• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Issues with OTA update

Search This thread

cealchylle

Mar 27, 2020
Hi, I'm trying to update my phone to the latest version. It is rooted with Magisk and hasn't been updated at all since I got it a year and a half ago. The methods I have found so far for updating with root are not working. Every time I try to open System Updates in my Settings, it force closes on me so I can't access it.

Is there a work around for this? I have tried using Oxygen Updater and that failed also. Can I manually install the OTA update and preserve root somehow?

cealchylle

Mar 27, 2020
Please help, I haven't found any solutions. I got an error 1 using TWRP, which seems to mean that my boot.img is corrupt?

cealchylle

Mar 27, 2020
I managed to solve this by doing a factory reset/data wipe, which was my last resort (and a huge pain to have to restore everything). I still don't know what caused the issue, although I have some suspicions.

But in case anyone else encounters this error, it is definitely not the boot.img and I had no problems retaining root.