Issues with the battery life :(

Search This thread

HugePotato

Apr 27, 2009
Cracow
After setting 3G only, I have the phone unplugged for the last 22 hours with 1 SOT and 1 Antutu benchmark run (which took few percents off the battery) and I'm at 70%. Edge browser also says it worked in the background despite setting it to deep sleep. Removing it would probably yield even better battery life, I have to find a better browser. To be honest I didn't get battery life this good before the update. That LTE module sure is energy hungry, even before the update screwed it up.

FROGMaaster

Feb 10, 2021
Hello all of you talk about an update to correct the February have you a link because in the parameters of my phone no possibility thank you to you
Update is rolling out via OTA, so certain number of devices at a time. Eventually you should get it. I just clicked "check for system updates" in settings and it was there. I'll test it overnight and see how it goes.

Pierre58000

May 6, 2020
Update is rolling out via OTA, so certain number of devices at a time. Eventually you should get it. I just clicked "check for system updates" in settings and it was there. I'll test it overnight and see how it goes.

I'm in France and my phone tells me that I'm up to date with this update G991BXXU1AUB3 C IS the last because it offers me nothing more recent

FROGMaaster

Feb 10, 2021
I'm in France and my phone tells me that I'm up to date with this update G991BXXU1AUB3 C IS the last because it offers me nothing more recent
OTA works like that. Until your device gets to pool of eligible devices, it will tell you that you're up to date. Though notification about available update can come with some delay, so you can check for updates from time to time if you want it asap.

Pierre58000

May 6, 2020
OTA works like that. Until your device gets to pool of eligible devices, it will tell you that you're up to date. Though notification about available update can come with some delay, so you can check for updates from time to time if you want it asap.

ok thanks i waiting

Levisaurus

Feb 12, 2021
Still on the G991BXXU1AUAB update here in Croatia, but the battery life was crap since i received the phone on the 25th last month, switching to 3G yesterday helped a lot though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool. This was not the case before the patch? Did you have any issues with battery at all before?
    I had issues. I think this patch and debloating really helped...
    Today I got 6:45 hours SoT and I still have 25% battery left.

Now I'm gonna see what happens when I use it with 120hz refresh rate.
    Have people given up on this issue? I'm still not getting more than 4 hours SOT over 24 hours with 50/50 LTE and Wi-Fi. Are you pleased with the S21 (Exynos) battery life?

Hi
    I gave up and have decided NOT to go back to Samsung. My new phone? I switched to iPhone 6s temporarily while watching this thread to see what happened... I got so happy with it that I purchased the iPhone 12 mini, 128 GB. Awesome little phone! Great camera (I am missing the zoom, however), screen, performance, etc. And now the interesting part... SOT... I use 50-75 % battery each day and get between 4-6 hours. So I have NEVER had the need to charge it more than once per day. Oh, and the battery is less than half the size of the one sitting in the S21 ;-) Not trying to start an Android vs. iOS war - Both are great operating systems and most users wont notice any difference.
    Today using 120hz refresh rate I got 6:07 hours os SOT, with 12% battery left. Yesterday I got 6:45 with 25% left. Like I said, I'm guess I'm a little blind and don't see any difference between 120hz to 60hz, so I'm going back to 60hz.

Tomorrow I'm gonna change my 4g back to 5g to see what difference it makes in battery life.
    After over 2 months with this phone I'm replacing it for a pixel 5. Just released dxomark review confirms my impressions about the pictures and video capabilities - i wanted an upgrade from P30 pro but it's not the case. I tried a lot improving my battery but still it's never over 4h. If I enable volte it drops to 3h.
    Totally agree with you. I've had this phone for over 3 months and no trick or update software from Samsung has improved anything. Never over 4 SOT. Just sad and bad...
    This is quite embarrassing. Flagship phone, people recommending to disable apps and switching a low tier network that's a decade old, not even enough for it to survive a day.

I'm taking my pitchforks to samsung hq.
    I tipped the two biggest tech news sites in Norway about this issue. They actually posted article on this matter. They've been in contact with Samsung today, and Samsung said they are aware of the issue, and working on an update.
    Last nights update for Exynos version seems ro have fixed the battery life for me. I am back from work and I have 50% battery with 3.5h SOT.

I have put my screen back up to WQHD and switched on AOD now. Hope it remains this good in the upcoming days :)
    Screenshot_20210305-175337_Software update.jpg
    Meh, bitching here does nothing. Y'all need to do what I did; play with it and work it out.
    Find work arounds for the bad coding.
    Had I not taken the -time- and trouble to do so my 10+ still be a battery hog.
    Just gave you 3 or 4 good solutions. Devise your own... as each variant and user have their own unique issues and requirements.

Stock Androids are fun to play with... and almost crash proof.
    Lol, a lot easier than doing regedits🤣
    Battery life is bad with 4G turned on, so samsung should fix that, either they have some problem with baseband or they have wakelocks triggerd by 4G. With 3g battery life is pretty decent with bluetooth and gps on, 120hz and sync turned for all apps. What's the point of having smartphone and flagship if you have to turn off every functionality?
    Amazed that all you allegedly tech-savvy guys are worrying about battery life with a phone that's less than a month old. The AI has to learn your usage pattern before battery management can kick in that takes about two weeks and the battery will not reach its full capacity for about a month that's why AccuBattery reports it wrong. Then some of you are doing resets or worse so the AI has to start learning again. Sad

You think AI does some magic? 😁

IMG-20210205-WA0010.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone