• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Issues with the battery life :(

Search This thread

ivor987

Nov 17, 2010
Got AUBB in Croatia 2 days ago. Can't make it last 4 hrs SOT, and also experiencing standby drain. As shown in the graph, had to charge it a little at the end of the day...

Volte off
120 hz
5g
S21+ Exynos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-202022_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210309-202022_Device care.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot_20210309-202032_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210309-202032_Device care.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
Screenshot_20210310-174226_Device care.jpg

Here's my battery after March update. This is mostly on mobile data tho. But I'm still not satisfied, even though it's gotten a bit better..

andy18v

Mar 10, 2021
Mine (S21U, Exynos) has a bad battery life even after the March update. It was somehow acceptable ((5-6 hours Sot) before the Feb updates, but now is mediocre (max 4 h SoT). Stand by is ok, but as soon as I turn on the screen it drops 1% for every 3-4 minutes and this with many limitations (medium brightness, bluetooth off, location off, autosync off, 60 Hz, FHD+, dark mode, most of the apps restricted in the background, WiFi OR 4G). I suppose that if i turn everything on, as some of you do, I would get max. 3 h SoT per charge. I tried even to factory reset and manually install each app, the only back up was from Google Drive for WhatsApp. What should I do?

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
Mine (S21U, Exynos) has a bad battery life even after the March update. It was somehow acceptable ((5-6 hours Sot) before the Feb updates, but now is mediocre (max 4 h SoT). Stand by is ok, but as soon as I turn on the screen it drops 1% for every 3-4 minutes and this with many limitations (medium brightness, bluetooth off, location off, autosync off, 60 Hz, FHD+, dark mode, most of the apps restricted in the background, WiFi OR 4G). I suppose that if i turn everything on, as some of you do, I would get max. 3 h SoT per charge. I tried even to factory reset and manually install each app, the only back up was from Google Drive for WhatsApp. What should I do?
I've got the same as you. I've also tried factory reset. I think this is how it's suppose to be really.. I also had better battery before all this updates tho.

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
Hi. S21 exynos fresh phone. Same options and usage as my, say old Huawei P30, and it doesn't last even as long. At the end of the work hours battery struggles.. I like the phone but at the moment battery is weak part..
P30 Pro is a fantastic phone remember having it thinking do I really need to upgrade from this phone it was that good!!and still upgraded ha

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
To all people with base S21 Exynos: Do you experience excessive battery drain on mobile data? I've tried troubleshooting this for weeks. Some are saying they get awesome battery life, others says it's garbage.

Ive tried factory reset. Tweaking settings etc, but no matter what, when not connected to WiFi, the battery drain is like 3x worse than any previous phone when on mobile data.

Levisaurus

Feb 12, 2021
To all people with base S21 Exynos: Do you experience excessive battery drain on mobile data? I've tried troubleshooting this for weeks. Some are saying they get awesome battery life, others says it's garbage.

Ive tried factory reset. Tweaking settings etc, but no matter what, when not connected to WiFi, the battery drain is like 3x worse than any previous phone when on mobile data.
For me the battery life is fine if i switch it to use 3G, if i switch it to LTE then the standby drain is horrendous

Reactions: joakimbo

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
Have people given up on this issue? I'm still not getting more than 4 hours SOT over 24 hours with 50/50 LTE and Wi-Fi. Are you pleased with the S21 (Exynos) battery life?

Screenshot_20210321-205228_Device care.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mariomaxx

Jul 14, 2010
Yes I'm on 4g without lte
Well, like I said, I did a lotta things, I´ll list some of them

Usually I use SD Maid to disable apps that autostart after boot (I dont disable the app, I only disable the autostart)

I also did some debloat following this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...agship-samsung-huawei-oneplus-phones.4238473/

Changed my screen from 120hz to 60hz

Turned off AOD

Disabled or uninstalled some Samsung apps that I dont use.

I bought the phone a week ago, the first 2 days battery was horrible, didnt get 3hrs SOT, after I did these chamges I went to get like I said more than 8hrs of SOT, with wifi and 4G always on.

Last edited:

blinkin

Mar 1, 2007
Zürich
Google Pixel 5
Tomorrow I´ll change my screen from 60hz back to 120hz to see if there will be any difference.

I hope you can solve this problem.
Thanks a lot and keep us updated. I'm most probably not gonna waste any more time trying to fix this. If I buy a flagship phone, I just want it to work as intended and not disable functionality that I paid for.

Reactions: naudmick

mariomaxx

Jul 14, 2010
Thats
Thanks a lot and keep us updated. I'm most probably not gonna waste any more time trying to fix this. If I buy a flagship phone, I just want it to work as intended and not disable functionality that I paid for.
That's true, sadly with Samsung that's not so easy. I came from a Pixel 4Xl, great battery life, the last Samsung I had was a Galaxy S7, every Samsung I had, I had to disable, debloat and change things to get a good battery life, specially with the normal ones, the ones that are not Plus or Ultra (sorry, my english is horrible 😁)

Reactions: blinkin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is quite embarrassing. Flagship phone, people recommending to disable apps and switching a low tier network that's a decade old, not even enough for it to survive a day.

I'm taking my pitchforks to samsung hq.
    I tipped the two biggest tech news sites in Norway about this issue. They actually posted article on this matter. They've been in contact with Samsung today, and Samsung said they are aware of the issue, and working on an update.
    Meh, bitching here does nothing. Y'all need to do what I did; play with it and work it out.
    Find work arounds for the bad coding.
    Had I not taken the -time- and trouble to do so my 10+ still be a battery hog.
    Just gave you 3 or 4 good solutions. Devise your own... as each variant and user have their own unique issues and requirements.

Stock Androids are fun to play with... and almost crash proof.
    Lol, a lot easier than doing regedits🤣
    Battery life is bad with 4G turned on, so samsung should fix that, either they have some problem with baseband or they have wakelocks triggerd by 4G. With 3g battery life is pretty decent with bluetooth and gps on, 120hz and sync turned for all apps. What's the point of having smartphone and flagship if you have to turn off every functionality?
    Last nights update for Exynos version seems ro have fixed the battery life for me. I am back from work and I have 50% battery with 3.5h SOT.

I have put my screen back up to WQHD and switched on AOD now. Hope it remains this good in the upcoming days :)
    Screenshot_20210305-175337_Software update.jpg
    It will be fixed in a few days tops.
    Source?