• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

It is possible to unlock and root the H990N! :)

Search This thread

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
turning down Android to... wait I need to try Skype. It was breaking and could not see messages. Lets see if it has been fixed as well. Yup Skype works again.
Well... hmm... Going to delete everything and try a higher version of TWRP and restore the things again.
*Sigh*
Overall the mobile was running much smoother again.
But the question is, will it ever do it again - and would it be better to run the DS version overall.
No clue as to what is doing it. Anyway, the 58 GB restoration is ongoing.
I could try to install the DS version again and then try to restore things and see if it will fail overall again.

Although... again, it does not say it changes anything, but it must do something... clearly...

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
TWRP H990 is no go on the F800K, kernel can't be install by it. Oh, well, though it might do the trick...
Oh well.
Anyway have the DS version installed again, I think I will try the H990 variant as well and see how it goes.
But first I will try a restoration of my backup and see if there is any problems.
Although it did seem to point out 2 partitions changing when Installed the DS from F800K version stock. Cust and Userdata. So something is differently, apparently, I guess I must have skipped over it last time I installed the F800K over it...

dumdidum.... Okay, lets go over with the package while restoring it, or trying. 2 restorations should take some time and can do that on the go... oh wait I am making food at the moment... apparently. My brain is so overburdened.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Okay need to recheck my info here... at the moment restoring my main phone so I can call again. But already forgot a lot of things - what I was doing and what worked and not. Thank God that I wrote it down here.
Well, I guess I am up and running again on the now main phone with Camera. I do wonder if I should install the H990DS system on both of the mobiles, if that works. As it seemed to be the thing that correct my issues overall and then I should be able to fully restore on both phones without any issues with the nonsense of TRWP and it saving of a whole partition.

I don't know... Tired of wasting my time on this.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Okay both Mobiles are up and running and working with Camera and rotation... With...

F800K20I_00_1120_A8.kfz for the F800K
and
H990N20h_00_OPEN_HK_DS_OP_0225.kfz for the H990N

And after the DS solution and restoring my backups the Camera and rotation issue stopped.
Which was fixed with this kfz H990ds20b_00_OPEN_AU_DS_OP_1108.kfz and restoring the backup.

Okay so far so good... What am I going to do now, I think I will try to install both mobiles with the DS Version, will take me some hours for sure... Although everything is working on both mobiles now, but for how long I don't know... I am thinking the DS version solution would be nice to try out overall.

And then hope both mobiles will be running without issues. It is nice to see that they are both working now... But... Yea, if the issue came once, on both mobiles, it might come up again. And the H990DS did seem to fix the issue so overall might just be better to run that on both phones as it did seem to work on both.

Anyway copying things, and I guess that is the plan overall... Now there will still be difference of Kernel and TWRP as far as I know so there could be some difference still. We will see.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Okay lets make a minor update to gather my morning thoughts.

2 phones I am dancing with, my old H990N and my used F800K.

So here the thing, after getting Android 8 stock installed, you need an older version of TWRP, official 3.2.3 to pass the security encryption. If you install any other it seems to not work - although afterwards you do need to install a newer version of TWRP to see the internal storage. 3.3.0 seems to be the lowest that works for that.

For the H990 *also dual sim* I am using H990 3.2.3 TWRP and for the F800K I am using US996 3.2.3 TWRP to get through the security check. Thereafter install a newer version to be able to backup internal and such.

There is a fix I have yet to try for TWRP that should make it able to really backup what is needed, Tipatch it is called, I do not know if it will work better with some of the older version with TWRP then the newer once. I am mostly using TWRP 3.4.1 for both phones, although different variant. Again H990 for H990N and US996 for F800K.
Beside there is a work around here: ✏ How to backup your internal storage through a TWRP backup - Help / Guides - Fairphone Community Forum which I have yet to try.
Just tired of the work arounds, it is an endless thing of work around in the Android world - but faulty designed overall and purposely jailing the user as good Roman Papists always tend to do. No freedom :/ And if you get out in freedom they will give you much problems, and surely we have when we get out of the Android Jail, or Spy phone of theirs.

Anyway... I am now backing up my F800K and doing the last couple of things for installing the H990DS Stock on that as well, I have done the same on the H990N. It seemed to be the Stock DS that fixed my Camera and Rotation issue on both phones, restoring the original backups afterwards which then worked - first one got it then afterwards the other, very tedious. Which still I have no idea why or how that came about. But... both mobile phones seemed to be able to run the Rom, so now I am in the way of fixing that on both and time will tell if it works or not.

Last backup on the F800K and I am ready to jump into it :)

I did get both phones running with there original Rom versions that I used, and I could have just gone on with that really. But I got the idea of just wanting to try out this DS stock on both and hope for the best. I do not know if the Camera and Rotation issue would ever have come up again, overall I guess time will tell. But if the DS stock fixed it, then it might never come again. One can only hope.

