Issues after rooting.

Search This thread

SenpaiRest

Apr 24, 2021
So I just recently rooted my oneplus and for some reason everytime my phone turns off or restarts all my games's obb gets deleted or something,like it starts downloading obb by itself when I go in,the picture as an example of what happens ,help please :(.
Screenshot_20210424-125004.jpg

wfred

Mar 15, 2014
Upstate, NY
Sorry about the delay. Does this happen with every game?
Did you check to see if the obb file is being installed to the correct folder? Is the obb file surviving reboot, but the game doesn't see it? Does the obb version you are using match the game version?
If the obb & game are out of sync you may need to do a full uninstall/download/reinstall

SenpaiRest

Apr 24, 2021
Sorry about the delay. Does this happen with every game?
Did you check to see if the obb file is being installed to the correct folder? Is the obb file surviving reboot, but the game doesn't see it? Does the obb version you are using match the game version?
If the obb & game are out of sync you may need to do a full uninstall/download/reinstall
I checked all,reinstalled and all, basically everytime I reboot the phone all the game's obb files gets deleted

wfred

Mar 15, 2014
Upstate, NY
Probably not relevant, but have you hidden Magisk and used hide on the game and Google play?

Which game? A11 changed some permissions on the obb folder is this have being installed from an “official” (Google play store, developer) source?

What happens if you clear game's cache & data (no reboot), do you have to redownload the obb?

Are the obb files and/or obb folder surviving reboot? Use a file explorer to see if those are there both before & after reboot.
Have you tried deleting the entire android/obb folder and letting a reinstall rebuild it?

Try installing a new & different game with an obb and see if the same thing happens.