IT IS HERE! -- LineageOS 13.0 for the HTC One M8s (m8ql_ul)

Search This thread

voidzero

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 11, 2007
The Netherlands
Hellooo everyone,

A lot of time has passed since our last post so we'll jump right into it:

LineageOS 13.0 for the HTC One M8s can now be downloaded and trialed!

Thanks especially to @root-expert for doing most (if not all) of the legwork on this one!

There may be bugs, or maybe not. Who knows. Just let us know - you know the drill by now.

Please make a donation if you value all the work and dedication we are putting into this phone. Note that we'll also work on LineageOS 14.1 for the M8s, so your generous support will keep us going and help to pay for the hosting of the downloads.

So, chop chop off you pop: download LineageOS 13.0.

Known Bugs:
-Wireless display
-HDR doesn't work really well.
-Reboot to bootloader and recovery doesn't work from advcane reboot menu (WONT FIX)

How to flash
1)Grab Lineage zip, TWRP and htc_fastboot binaries from here
2)Boot into fastboot
3) Flash TWRP
Code:
htc_fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery>
4)Grab Gapps
5)Boot to TWRP
6)Wipe/factory reset.
7)Flash Lineage package and Gapps without rebooting
8)Boot to system :cowboy:

Adios,
-root-expert;
-voidzero :cowboy:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for the HTC One M8s (m8qlul), ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
voidzero, root-expert
Source Code: github.com/M8s-dev

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: M OTA
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-06-30
Last Updated 2017-10-02

Last edited:

Edward_Shpill

Jul 1, 2017
Warsaw
after charge, phone rebooted, all time, i don'tknow why??:crying:
Maybe problem in boot???
And the phone is hot

Last edited:

filoffil

Oct 6, 2015
Hellooo everyone,

LineageOS 13.1 for the HTC One M8s can now be downloaded and trialed!

Thanks especially to @root-expert for doing most (if not all) of the legwork on this one!

There may be bugs, or maybe not. Who knows. Just let us know - you know the drill by now.

Please make a donation if you value all the work and dedication we are putting into this phone. Note that we'll also work on LineageOS 14.1 for the M8s, so your generous support will keep us going and help to pay for the hosting of the downloads.

So, chop chop off you pop: download LineageOS 13.1.

Known Bugs:
-When you take a shot with HDR it takes two shots (burst mode??) and then it stucks.

TODO list
-Add Gestures
-Add DotView

Adios,
-root-expert;

Contributors
voidzero, root-expert

Version Information

Created 2017-06-30
Last Updated 2017-06-30

Can't believe this post was within 2 hours of me ordering my new phone to replace my M8s ? but this means I can use my handset for testing and if it gets rekt then that's not the end of the world so @voidzero if you need a crash test dummy drop me a message :)

Sent from my HTC One M8s using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: voidzero

root-expert

Sep 28, 2014
Greece

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Both of you have the same problem but NOBODY of you spend some time to talk and describe the issue and maybe post logcats.

To be clear. If someone reports and issue and wait for us just to fix it without even describe what happens how to reproduce it, we will ignore the post.

End of story.

Free-Jee

Oct 13, 2016

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Both of you have the same problem but NOBODY of you spend some time to talk and describe the issue and maybe post logcats.

To be clear. If someone reports and issue and wait for us just to fix it without even describe what happens how to reproduce it, we will ignore the post.

End of story.

Now i tried make logcat, but phone not rebooting while connected to pc in any mode.

Edward_Shpill

Jul 1, 2017
Warsaw

End of story.
i can`t send it, because must have 10 posts

jojofreddy

Nov 13, 2012
Hey guys and OP,
I'm currently flashing this rom and will report once done and how it's working.

- I saw a post with CM14.1 for the M8s, isn't it possible to port all the changes from that to Lineage 14.1?

Last edited:

root-expert

Sep 28, 2014
Greece
Hey guys and OP,
I'm currently flashing this rom and will report once done and how it's working.

- I saw a post with CM14.1 for the M8s, isn't it possible to port all the changes from that to Lineage 14.1?
As far as I can see you didn't at all read the first post. Smart.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

the device is very hot.It's burning my hand.How to fix it ?
Put it in the fridge

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hellooo everyone,

LineageOS 13.0 for the HTC One M8s can now be downloaded and trialed!

So, chop chop off you pop: download LineageOS 13.0.

Known Bugs:
    -Wireless display
    -HDR doesn't work really well.
    -Reboot to bootloader and recovery doesn't work from advcane reboot menu (WONT FIX)

How to flash
    1)Grab Lineage zip, TWRP and htc_fastboot binaries from here
    2)Boot into fastboot
    3) Flash TWRP
    Code:
    htc_fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery>
    4)Grab Gapps
    5)Boot to TWRP
    6)Wipe/factory reset.
    7)Flash Lineage package and Gapps without rebooting
    8)Boot to system :cowboy:

Adios,
    -root-expert;

Contributors
    voidzero, root-expert
    Source Code: github.com/M8s-dev

ROM Firmware Required: M OTA

Version Information

Created 2017-06-30
    Last Updated 2017-10-02
    End-Of-Life for this ROM. Oreo is already on the way with most of feautes working good except camera.

If you think I should release an Alpha build hit the thanks button below.

-Chris
    Me too! I would install even beta release, just to make tests, even without camera :)))
    I'll release the ROM in about one week.
    Camera works fine except video and HDR (video capturing works for third-party apps though)

-Chris
    Happy new year everybody!

I know I haven't updated the rom for a long time and i'm sorry about that. I'm really busy with my studies.

Before christmas to merge the latest kernel tag. Unfortuantely that's a huge pain the ass because i has 1070 conflicts to solve as the kernel hasn't been updated since 2015.
    I have around 500 conflicts left. I think in around a month this will be ready.
    I hope when I update the kernel issues for spotify, fb etc eill be gone.

Also right now i don't work in los14 because los13 takes all my free time.

Hope you understand me. I will be back with more updates
    -Chris
    I haven't replied to this thread for a long time, neither i have updated the rom.
    The reason for this is the luck time, I'm still a student and this my final year so I have to be something more than 100% concetrated to this. After 15th of June I'll have much more free time for this project!

This rom was considered as a very stable rom some time ago, but unfortunately suddenly many apps started to crash (like facebook, spotify, macrodroid etc). The reason was unclear and the logs didn't enlight the whole problem.
    I supposed that the problem was being caused by the outdated kernel (pretty logical because it hadn't been updated since 2015 or something).

So, I updated the kernel, some days ago! The crashing issues are gone and apps lile fb, spotify work! I can't release the rom though. I have a terrible issue with audio. When it tries to play multiple sounds at the same time it causes the mediaserver to crash with a pretty nasty error which leads me to think that we should update the very outdated libs.

Of course, I'm not the guy who has stuck to Lineage 13 and doesn't try to update this thing to other android versions.
    Lineage 14 boots and it works... almost. It has an issue with SSL which renders the device pretty unusable(you know ssl is used for networking and stuff so...).
    Also some days ago I updated the kernel to boot the Lineage 15 ( you can see a new cm-15.1 branch in the github), I'm just waiting for voidzero to make some space to the server so as to download Lineage 15 sources.

Again, I'll catch up on this project after my exams have finished, so please be a little bit patient as real life comes to hits us on the face ;)

I advice all those people who have many crashes, reboots and so on to move back to stock and wait for the things to settle down again.

Thanks for your patient, sorry for the long post ;)

P.S I'll take down the current build. Doesn't make any sense to have these builds up.

-Chris