Issues after successfully sideloading Lollipop in N4

Search This thread

Forgotten555

Jul 21, 2008
Safwa
I was able to sideload Lollipop OTA in my N4 and its running fine but I am having some annoying things

First, I am getting this constantly annoying notification that says "An application requires update". When I press it, I get the page of Google Play Services in the play store and it says that its updated. How can I get rid of this notification?

Second, I cannot use the face unlock feature. Its not there at all. I saw on the web that it was moved to the smart lock option but I don't see it in the Security tab of the settings. Either the feature was removed from N4 or the system update was not a success.
Did this happen to you?

Third, with all the fuss that Lollipop should be more battery saving system, I find it that it drains the battery really fast.

Those were some annoying issue from Day 01 of Lollipop!

venu123

Mar 6, 2013
I was able to sideload Lollipop OTA in my N4 and its running fine but I am having some annoying things

First, I am getting this constantly annoying notification that says "An application requires update". When I press it, I get the page of Google Play Services in the play store and it says that its updated. How can I get rid of this notification?

Second, I cannot use the face unlock feature. Its not there at all. I saw on the web that it was moved to the smart lock option but I don't see it in the Security tab of the settings. Either the feature was removed from N4 or the system update was not a success.
Did this happen to you?

Third, with all the fuss that Lollipop should be more battery saving system, I find it that it drains the battery really fast.

I've had this annoying update notification from Google Play Services on a Nexus 5, though not on a nexus 4. This happened after I downloaded and installed the latest apk of play services from apkmirror. The problem was resolved after updating to the next version when it became available again from apkmirror. So try updating and if no update is available, try installing the stock version.

Reactions: Forgotten555

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did this happen to you?

I've had this annoying update notification from Google Play Services on a Nexus 5, though not on a nexus 4. This happened after I downloaded and installed the latest apk of play services from apkmirror. The problem was resolved after updating to the next version when it became available again from apkmirror. So try updating and if no update is available, try installing the stock version.