Issues since January patches

Search This thread

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
1) image search in Google won't let you go to original image or go to webpage. Same search in chrome works fine

2) Clicking on links in Slickdeals causes the app to crash.

Is anyone experiencing this? Is there any issues you guys would like to confirm as well?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
1) image search in Google won't let you go to original image or go to webpage. Same search in chrome works fine

Is anyone experiencing this? Is there any issues you guys would like to confirm as well?

I tried the image search and I can open the original image and go to the website without issue. I installed the Slick Deals app and clicking on links also works fine.

Reactions: biggiestuff

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
I tried the image search and I can open the original image and go to the website without issue. I installed the Slick Deals app and clicking on links also works fine.
Thanks. Something must have gotten jacked up for me. The first issue having a Verizon bootloader locked phone has just come to fruition. I can't just flash the system to bring things back without wiping.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Thanks. Something must have gotten jacked up for me. The first issue having a Verizon bootloader locked phone has just come to fruition. I can't just flash the system to bring things back without wiping.

I'm also on VZW but with an unlocked bootloader. You can flash the system with fastboot or flash the whole thing with the -w removed from the .bat file and it won't wipe anything.

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
I'm also on VZW but with an unlocked bootloader. You can flash the system with fastboot or flash the whole thing with the -w removed from the .bat file and it won't wipe anything.
Unfortunately I'm locked. I thought this time around I wouldn't need an unlocked bootloader.

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
I left the google beta and went back to stable google and my issues with the "visit webpage" and "view original image" are gone. I'm still working on that slickdeals app link issue.

EDIT: I take that back. the factory version of Google works just fine but when I update (non-beta) it still happens.

Last edited:

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Okay, I give up. works perfectly in Safe mode. I've tried uninstalling nearly every app on my phone to see which one is causing it. I might as well factory reset.

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
I finally uninstalled enough apps. I think it's related to possibly one of the Daydream apps. I'm going to slowly start reinstalling them but I'm back to normal on everything now

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Im almost certain its from after the patch. I use the app multiple times a day and didnt have this issue before the 3rd.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Mine was doing that as well while I was troubleshooting. In safe mode it and fine. Try that. If it works in safe mode then start uninstalling apps like I did. Still scared to install daydream apps as I think that was the cause of my issue.

bitbitbit

Jul 27, 2010
After the update, I randomly get rather loud static noise (just like when a TV is seeking a channel) coming from my headphones even if nothing is playing. Once it starts, it can't be stopped until I reboot the phone.

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL

While you can't use the fastboot images you can use the full OTA images.

Download current file from:
https://developers.google.com/android/ota

Boot device into recovery
Select sideload from adb
adb sideload <updatefile>

This basically the same as the full factory image but does not require an unlocked bootloader and does NOT wipe your device.

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009

Select sideload from adb

This basically the same as the full factory image but does not require an unlocked bootloader and does NOT wipe your device.
That's a good thought. If the OTA is small would it contain the system.img to restore it from scratch?

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
That's a good thought. If the OTA is small would it contain the system.img to restore it from scratch?

These are not traditional 50 meg OTA files. They're in the 500 meg to 1 gig range. They're full images. Period. This is the reason they were created. To flash a complete image to a locked device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Select sideload from adb

These are not traditional 50 meg OTA files. They're in the 500 meg to 1 gig range. They're full images. Period. This is the reason they were created. To flash a complete image to a locked device.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone