• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Issues with Google Play Service & Youtube app update on Creed v4 ROM

Search This thread

magiuster

Mar 8, 2013
you need to copy all the files present in gapps , except Google talk which is not compulsory
also remove playstore present in creed v4 and just copy the vending from gapps
don't rename anything
Edit : i don't know if this might be the cause of the problem , but system apps do not have spaces in their names , So your "Play Store.apk" name could have caused the problem please check that out :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

use these gapps , these are the latest ones I found
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2302511

[UPDATE]Latest Gapps For Gingerbread 2.3[30/05/13]
the thread is there in our apps and theme section

Hi soham jambhekar,
thank you very much for helping me and for the latest gapps!
If I substitute files in Creed v4 with gapps ones, will there no issues with manifest or other files? I make reference to Creed v4 manifest, which contains all rom apks while gapps manifest some Google apks.
Thank you for replying to me.
Regards.

Magiuster
fragola-ico.png

PS I did not rename vending.apk in Play Store.apk, but in PlayStore.apk (as named in Creed v4)...

Last edited:

SohamJ

Dec 26, 2011
New Brunswick
Hi soham jambhekar,
thank you very much for helping me and for the latest gapps!
If I substitute files in Creed v4 with gapps ones, will there no issues with manifest or other files? I make reference to Creed v4 manifest, which contains all rom apks while gapps manifest some Google apks.
Regards.

Magiuster
fragola-ico.png

PS I did not rename vending.apk in Play Store.apk, but in PlayStore.apk (as named in Creed v4)...

I didn't completely get you ... what do you mean by Manifest , are you talking about Meta-inf?
Just replace the apk's from the gapps zip and copy in the creed rom zip
dont change any names . Replace all gapps
repack the creed rom zip
and flash it .

Reactions: magiuster

magiuster

Mar 8, 2013
I didn't completely get you ... what do you mean by Manifest , are you talking about Meta-inf?
Just replace the apk's from the gapps zip and copy in the creed rom zip
dont change any names . Replace all gapps
repack the creed rom zip
and flash it .

I am sorry. I try to explain...
I mean MANIFEST.MF file placed in META-INF. Creed v4 manifest file contains all apks placed in system/app and it's different from gapps pack manifest, which contains only Google apks.
Thus, I have to extract gapps pack and Creed v4 rom, copy all gapps pack files and folders and paste them in Creed v4 rom (deleting Creed v4 PlayStore apk if the same file is named vending or other name within gapps pack). Finally, I have to zip the modified Creed v4 rom and flash it.
Regards.

Magiuster
fragola-ico.png

SohamJ

Dec 26, 2011
New Brunswick
oh okay ! yeah check the names correctly ..
or else you can just remove playstore.apk from.creed flash re rom and then copy vending apk to system/app and give rw r r permission
see which way works out best :thumbup:

Reactions: magiuster

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah that is the problem with creed rom
    the system apps are signed due to which when you update them via playstore it says signed incorrectly

you will have to delete the application from system and then download it freshly
    you can also push the respective apks in system/app and change permission to rw-r-r and reboot phone

you can download the play store apk from our apps and theme section there is a post by mahendran
    then you can uninstall YouTube and play apps from your system
    push the play apk in system set permission
    after setting play store up you can download YouTube from playstore

yeah that is the problem with creed rom
    the system apps are signed due to which when you update them via playstore it says signed incorrectly

you will have to delete the application from system and then download it freshly
    you can also push the respective apks in system/app and change permission to rw-r-r and reboot phone

Hi soham jambhekar, thank you for information you gave me!
    Thus, to resolve these issues should I delete default Play and Youtube apps and install them via Play?
    In this way, won't notifications appear again?
    Regards.

Magiuster
    fragola-ico.png
    Hi soham jambhekar,
    I uninstalled Youtube app and I installed it again via Play. This issue seems to be solved!
    Contrary, Play app can not be uninstalled and this issue is still alive! Is there any solution to solve it?
    Regards.

Magiuster
    fragola-ico.png

Play needs to be unistalled using link2sd/titanium backup/root explorer (or similar apps)
    Using root explorer goto system/app
    Delete the playstore/market/vending or whatever name the playstore is saved in.
    Then copy the new playstore into the same folder
    Now long press and set permissions RW-R-R
    Reboot.
    If this is not working , I suggest you download latest gapps package
    extract gapps zip
    extract creed rom zip
    copy the files of gapps in system/app of creeds rom
    this will replace the older gapps files present in the rom
    compress back the creed rom
    and flash again

just backup your apps and data so that you can restore it again