Issues (and fixes) you have found in Xperia Z3 Compact

fijasko

Mar 17, 2012
anybody facing "sudden death" issue ?

my fone has been lying on table since 3 days ... it boots after it gets fully discharge and plugging it to charger .... boots ... & becomes dead again, no response to any key or combination of keys (tried hard reset and force power off button under the sim flap)

if anybody has a solution then please share !

refer this
I had the same problem after 8 months of using the phone without a hitch.
It's a motherboard issue.
I was able to revive it and do a repair with PC Companion, and after 20 days or so, it happened again. I sold it because it was not under the warranty any more.
I bought another Z3C, but now I think I made a mistake, because, judging from the sony forum thread, the sudden death is inevitable at some point.
The longer you have the phone, the greater the chances of sudden death.
Maybe it has something to do with the manufacturing date. Mine was from week 38, 2014.

rsk_kelkar

Jun 3, 2011
Goa
I just found another issue with my Z3C on latest stock firmware. When I disable a certain system app (e.g. gmail) it disappears from the app drawer which is perfectly fine. The issue is when I re-enable the app it still wont appear in the app drawer which is really strange. It doesn't come in app drawer even after rebooting the phone nor am I able to install that app from play store.

Somebody might want to try this out.

vikingsail

Aug 9, 2012
Anyone facing sudden battery drop? Get from 15 to 11% in half minute. Dont know what happens, it occours with all roms
Me too this happens to me between 9% to 5% .

---------- Post added at 03:06 ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 ----------

I had the same problem after 8 months of using the phone without a hitch.
It's a motherboard issue.
I was able to revive it and do a repair with PC Companion, and after 20 days or so, it happened again. I sold it because it was not under the warranty any more.
I bought another Z3C, but now I think I made a mistake, because, judging from the sony forum thread, the sudden death is inevitable at some point.
The longer you have the phone, the greater the chances of sudden death.
Maybe it has something to do with the manufacturing date. Mine was from week 38, 2014.
Too bad! I never heard of this issue. But if it's true I feel like holding a ticking bomb.

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
my magnetic port is broken, will have to take the phone to assistance :( if I connect the magnector to the magnetic port, it doesn't charge, and disconnecting the magnector the magnetic port comes out of its place :(

boojay

Oct 15, 2010
Anyone facing sudden battery drop? Get from 15 to 11% in half minute. Dont know what happens, it occours with all roms
Happens to me too, regardless of rom. The drop occurs from 20 to 9 within minutes, but conversely, I've noticed my phone stays on 75% for a while sometimes, and the drop after 7% is pretty slow.

Swyped from my Z3C

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
my magnetic port is broken, will have to take the phone to assistance :( if I connect the magnector to the magnetic port, it doesn't charge, and disconnecting the magnector the magnetic port comes out of its place :(
The magnector on my Z2T pulls out with the connector (typically, I give it a twist up, which will disconnect without extracting the internal connector). But, when in, it still charges. I assume my biggest problem is that the IP58 rating is gone.

Reactions: FcukBloat

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
The magnector on my Z2T pulls out with the connector (typically, I give it a twist up, which will disconnect without extracting the internal connector). But, when in, it still charges. I assume my biggest problem is that the IP58 rating is gone.
yes now that i know will do the same once i get it repaired.. no point in keeping it as it is now as it is still in warranty so better get it repaired.. :)

lightvu

Dec 10, 2015
yes now that i know will do the same once i get it repaired.. no point in keeping it as it is now as it is still in warranty so better get it repaired.. :)
I'm having the same issue with my mag port as well...it's starting to wiggle a bit...don't know if its caused by the mag connector being too strong but its a bit concerning...i currently have this connector: http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/accessories/magtrons-magnector-x202-cable-adapter-t2919541

Is it worth it to invest in a different connector if i'm concerned about the mag port?

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
i have the second generation of that connector, so must be very similar. yes i think it is a little strong, btw after replacing the magport will continue using it, just taking care when disconnecting the connector to don't pull it away straight, but rotating it a bit to avoid stressing to much again the magport possibly.. will see.. in my opinion if your magport is starting to get loose, it'll completely come out sooner or later if you don't take a lot of attention ;)

Reactions: CAL7

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
i have the second generation of that connector, so must be very similar. yes i think it is a little strong, btw after replacing the magport will continue using it, just taking care when disconnecting the connector to don't pull it away straight, but rotating it a bit to avoid stressing to much again the magport possibly.. will see.. in my opinion if your magport is starting to get loose, it'll completely come out sooner or later if you don't take a lot of attention ;)
First generation here and no problem so far ;)

Yeah, rotating before pulling the connector off is a good habit :good:

Reactions: FcukBloat

AM Radio

Jul 20, 2011
NR13-ROMEO-03
issue: after one year of ownership, the hard plastic panel that holds the magnetic charger suddenly started to have a bit of give when pressed on the top end.

fix: slightest sliver of Krazy Glue

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
issue: after one year of ownership, the hard plastic panel that holds the magnetic charger suddenly started to have a bit of give when pressed on the top end.

fix: slightest sliver of Krazy Glue
I need to do something like this, but I'm not sure I understand your approach. For clarification, please:

Is the "hard plastic panel" the black piece, about 3/4" tall, that has the two charging connectors and is located on the left side?

If that's what we're talking about, mine comes out all the way with very little effort. It has two blade connectors on the inside. I would make sure to not let any glue interfere with the contacts, but my plan is to dab a bit of glue into the interior of the plastic piece to secure it against the magnector pulling it out. Any pitfalls to guard against? (Mine is out of warranty.)

Any - informed or uninformed - opinion on whether the device would be water-resistant (to the same extent that Sony claims fresh from the factory) after doing this?

AM Radio

Jul 20, 2011
NR13-ROMEO-03
Is the "hard plastic panel" the black piece, about 3/4" tall, that has the two charging connectors and is located on the left side?"
i have the white variant, so all my panels/flaps are opaque plastic. the one in question is the middle panel, which is about 4cm in height, with the magnetic charging port, and located right below the MicroSD flap on the left side.

it sounds like you have a much more serious problem that i did. for me, it just felt that the panel had some give. for example, whenever i would hold the phone in one hand and press the power button with my index finger, my thumb would rest on this panel and it would feel "soft." never had an issue with actual charging port or connectors.

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
Well, here's a new one (at least to me): the digitizer has a dead area. It's a vertical stripe, from top to bottom, about 1 cm wide in about 1 cm from the left edge. Within this rectangle, no screen touch is recognized. I tested using the *#*#SERVICE#*#* menu for the screen test. Swiping horizontally, the dead stripe or column just skips; strangely, if I swipe vertically within the dead rectangle it senses a double press on the outer edges and I get two parallel lines on either side of my finger path.

If it helps visualize, I first noticed the problem when I pressed the normal keyboard "x" and it gave me "zc".

I'm 14 months since purchase, but I have a 24-month Sony warranty that I'm about to find out if it has any value.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone