Issues with the battery life :(

Search This thread

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
Thanks for the tip. I've just uninstalled 55 apps recommended by the "medium" setting. Let's see if it helps.
Let us know if it helps.

What I've noticed the most after a couple of months use. The 4G/5G modem on this phone drains a lot of battery. Things have gotten better, but phone is hotter and battery zips fast when on mobile data. Worse than my previous phones.

Reactions: blinkin

blinkin

Mar 1, 2007
Zürich
Google Pixel 5
Let us know if it helps.

What I've noticed the most after a couple of months use. The 4G/5G modem on this phone drains a lot of battery. Things have gotten better, but phone is hotter and battery zips fast when on mobile data. Worse than my previous phones.
I didn't notice any major changes 😞 with 4g without volte most of the day on WiFi it's max 4h sot.

I think I wouldn't be complaining with 4h sot if that would be with volte...

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
I didn't notice any major changes 😞 with 4g without volte most of the day on WiFi it's max 4h sot.

I think I wouldn't be complaining with 4h sot if that would be with volte...
I think you're the only person who has this problem with VoLTE. Never heard anyone complaining about this. Tried disabling it one day, but didn't experience any better battery life.

blinkin

Mar 1, 2007
Zürich
Google Pixel 5
I think you're the only person who has this problem with VoLTE. Never heard anyone complaining about this. Tried disabling it one day, but didn't experience any better battery life.
I'm pretty sure some people here had similar issue with volte...
I guess calling my provider for help won't fix anything? Volte was working fine with my p30 pro...

mohansethu

Sep 10, 2016
After spending nearly my entire month's paycheck i was so much disappointed about the battery life of s21+ . It was a nightmare. It defied common sense as it was literally 50% more battery from my previous device (op6) and somehow had worser battery life. Finally after two months im getting good battery life , in line with my expectations. If you are getting poor battery life, consider clearing system cache in recovery mode and turn off adaptive battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210410-172801_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210410-172801_Device care.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 155

blinkin

Mar 1, 2007
Zürich
Google Pixel 5
After over 2 months with this phone I'm replacing it for a pixel 5. Just released dxomark review confirms my impressions about the pictures and video capabilities - i wanted an upgrade from P30 pro but it's not the case. I tried a lot improving my battery but still it's never over 4h. If I enable volte it drops to 3h.

ivor987

Nov 17, 2010
After over 2 months with this phone I'm replacing it for a pixel 5. Just released dxomark review confirms my impressions about the pictures and video capabilities - i wanted an upgrade from P30 pro but it's not the case. I tried a lot improving my battery but still it's never over 4h. If I enable volte it drops to 3h.
Totally agree with you. I've had this phone for over 3 months and no trick or update software from Samsung has improved anything. Never over 4 SOT. Just sad and bad...

Reactions: blinkin

lawonga

Oct 28, 2010
So I let it drain to almost 0 today, and I realize this battery is not a linear one! I was listening to music, using the phone quite a bit and doing my general things both on 5g and wifi.

If I drain it around half and calculate it I would get about 4 hours. However when I actually drain it it seems like I'm getting 6!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-235400_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-235400_Device care.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 63

wicked245

Dec 13, 2010
Mine from yesterday. It could be better with 60hz. Ah well you cant have it all...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-175819_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-175819_Device care.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 47

xAirZonex

Jan 29, 2017
Hello,

Is the exynos version of the S21 base model that bad?
I can get the phone for about 590 usd but the abysmal battery makes me wonder if I should get the 20 fe instead or wait for s21 fe.

Ollie2

Jan 11, 2009
On my S21 Exynos I'm finding the battery life fairly good.

It's mostly on wifi but 4G and Volte is on I get about 5.5 to 6.5 SOT with 120hz and normal mode (not power saving).

If left alone the the standby time is good, dropping about 0.4% per hour.

The one thing I have noticed that seems to kill the battery is using the camera, this looks to use about 30% an hour, fine if you're capturing an odd snap but it mounts up if you try and use it a lot.

It even uses a lot of power just with the camera app open and the viewfinder showing waiting to take a picture.

Reactions: xAirZonex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh man, i disabled the adaptive battery and auto optimization got better. Then i have wiped cache in recovery mode and it has gotten even better now.
    Screenshot_20210408-190100_Device care.jpg
    Hi is this application paid?have you got a link please?
    Its free. Paid one is just if you want to support developer as i did.

Thanks for the tip. I've just uninstalled 55 apps recommended by the "medium" setting. Let's see if it helps.
    Let us know if it helps.

Totally agree with you. I've had this phone for over 3 months and no trick or update software from Samsung has improved anything. Never over 4 SOT. Just sad and bad...
    First day with pixel 5 and I'm amazed. It's much more fluent than s21, camera and videos are great, all the day with 5g volte and battery is great so far.

Screenshot_20210421-153815.png
    This is quite embarrassing. Flagship phone, people recommending to disable apps and switching a low tier network that's a decade old, not even enough for it to survive a day.

I'm taking my pitchforks to samsung hq.
    I tipped the two biggest tech news sites in Norway about this issue. They actually posted article on this matter. They've been in contact with Samsung today, and Samsung said they are aware of the issue, and working on an update.
    Last nights update for Exynos version seems ro have fixed the battery life for me. I am back from work and I have 50% battery with 3.5h SOT.

I have put my screen back up to WQHD and switched on AOD now. Hope it remains this good in the upcoming days :)
    Screenshot_20210305-175337_Software update.jpg
    Meh, bitching here does nothing. Y'all need to do what I did; play with it and work it out.
    Find work arounds for the bad coding.
    Had I not taken the -time- and trouble to do so my 10+ still be a battery hog.
    Just gave you 3 or 4 good solutions. Devise your own... as each variant and user have their own unique issues and requirements.

Stock Androids are fun to play with... and almost crash proof.
    Lol, a lot easier than doing regedits🤣
    Battery life is bad with 4G turned on, so samsung should fix that, either they have some problem with baseband or they have wakelocks triggerd by 4G. With 3g battery life is pretty decent with bluetooth and gps on, 120hz and sync turned for all apps. What's the point of having smartphone and flagship if you have to turn off every functionality?
    Amazed that all you allegedly tech-savvy guys are worrying about battery life with a phone that's less than a month old. The AI has to learn your usage pattern before battery management can kick in that takes about two weeks and the battery will not reach its full capacity for about a month that's why AccuBattery reports it wrong. Then some of you are doing resets or worse so the AI has to start learning again. Sad

You think AI does some magic? 😁

IMG-20210205-WA0010.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone