• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Issues (and fixes) you have found in Xperia Z3 Compact

Search This thread

punkyd

Oct 13, 2014
It´s hard for me to belive that there are devices without the krackling display:

here is a video taken with my z1 compact from my 4th z3 compact - you can hear a sound right after pressing the panel.

I´m so unhappy. It´s not a problem in function but this is anoying!

Mine dose the same but not so loud,try to push the panel and then the back,you would see that the back its doing that not the panel(at least mine its like that).

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
Songinformation are not transferred via BT

So bluetooth audio is working in my car, but it's not passing the song track/artist/album info to the headunit. It works fine with my Nexus5, anyone else tried this? It actually shows the info for the first song that's playing when I start up the car, but it won't change the track info when the song changes.

I can confirm this behaviour. I tested it on my way to work with my older phone with different Apps and different ROMs. All did their job transmitting all neede information to the cars BT radio. So what exactly is the problem ? So i would state that it is a problem of SONY's BT implementation...

Anyone with the same problem or maybe with a solution ? (Report in Sony forum)

Maybe this App could help ??? -> BT-Media fix

Cheers

Rhonin

Last edited:

haruh

Nov 5, 2012
Screen casting to Chromecast

I tried the built in screen mirroring to Chromecast function the other day. I was amazed at how easy this was and the perfomance it showed. I used it to play Spotify, which worked fine even after screen was turned off (which makes the TV go dark accordingly). However, after a while the streaming of audio stopped, video mirroring still working fine. To get back audio streaming I had to reconnect to the Chromecast. This happened pretty frequently, maybe giving time to play 3 or 4 songs before having to reconnect.

Last edited:

Foxhunter123

Jan 21, 2008
Micro-sdcard detaches by it self but is still correct placed in phone...

Two times I have experienced that my Z3C says there is not a sd-card in the phone and when I look in my eg musicfolder nothing is there.
If I then open the hatch to the sd-card it is sitting there just fine?

Both times I just pressed the card in so it jumps out and pressed it back again and everything was fine again - but still???

adamk7

Feb 20, 2013
I'm a little worried about screen rigidity. After reading the other post about pressing the screen and seeing a rainbow and then seeing a YouTube video about a popping sound when you press on the screen. Hope Sony didn't go cheap here. Everything else I like about the phone. I have yet to take delivery of mine

Do you have a link to the video? Im having a similar problem, its making a clicking sound

Po0yAn

Mar 16, 2010
Do you have a link to the video? Im having a similar problem, its making a clicking sound
There are lots of reports and videos about screen's colorshifts while pressing certain parts hard enough, notebookcheck also mentions the issue in its review (Although gave the device 91 score which is the second best score it ever gave to a smartphone model). I hope the newer batches have better QC. The issues mentioned in the first post are enough widespread to be accepted without the need for any further proof.

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
I need to press the screen on mine pretty damn hard before I see any kind color shift or rippling. This shouldn't even be considered an issue, it's an lcd and all lcd's do that when there is pressure on the panel. The glass is thin and somewhat flexible so I don't know why people are surprised to see some color shifts and ripples when pressing down hard.

adamk7

Feb 20, 2013
I tried the built in screen mirroring to Chromecast function the other day. I was amazed at how easy this was and the perfomance it showed. I used it to play Spotify, which worked fine even after screen was turned off (which makes the TV go dark accordingly). However, after a while the streaming of audio stopped, video mirroring still working fine. To get back audio streaming I had to reconnect to the Chromecast. This happened pretty frequently, maybe giving time to play 3 or 4 songs before having to reconnect.

I get this too but it's consistent between multiple devices, so I'm pretty sure it's an issue on chromecast's device or app side. Try reddit.com/r/chromecast

Reactions: haruh

ip3fix

Jul 22, 2009
Mons
www.hattrick.org
Has anyone tried to make WiFi geolocation work? I'm not sure of the English name of the feature, so basically I'm just talking about the feature that activates WiFi automatically when you're near a familiar WiFi network. It's been enabled since the beginning on my Z3c but still, WiFi does not turn on when I'm coming back home. Is there anything particular to do to make it work?

