from last 2 days with my S21 Ultra exynos also. I am on One UI 4.0 beta 2. Any help would be really appreciated. Reported it on Samsung Members beta feedback. Will wait and see.
SmartSelect_20211017-201817_Software update.jpg

Quazza

Oct 22, 2013
Has been happening with me for a few months. Was hoping the Oct update would fix it but we got that here in Australia over night and it's still the same.

Shaking the phone seems to work. Far from ideal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @enigmaamit
    That sucks...

Tha
    Hello !
    This weekend , i find an issue on my S21 ultra..
    With the 1.0x camera , the back of the photo is always blurry...
    With 3.0x or 0.6x no problem ! I try to touch my screen for the focus but same problem... my mother have the same phone and she don't have the issue :( someone have this issue ?? I try to clear the data of "appareil photo" but same...
    I see many posts on samsung members but nobody finds the solution
    Here : 0.6x photoView attachment 5344013
    Here : 1.0x photo
    View attachment 5344011
    Here : 3.0x photoView attachment 5344015
    So you can see the plastic hut is blurry in 1.0x
    Can you help me ?
    That isn't "blur".... that's normal and to expect with wide aperture optics and big sensors... it's a well know photographic effect called "bokeh"... you can read about it online.
    Samsung called me today

Completely agree.
    Unless it's an obvious defect, it's very difficult to convince the service center to do anything.

Main issue i faced was passing of information....
    I can easily show the issue to the person who takes my phone, but it's useless as he doesn't pass on the information as accurately to the technical side and they always end up returning the device after a basic reset stating everything is fine !
    Hi @enigmaamit & @ZayaanAhyaan
    I went to get my phone (I didn't get it)! and finally with their complete software reinstallation, everything works again !! it must be different from a usual reset, but in any case the problem is solved so it was really software issue Thank you so much for you're help