Anyway... Stock H990DS did seem to run pretty good on both phones, so... We will see.

Thats pretty much it, I guess... for now... Just my thoughts. The one mobile is backing up and the other is... well... I wonder BRB. I was doing some Titanium Backup yet not sure if it finished with that. Although just wanting to try out some things quickly I found out there was issues with the Root apps restored *SIGH* - dunno why, had to reinstall 2 of them, and might be others that needs it as well. Just used LG Switch for moving things from one phone to the other.

Sadly LG Switch as far as I recall testing, cannot be used for my new phone to mobile and restore applications - that is only one way direction, to LG... Of cause.... Why make an app for others to use to help them... The typical bullshit of the world.

The Android platform is sick, sick to the core - I really hope we will see some REAL Linux phones based on Richard Stallman principal of Freedom for the user. The Librem did seem to get the acceptance for this, but it is just not ready for daily use sadly.

FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Anyway... This world is Wacky Wacko nuts - we could have used our energy on improving it, and yet there are lots of Satanist who wanna just control us and make there New disgusting Roman World Order.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
ohhh noo... it seems the H990DS is running only 4G, I thought my small application would easily fix it. Although nice that it only seem to have 1 icon overall for data and network. At least it is different, I think the others used 2 icons if I recall... Anyway... It says it is running 4G - will just need to look into that as I do not want it to run 4G, to much Mobile radiation.

I had found an application that could do it, with one of the mobiles where you could not just select the preferred network but it seems like it does not work. I will have to reinstall the application and hope for the best. Or use time to find a solution for that, again again. Just sickening to see how these bullshitters have done all there nutty things to forced the user in a specific direction, use or what not. I'm sick and tired of it. It's like getting a console really, total control for what you can or cannot.

And wasting the users time to find a hack to make it do what he wants - standard features being taken away while the user pays huge amounts for his locked device. A Jailed Spy phone - paying big resources for it. Disgusting.

Last edited:

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Well, the good news is that the code work, the even better news is that I can directly change the 4G status to 3G inside the standard...

Next, I dropped the old phone which have had the glass detached in the bottom and it further slipped it up and made damage to the screen. Never got to glue it, to keep it down. The screen is working but overall does not look good with the screen damage at all. Oh well, I know it was on its last roll. So the H990N seems to be pretty much done for which is fine. I think I will just focus on the F800K which was the new used mobile to replace it as least until my new phone would arrive at some point, which then broke not long after I got it.

So... At least I still have a phone that works...

So the bad news... The H990DS Stock Rom sadly did not work on both phones, well it did - but what did not work was the Sim card slot, and thereby network apparently on the F800K. Tried different things without anything working. So... I will just be returning back to the Stock Rom I had before hand and restore my backup.

The H990N is running with the H990DS seemingly without any issues, but... The screen is further broke now. What I was thinking in regards of maybe replacing one mainboard with the other might not be so valid, as the back cover with the camera glas seems to be different and thereby I would need to toy more around with things.

So... For now, I will go back to the F800K for the F800K and hope that it works this time without any issues popping up like slowing down, camera and rotation not working and all. I would need to look more into the back cover, and what is possible... Naaa... I really should not waste more time, at some point the new phone will come back and I will move on anyway.

So... Well.... wasted a lot of energi and time on this. As far as I can see the H990DS stock did work for the H990N - did not find any issues at least... Sadly sim card not detected on F800K. It was somewhat unexpected, not sure why I did not try that when I installed it last time. Everything seemed to work very well, but apparently not the Sim card.
Last time trying one kernel and then jumping back to my other Stock and system for restoring it. Ohhh well.... Was worth a try.

No signal, no connection - no go!

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
*sigh* Was toying around with my F800K, fixing stuff and removing spyware... well, I guess the whole thing near is.
But anyway, was looking into recording as well, ACRphone which is the new ACR from the unchanged version I used. I was looking for updating things as a specific version is needed to be able to run on A10.

Well, I then found in Magisk 2 installations plugins for recording, 2 other apps, and began to install them and such... Well over time I lost connection to the network in regards of data and afterwards the whole thing came crashing apparently... Giving me some Korean letters on a screen that I have not seen before... well...
I am now trying to make a full backup... And *Sigh*.... well... not entirely sure. First I think I will try to revive it.
So sick and tired of Android and the waste of energy and time I have used on this.

I have opened up the N990H - and I am thinking of trying to replace it with the other motherboard. Although it might be unstable as well if toying around, but it looked more stable then other other.