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Has anyone tried to make WiFi geolocation work? I'm not sure of the English name of the feature, so basically I'm just talking about the feature that activates WiFi automatically when you're near a familiar WiFi network. It's been enabled since the beginning on my Z3c but still, WiFi does not turn on when I'm coming back home. Is there anything particular to do to make it work?

It works well here. Haven't done anything special other than enabling the feature.

boojay

Oct 15, 2010
It's not working that well for me so I just disabled it. Not sure how much it would help with battery life, but as it stands, I'm already getting excellent SOT with Wi-Fi always enabled so I'm not too torn up about it. Besides, if you enable Stamina Mode it's almost effective as turning off Wi-Fi when your screen is off.

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
I see some horizontal stripes on the screen when looking at it pretty close and at big angle. Does anyone have the same issue? Nothing annoying but its never had this issue before on other devices.

Send from Xperia Z3 Compact

tomas_v

Jul 7, 2007
I myself have been very impressed with the glass on my Xperia Acro S, I've had it for about a year and a half now, never used a screen protector or case and I work as a landscaper so the phone has been in my pocket unprotected along with sand, dust and other debris and it only has one very small scratch which is quite difficult to notice, and maybe a dozen of even harder to notice micro scratches. I've also dropped the phone several times on very hard floors and it there are only a few rough spots on the chrome-like rim. But the display glass still looks like new, unless you hold it directly under a very strong light right after thoroughly cleaning the glass. It has dragontrail glass I think. Though the glass sits slightly deeper than the frame, which helps. I think with the Z3C, the glass is level with or ever so slightly raised above the frame.

I have to oppose to that. I had (still have it) Acro S. The screen is terrible. I didnt use screen protector, cause i thought it will be something like Gorilla glass. It go tiny scratches in few months, and I have kept phone in a clean pocket.
So it got scratches from basically normal use. And I had Motorola Defy that had a proper Gorilla glass. That thing was amazing. It was in a pocket wit screws, bits of aluminum, dirt. Not a scratch. I was so disappointed in Acro S.
Plus, camera lens got scratched too. Blury photos. That the only reason I bought new phone. And I bought Z3 compact only cause of its size and specs and water proofing. Ordered Nillkin Amazing H+ protector for back and front. Not taking any chances this time.

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
I have to oppose to that. I had (still have it) Acro S. The screen is terrible. I didnt use screen protector, cause i thought it will be something like Gorilla glass. It go tiny scratches in few months, and I have kept phone in a clean pocket.
So it got scratches from basically normal use. And I had Motorola Defy that had a proper Gorilla glass. That thing was amazing. It was in a pocket wit screws, bits of aluminum, dirt. Not a scratch. I was so disappointed in Acro S.
Plus, camera lens got scratched too. Blury photos. That the only reason I bought new phone. And I bought Z3 compact only cause of its size and specs and water proofing. Ordered Nillkin Amazing H+ protector for back and front. Not taking any chances this time.

Xperia Acro S has a factory-applied screen protector that scratches easily, you can peel that off and the screen will be like new.

Puzzlegal

Nov 1, 2011
It's not working that well for me so I just disabled it. Not sure how much it would help with battery life, but as it stands, I'm already getting excellent SOT with Wi-Fi always enabled so I'm not too torn up about it. Besides, if you enable Stamina Mode it's almost effective as turning off Wi-Fi when your screen is off.
Doesn't seem to work for me, either.

getdunexpected

Apr 6, 2013
I see some horizontal stripes on the screen when looking at it pretty close and at big angle. Does anyone have the same issue? Nothing annoying but its never had this issue before on other devices.

Send from Xperia Z3 Compact

Same here.. First I thought it was the screen protector but I don't think that's the case.
Kinda tryin to ignore it, strange thing nonetheless!

Top Liked Posts