Issues with restoring from Titanium Backup on Android 10?

ScaryBugThing

Jun 14, 2010
I just bought a OnePlus 7 Pro, and immediately updated to Android Q, unlocked, rooted and installed Titanium Backup to transfer over my old apps.

However, I cannot restore most apps. I just made the backup on my other phone and so assume there are no data corruption issues. When I try to batch or individually restore, it will hang at random apps (the majority of my apps), and require a full phone reboot to gain access to TB again. I've confirmed TB has permission to install from unknown sources. I've tried all of the different installation modes in Preferences, as well as batch and individual restore. Is this an issue because my TB app backups were created on an Android 9 phone, but 10 does not allow that? Has anyone else had this issue or have suggestions?

Edit: Solved, thanks for the Swift Backup recommendations! Worked great, worth the $6 for the pay edition to do batch backups/restores.

Last edited:

lottarake

Dec 14, 2010
Manchester
I had the same issue when I first moved to Android 10. I don't believe it is a 9 to 10 issue, just the way TB handles the apks and data. Any app on 10 backing up and restoring in TB has had issues for me. Only way around it is to install the apps that don't restore properly in TB from the Play Store, then go into TB and restore data. Since then I've moved to SwiftBackup, which has had zero issues on Android 10 and seems to work faster as well.

GeekMcLeod

Apr 27, 2012
Niagara Falls
I had the same issue when I first moved to Android 10. I don't believe it is a 9 to 10 issue, just the way TB handles the apks and data. Any app on 10 backing up and restoring in TB has had issues for me. Only way around it is to install the apps that don't restore properly in TB from the Play Store, then go into TB and restore data. Since then I've moved to SwiftBackup, which has had zero issues on Android 10 and seems to work faster as well.
I didn't even try TiBU, haven't actually used it in a while. But since getting my 7pro I've been using swift backup and love it. Looks way better and I haven't had any issues backing up or restoring.

ScaryBugThing

Jun 14, 2010
I didn't even try TiBU, haven't actually used it in a while. But since getting my 7pro I've been using swift backup and love it. Looks way better and I haven't had any issues backing up or restoring.
Thanks! I'll try Swift Backup and see if that fixes things.

Edit: Swift Backup indeed worked, and is also faster and easier to use than Titanium Backup. Thanks again!

Last edited:

S4rr4cino

Mar 15, 2008
I had the same issue. I fixed it by disabling "Verify apps over USB" in developer settings. Now it works great
Thank you very much friend, I have had this problem for a while and I was almost thinking of buying a Swift Backup license to solve the problem, but now thanks to your help I can say that I have solved the problem, I have done various tests with the option enabled and disabled and actually restore on one occasion freezes and blocks on the other, thanks again for the valuable information. Hello

------------------
Grazie mille amico, era da un po che avevo questo problema e stavo quasi pensando di acquistare una licenza di Swift Backup per risolvere il problema, ma ora grazie al tuo aiuto posso dire d'aver risolto il problema, ho fatto varie prove con l'opzione abilitata e disabilitata ed effettivamente il ripristino in un occasione si blocca e con l'altra si sblocca, grazie ancora per la preziosa informazione. Ciao

Reactions: galaxys

dadnammit

Jun 24, 2013
I had the same issue. I fixed it by disabling "Verify apps over USB" in developer settings. Now it works great
I disabled "Verify apps over USB" and it allowed my hanging restores to complete.
HOWEVER, the apps in question then crashed every time I tried to open them. So not truly a working solution. :(

Thaiban

Jul 20, 2018
This is the temporary solution, Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Stop using that app.. there are better options now like Swift Backup which is far superior .
Follow the steps

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

PriPhaze

Oct 3, 2014
Swift Backup needs 10 years worth of functionality to catch up to Ti.
Yea like what functionality?
Both apps are made to make back ups and restore what fuctionality does TI has over Swift backup?

I love when someone state something but wont show any proff of what they saying is actually true.

MJPollard

Sep 14, 2011
Wixom, Michigan
Twrp backups work fine i don't know why you would even use this terrible app to begin with it's way outdated...
Outdated in the UI, but not in the functionality. I still have yet to find any backup solution that's as powerful and flexible as TiBu (and that includes the much-vaunted Swift Backup).

"Just because something's old, it doesn't mean you throw it away."
-- Geordi LaForge, Star Trek: The Next Generation "Relics"

• Love
Reactions: NEO_CZ

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
Yea like what functionality?
Both apps are made to make back ups and restore what fuctionality does TI has over Swift backup?

I love when someone state something but wont show any proff of what they saying is actually true.
Before claiming one app is "far superior" than the other make sure you know what you're talking about. Swift backup doesn't even have 50% of the features that Ti does, it just looks better.

PriPhaze

Oct 3, 2014
Before claiming one app is "far superior" than the other make sure you know what you're talking about. Swift backup doesn't even have 50% of the features that Ti does, it just looks better.
Then again the same goes for you?
You claim TI is better than swift but don't even mention the so called features Ti have and Swift doesn't .