Maybe the higher level of Magisk is making issues. Whatever the case... I'm sick and tired of all this nonsense. Would very much like to have my newest phone that is now in Germany - and continue with that for the future.

Like not even a day after fixing it, and the phone is broke again with another issue.

pro_granade

Jan 22, 2013
Kansas City
*sigh* Was toying around with my F800K, fixing stuff and removing spyware... well, I guess the whole thing near is.
But anyway, was looking into recording as well, ACRphone which is the new ACR from the unchanged version I used. I was looking for updating things as a specific version is needed to be able to run on A10.

Well, I then found in Magisk 2 installations plugins for recording, 2 other apps, and began to install them and such... Well over time I lost connection to the network in regards of data and afterwards the whole thing came crashing apparently... Giving me some Korean letters on a screen that I have not seen before... well...
I am now trying to make a full backup... And *Sigh*.... well... not entirely sure. First I think I will try to revive it.
So sick and tired of Android and the waste of energy and time I have used on this.

I have opened up the N990H - and I am thinking of trying to replace it with the other motherboard. Although it might be unstable as well if toying around, but it looked more stable then other other.

Maybe the higher level of Magisk is making issues. Whatever the case... I'm sick and tired of all this nonsense. Would very much like to have my newest phone that is now in Germany - and continue with that for the future.

Like not even a day after fixing it, and the phone is broke again with another issue.
What new phone are you purchasing? I really loved this phone but have since moved onto OnePlus devices.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
What new phone are you purchasing? I really loved this phone but have since moved onto OnePlus devices.
Shift 6mq :)

Shift Shop | SHIFT6mq (preorder) (shiftphones.com)
SHIFTPHONES - Nachhaltige Technologie aus Deutschland

Although I am waiting to get it back, but got it rooted and all and seemingly working. But I never finished restoring all the apps to it, I was doing it at the same time I broke the screen by the first minor drop of the mobile. Hopefully it was a fluke, hopefully it is not so fragile normally.

But it looked nice and a lot faster overall then the LG V20 for sure.

pro_granade

Jan 22, 2013
Kansas City
Shift 6mq :)

Shift Shop | SHIFT6mq (preorder) (shiftphones.com)
SHIFTPHONES - Nachhaltige Technologie aus Deutschland

Although I am waiting to get it back, but got it rooted and all and seemingly working. But I never finished restoring all the apps to it, I was doing it at the same time I broke the screen by the first minor drop of the mobile. Hopefully it was a fluke, hopefully it is not so fragile normally.

But it looked nice and a lot faster overall then the LG V20 for sure.
That's good! I'm glad you found a phone that looks like it'll work for you! Enjoy it

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
That's good! I'm glad you found a phone that looks like it'll work for you! Enjoy it
Don't buy the Shift 6mq phone. Just so many issues overall... Screen breaks very easy, second time, and way to many issues overall. I've had it for some time now and it has been nothing but issues.
I'm looking into returning to the LG V20 without Root.
I never broke my LG V20 years and I had it nearly for 4 years. took me less then a week to break the screen on the Shift phone, with a minor drop and now again the screen is dead. And that is just the top of the iceberg sadly.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Okay.... So... I'm back to one dead Shift 6mq phone... well screen ruined.... And my reserve is dead as well in fastboot. And as always, I tend to forget EVERYTHING about doing things and fixing things... pretty much.
So this is bad. I tried to make a backup of the data on my LG V20, but as it always is rooting makes issues and apparently it could not do it with the standard LG program, never tried that before. But Android Google phones always seems to get sick when you root them, have not had one single one that did not go haywire after rooting, like sickening symptoms here and there.

So... I'm back looking for some of my notes to refresh my memory, hopefully I can recover this thing again.
Pinephone Pro, hopefully is better overall but surely it is most likely still not ready for daily use... But I'm still waiting for a new LG V20 to use as a daily driver again if everything goes fine with batteries and all.

How do I fix my phone now... I just don't... can't recall anything... of possibilities... I'm not sure why it even stalled on me just by uninstalling Magisk from inside the system. *Sigh*

What could possible be wrong... I can still enter the Recovery and might be a good idea to make a backup at least.

Jesus is God Almighty

Aug 19, 2016
Just got an LG V20DS, it even looks like it is totally new... Beside the package was a little beating it looks like it has never really been used.

It has been somewhat messy overall, but I will be trying to return to my good old LG V20 again... I got a new battery charger as well and I have some batteries on the way, so I can get what I want overall. Get me lasting for another 4 years maybe....

Rooting the LG V20, is messy - it always is messy rooting the Android, every single Android I have ever had, came up with sickness afterwards of different kinds. And the LG V20 at least have less of a need to be rooted in the first place so.... Wasted so much time overall on these nutty things.