Issues with the battery life :(

Search This thread

shem2409

Feb 5, 2013
Hull
www.youtube.com
The battery on my 512Gb Exynos version is an absolute joke as well. Today I barely hit 4hrs SOT. I am seriously considering going back to my P30 Pro.

I will give Samsung a few more days to fix this with an update as I enjoy the phone otherwise (and already bought a few cases) but it's very disappointing

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
For sure, there is something wrong with the February updates. Battery on mobile data is draining so damn fast. Yesterday I was out driving on work. Barely used the phone during 8 hours. Lost 40%. That's insane.

They need to fix the modem firmware, or else I'll return it, as well!

syrinx75

Mar 1, 2021
I had a noticeable improvement of battery life: I've deactivated all the routines running when the screen is OFF (ex: detection when the phone moves, detection when the phone seats on his screen, etc...) All those are on the same page of settings.

So I am a long time Samsung user. I had the S20 plus and wanted to try the smaller S21. Only because of the trade in for the plus with Samsung. I have the S21 256gb unlocked snapdragon version. I just got the phone yesterday. Here is a copy of my battery life after getting my apps loaded. The battery life is almost 7 hours screen time which is all on WiFi. Mostly logging into my apps and cleaning up contacts and playing with the phone. After a few days I'm sure the battery life will get better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-111529_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-111529_Device care.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
So I am a long time Samsung user. I had the S20 plus and wanted to try the smaller S21. Only because of the trade in for the plus with Samsung. I have the S21 256gb unlocked snapdragon version. I just got the phone yesterday. Here is a copy of my battery life after getting my apps loaded. The battery life is almost 7 hours screen time which is all on WiFi. Mostly logging into my apps and cleaning up contacts and playing with the phone. After a few days I'm sure the battery life will get better.

I think battery life issues are mostly related to the Exynos model. I'm quite sure it's an issue with the modem firmware, since people are reporting battery life issues on LTE/4G

Reactions: naudmick

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
I installed this update today on my S21, but Samsung seems to have removed it from the ota servers. Weird I hope this doesn't hide a bug yet. Because available this morning and withdrawn this evening.

Ah okay.. Hmm.. How can you know that if you already updated? Did you see any improvement?

naudmick

Jan 26, 2012
Reims
forum.frandroid.com
I saw it with phone info, because after having updated the last firmware in OTA had returned to AUB8. But honestly yes a visible change. I charged 100% last night, this morning I am at 87% after 12:23 hours of use. And 1 hour of stupidity. 😉

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
I saw it with phone info, because after having updated the last firmware in OTA had returned to AUB8. But honestly yes a visible change. I charged 100% last night, this morning I am at 87% after 12:23 hours of use. And 1 hour of stupidity. 😉

That's really promising. What model do you have? Processor?

Reactions: naudmick

xdafly

Jul 3, 2010
Have no issues on two(2) phones directly from Samsung. Both have received a 690 mb size update within last week and both were wiped cache after setup and updates.

Disabled about 25 apps and services via ADB AppControl Extended version.

Both are charged up until about 85% battery and then disconnected and used heavily for work about 6 to 7 hours daily. In the morning, charge level is around 45% and charged until 85%.

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
Have no issues on two(2) phones directly from Samsung. Both have received a 690 mb size update within last week and both were wiped cache after setup and updates.

Disabled about 25 apps and services via ADB AppControl Extended version.

Both are charged up until about 85% battery and then disconnected and used heavily for work about 6 to 7 hours daily. In the morning, charge level is around 45% and charged until 85%.

It's for sure something wrong after updates. I've used the phone with the same apps and same usage since start. Had consistently 6 hours SOT over 24hrs at the beginning. After the February update I was down to 2-3 hours SOT. New update came, back to 6 hours. New update again, 4 hours SOT.

I've seen people on reddit complaining about exactly the same battery after these updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool. This was not the case before the patch? Did you have any issues with battery at all before?
    I had issues. I think this patch and debloating really helped...
    Same here. I'm waiting for the next update, if it's not gonna improve anything I'll probably sell the phone and get back to my p30 pro
    Hi. Did you try to turn off 5G? My battery was horrible, did a lotta things but I think the one that made the difference was changing 5G to 4G. Now im having 8hs+ SoT
    Tomorrow I´ll change my screen from 60hz back to 120hz to see if there will be any difference.

I hope you can solve this problem.
    Thanks a lot and keep us updated. I'm most probably not gonna waste any more time trying to fix this. If I buy a flagship phone, I just want it to work as intended and not disable functionality that I paid for.
    Thats
    Thanks a lot and keep us updated. I'm most probably not gonna waste any more time trying to fix this. If I buy a flagship phone, I just want it to work as intended and not disable functionality that I paid for.
    That's true, sadly with Samsung that's not so easy. I came from a Pixel 4Xl, great battery life, the last Samsung I had was a Galaxy S7, every Samsung I had, I had to disable, debloat and change things to get a good battery life, specially with the normal ones, the ones that are not Plus or Ultra (sorry, my english is horrible 😁)
    After over 2 months with this phone I'm replacing it for a pixel 5. Just released dxomark review confirms my impressions about the pictures and video capabilities - i wanted an upgrade from P30 pro but it's not the case. I tried a lot improving my battery but still it's never over 4h. If I enable volte it drops to 3h.
    Totally agree with you. I've had this phone for over 3 months and no trick or update software from Samsung has improved anything. Never over 4 SOT. Just sad and bad...
    This is quite embarrassing. Flagship phone, people recommending to disable apps and switching a low tier network that's a decade old, not even enough for it to survive a day.

I'm taking my pitchforks to samsung hq.
    I tipped the two biggest tech news sites in Norway about this issue. They actually posted article on this matter. They've been in contact with Samsung today, and Samsung said they are aware of the issue, and working on an update.
    Last nights update for Exynos version seems ro have fixed the battery life for me. I am back from work and I have 50% battery with 3.5h SOT.

I have put my screen back up to WQHD and switched on AOD now. Hope it remains this good in the upcoming days :)
    Screenshot_20210305-175337_Software update.jpg
    Meh, bitching here does nothing. Y'all need to do what I did; play with it and work it out.
    Find work arounds for the bad coding.
    Had I not taken the -time- and trouble to do so my 10+ still be a battery hog.
    Just gave you 3 or 4 good solutions. Devise your own... as each variant and user have their own unique issues and requirements.

Stock Androids are fun to play with... and almost crash proof.
    Lol, a lot easier than doing regedits🤣
    Battery life is bad with 4G turned on, so samsung should fix that, either they have some problem with baseband or they have wakelocks triggerd by 4G. With 3g battery life is pretty decent with bluetooth and gps on, 120hz and sync turned for all apps. What's the point of having smartphone and flagship if you have to turn off every functionality?
    Amazed that all you allegedly tech-savvy guys are worrying about battery life with a phone that's less than a month old. The AI has to learn your usage pattern before battery management can kick in that takes about two weeks and the battery will not reach its full capacity for about a month that's why AccuBattery reports it wrong. Then some of you are doing resets or worse so the AI has to start learning again. Sad

You think AI does some magic? 😁

IMG-20210205-WA0010.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone