• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Issues getting root back after Android 11 Update OP6

Search This thread

vkass

Jan 8, 2011
I'm out of ideas. I followed your guide exactly.
Flashed 11.1.1.1 OTA.zip
The log said "installing to inactive slot _b, reboot recovery to flash more zips"

I wiped dalvik,
I rebooted into recovery slot b (I didnt boot into system)
I installed magisk 23.0 APK renamed to zip. It installed into slot b.
I did not wipe dalvik.
I rebooted into system.
I still get a stuck boot (OnePlus circles rotating)

Bonus: after "fastboot flash boot stock_boot.img" it boots fine (but no root)
I never installed TWRP, just "fastboot boot TWRP"

I understand nothing
Really strange..
Last thing I can think of other than a clean start is to flash magisk uninstall.zip, maybe there's leftovers from broken module or something.
It's a long shot but worth a shot, other than that sorry I have no idea what's wrong here.

Reactions: UraniumDonut

The Apostle

I've been busy and not had time to read much and update my phone. Is the old method just completely broke? For every update I have used the exact same method with ZERO issues. Is the below totally borked?
  1. Boot to TWRP
  2. Nandroid
  3. Wipe Cache/ Dalvik
  4. Flash full OOS zip
  5. Flash TWRP
  6. Reboot to recovery
  7. Flash Magisk
  8. Wipe Cache/ Dalvik
  9. Reboot to system

UraniumDonut

Oct 6, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
OnePlus 6
I've been busy and not had time to read much and update my phone. Is the old method just completely broke? For every update I have used the exact same method with ZERO issues. Is the below totally borked?
  1. Boot to TWRP
  2. Nandroid
  3. Wipe Cache/ Dalvik
  4. Flash full OOS zip
  5. Flash TWRP
  6. Reboot to recovery
  7. Flash Magisk
  8. Wipe Cache/ Dalvik
  9. Reboot to system
This works, if you get a bootloop, repeat and add "flash magisk uninstaller.zip" between step 6 and 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've also tried fastboot boot twrp with a variety of versions of twrp after upgrading to 11.1.1.1 but with no success.

If someone could recommend a verified way to root a op6 with 11.1.1.1 I'd appreciate it 👍
    I've also tried fastboot boot twrp with a variety of versions of twrp after upgrading to 11.1.1.1 but with no success.

If someone could recommend a verified way to root a op6 with 11.1.1.1 I'd appreciate it 👍
    twrp actually works, but after flashing magisk or flashing a magisk boot.img it breaks. I have a working version here

Ping me if you get magisk working
    I can confirm the TWRP-3.5.2-enchilada-Nebrassy-2.img run on my OP6 without any issue and allowed my to install the latest magisk, giving me a fully functioning root for my 11.1.1.1 ROM. Thanks for the help ☺️👍
    I downloaded the full 11.1.1.1 ROM as I was upgrading from a previous rooted 10.3.x version. I placed this file in the phones root directory and use the "local upgrade" feature.

When that completed I rebooted the phone a few times just to make sure everything was working as expected. I usually waited 1-2 minutes before rebooting every time.

Next I placed the latest magisk version file into the root of the phone rebooted into the bootloader and performed fastboot boot TWRP-3.5.2-enchilada-Nebrassy-2.img which booted into the TWRP as expected. Then I installed the magisk.zip and rebooted the phone into a nice newly rooted magisk environment. Tbh I didn't wait anymore 10-20 seconds to reboot after installing magisk while in TWRP.

I hope that's helpful for you 😎