• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Issues] Camera Overheating and Stop working!

Search This thread

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Hey Guys, How are you today?

I am angry as hell, again!

I find another problem with the Z1, I can't believe it. The first one is Touch Screen now If you using the camera continuously for 3, 4 minutes the camera crash and stop working.

I think we all have this problem but not everybody know about that. So make this test like me.

First effect of camera overheating: Before use the camera run Quadrant or AnTuTu Benchmark, with Quadrant you will get around 21600, Antutu 33800. Run the camera and start making pictures with 20mpx for 1 minute, make a pictures with any option. If you are luck the camera will keep going but after that run the Benchmarks again.
After using the Camera you will get around 17000 with Quadrant and 29000 with AnTuTu. 5000 points each less after using the camera.

The real problem is if you will using the camera for 3 minutes, for example you are in holiday and want make pictures, for sure this will take some minutes, the camera will crash.

This is normal for you? I think is something wrong.. :mad:

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
I filmed a 15 minute show at 1080p with no issue, the issue is with your device,it is not something that affects all z1's

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

benziii

Mar 4, 2010
Lillestrøm
Get a replacement, or get another smartphone altogether.

Now hear me out!

Your are inducing this.
The phone is sealed and armed with the latest chipset.
Suprised it gets hot?
I'm happy it lets you know, so the camera doesn't take damage.
It's a pointless test

You seem like you maybe would be happy with something else?

Is this something you face often (like just gaming a few minutes and then switching to camera), and other combinations which you do not intentionally set off?

If all the other symptoms you are reporting all over the forum are not very overplayed, and indeed crippling your device, the outfall is the same, no?

Get a replacement or try differently!

I've taken recordings lasting over ten minutes and used way longer fiddeling with the camera app going, and not a single crash to date.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Get a replacement, or get another smartphone...bla bla bla
....bla bla bla longer fiddeling with the camera app going, and not a single crash to date.

My friend, I just reporting the issue which people have the right to know. Everybody know if you don't want any problem get an iPhone.
Am I the unlucky here with this phone? Fine, that 's why I am here, I am here for help and share.
You are here only to complain about what people saying.
I am only disappointed and I don't want to give up on this High-End Phone but you don't help me even a bit.

Someone probably will be worry if the phone get hot, have issue or the camera will crash in some circumstances, so to understand that your are free to test the phone, like I do, to understand how use it with any option.

Am I wrong?

benziii

Mar 4, 2010
Lillestrøm
My friend, I just reporting the issue which people have the right to know. Everybody know if you don't want any problem get an iPhone.
Am I the unlucky here with this phone? Fine, that 's why I am here, I am here for help and share.
You are here only to complain about what people saying.
I am only disappointed and I don't want to give up on this High-End Phone but you don't help me even a bit.

Someone probably will be worry if the phone get hot, have issue or the camera will crash in some circumstances, so to understand that your are free to test the phone, like I do, to understand how use it with any option.

Am I wrong?

You are perfectly allowed to do whatever you want with it, as you bought it, it is yours to meddle with :)

It is however when you start to post your uncertain findings and experiences as almost facts, that it becomes misleading.
This could hardly help people who are already confused about buying this phone.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
It is however when you start to post your uncertain findings and experiences as almost facts, that it becomes misleading.
This could hardly help people who are already confused about buying this phone.

On XDA with any device this will be a problem . You know why we are here for. We are here to solve issues, so if somebody want to buy a device should not come in Q&A, Hepl & Troubleshooting, right?

I believe in the potential of XDA, like all the time, so if you don't want people be confused and misleading, help me or tell me is not a problem my camera.

benziii

Mar 4, 2010
Lillestrøm
On XDA with any device this will be a problem . You know why we are here for. We are here to solve issues, so if somebody want to buy a device should not come in Q&A, Hepl & Troubleshooting, right?

I believe in the potential of XDA, like all the time, so if you don't want people be confused and misleading, help me or tell me is not a problem my camera.
I do think it is important to shed light on all the issues and let the public get the full picture.
I'm on my second sony phone now (Didn't really fancy anything sonyericsson made) and wouldn't consider myself a fanboy.
My next device could be anything. RIght now however, I personally don't like the alternatives

If a problem gets mentioned alot, it is better to bump old threads, than make new ones all the time.
Just for the sake of consistency. Helps more when trying to gauge if an issue is widespread, instead of it being scattered all over.

I do not wish to drag this further, as my intention is not to be mean to you.
Also I am swaying off topic and sidetracking your thread.

deathbringer

Feb 8, 2005
I have taken more than 1000+ photos with my Z1 (The Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB MicroSDXC is amazing), and I have yet to see it crash. *touch wood*

Yes, it gets hot after a while, but I've once taken 200+ photos for an event without shutting off the camera app or resetting the phone to cool it down, so it was on for nearly an hour but it never crashed and the battery held up fine, though I look funny in a sea of ppl with their fancy DSLRs.

So I assume you got a faulty phone and should get it replaced.

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
no probs here, can use the camera all day long and never crashes, is it possible you have many apps running in the background/.

LahiruRD

Sep 3, 2010
It's not the camera. It happens due to heat. So to cooldown the processor, it will down clocked automatically. For example, If you run few benchmarks & then you start the camera, after a while you will get an error message from the camera. I had that problem. Benchmarks will stress the processor & GPU 100%. :)

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
It's not the camera. It happens due to heat. So to cooldown the processor, it will down clocked automatically. For example, If you run few benchmarks & then you start the camera, after a while you will get an error message from the camera. I had that problem. Benchmarks will stress the processor & GPU 100%. :)

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

I was imagine that but I get the error when I was outdoor making pictures. That day I didn't run any benchmarks. Is not the camera, ok, is due to heat. Just worry why my phone get heat and get error just using the camera.