Issues about the source code delivery to the client

Search This thread

ajinkya_w

May 5, 2015
I am an Android developer, Usually i take the projects from companies who doesn't have the android developers ( they outsource me the android development part).

I have a company which is registered legally and under that company i do all the agreements and receive the payments. The company is India based.

I just have few questions to be cleared out while working in this field.

1. There are a lot of clients who outsourced me the android app development part , and every time asked me to handover the source code which i did every time , but the client did not come back to me for further development of the project , Though the kind of development quality i have given to them was Reliable and Robust. Hence my question is shall i charge them more for the source code , if yes then what is the percentage amount shall i charge for the source code according to the project value.

2. How can i encrypt or hide or prevent re-usability of the code i have written , before handing over to the client, so that the next developer wont be able to make the changes and i will be the only person to work with the code and deliver the robustness to the build.

After googling a lot on this i found many things which are really confusing and answering different suggestions. Hence expecting a better answer here.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone