Issue with Sprint SIM locked Z Flip

Search This thread

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi guys.
First let me say that I really wanted a Z Flip. There was only network that had any in shock. That was with Sprint. I love the phone buts Sprints network is HORRIBLE. The Z Flip is on a lease and I have no issue continuing the Sprint network agreement but I want to use it on the VZW network. There are no SIM rck codes to unlock. Even the companies that remote into your machine told me they could not unlock the Z Flip.

I tried flashing the XAA build with a Verizon SIM but it keeps telling me the OADM server is rejecting my request to change carrier. My phone has a grayed out eSIM with a valid IMEI. Is it legal to change the IMEI and will the new IMEI allow me to use on VZW?

Sorry. I don't mean to break any rules. I just desperately want it off the Spring network.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nope. The Z Flip on Sprint does not use an unlock code. No company that unlock phones has been able to assist. I'm now working with Sprint to get an exception due to my situation. I also have a couple C-Suite email I may use if this fails. C-Suite folks have dedicated CSR's that can do a lot more than a typical CSR. The Sprint network is simply awful. I can't use this phone outside of WiFi. I get .6 mb down and 0.0 up. Not very useful. I love the phone though.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I saw that but not ready to spend 175 and reviews are spotty. I sent emails to at least 5 unlocking company's that slist they support unlock the on all Sprint Samsung phones and they all said "Not at this time" I don't really trust that eBay seller if no one else can do this.

mastersilkk21

Mar 21, 2020
I saw that but not ready to spend 175 and reviews are spotty. I sent emails to at least 5 unlocking company's that slist they support unlock the on all Sprint Samsung phones and they all said "Not at this time" I don't really trust that eBay seller if no one else can do this.

He is very expensive but does unlocked the device. like i said he unlock my and is working with att now

Reactions: Mike02z

mastersilkk21

Mar 21, 2020
He got connected right away pulled down the firmware, had me go into download mode got into my phone then said he will get back to me. Was this your experience? About how long did it take for him to get back to you?

It took him about 4 hrs to get the unlocked done has he grab the file. he will download some larges files (2) then once those files are done it will take him about 40 minutes to get the device unlocked. Please let me know how it when for you

mastersilkk21

Mar 21, 2020
He got connected right away pulled down the firmware, had me go into download mode got into my phone then said he will get back to me. Was this your experience? About how long did it take for him to get back to you?

any updates? just curious if he was able to unlock yours like my

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Reactions: Mike02z

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes. He was able to unlock my Z Flip. He probably spent 6 hours over 24 but its now up and working fine on VZW. I watched him and he did do a ton of stuff to get it working.

Thanks for your help!

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
mandy-2254 is the user on eBay. Helped me Sunday and a good part of Monday. Highly recommended. If you need to move your Flip off Sprint, and the HORRIBLE Sprint network and your UICC locked and SIM unlock its 175 right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ebay will unlocked for you I had the same issue and unlocked my and now using it with AT&T

He is very expensive but does unlocked the device. like i said he unlock my and is working with att now

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------