• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[IT WORKS!!] Galaxy S6 Active for use on Tmobile

Search This thread

gregk232

Sep 2, 2009
Plano
Update - IT WORKS!!!

Phone is unlocked and Tmo LTE is a GO!
attachment.php

I just picked up my galaxy s6 active, but I plan to use it with tmobile. From what I saw, it takes band 4 lte, which is tmo, so all I would need are the apn settings and I should be good to go.

Now I am very impatiently waiting for my unlock code from Theunlockingcompany.com

I'll report how it goes here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-16-12-33-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-16-12-33-32.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 38,640
Last edited:

gregk232

Sep 2, 2009
Plano
You can unlock any GSM phone regardless of if it is under any contract or not.

There are plenty of online services that give you unlock codes based on your imei

redeyss

Dec 20, 2010
Breckenridge
Tried one on eBay, came back as "this device is active on another user's account" which apparently means it's under contract. Bought phone on swappa so must've been an upgrade.

MizuRyuu

Jun 13, 2015
So how would you be getting future firmware updates? Would you be able to get it OTA when AT&T release it for the S6 Active, or do you need to wait for it to be uploaded somewhere so you can download and install?

gregk232

Sep 2, 2009
Plano
So how would you be getting future firmware updates? Would you be able to get it OTA when AT&T release it for the S6 Active, or do you need to wait for it to be uploaded somewhere so you can download and install?

1. Odin flash the update
2. I am counting on root and custom recovery being available at some point.
3. I believe I can still get an Ota even if I have a different carrier Sim in their via wifi.

MizuRyuu

Jun 13, 2015
A question: for the Limited Warranty sheet, does it say that the warranty covers all of North America, or just the States? Trying to figure out if I'll lose the warranty for bringing the phone to Canada

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update - IT WORKS!!!

Phone is unlocked and Tmo LTE is a GO!
    attachment.php

I just picked up my galaxy s6 active, but I plan to use it with tmobile. From what I saw, it takes band 4 lte, which is tmo, so all I would need are the apn settings and I should be good to go.

Now I am very impatiently waiting for my unlock code from Theunlockingcompany.com

I'll report how it goes here.
    Holy crap! You got a $700 brand new phone on CL for $450? Wonder why the person didn't return phone for refund instead since it's only been out since last Friday officially? Was seller an at&t employee or something?
    Sounds like it fell of the back of a truck deal to me.
    Does not take band 12 but I'll take it anyway.
    The details tab of AT&Ts S6 Active page includes band 12 under 4G-LTE bands:

Wireless Technology
    4G-LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 29 and 30
    4G HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul
    3G - UMTS 850/1900/2100MHz
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

http://www.att.com/cellphones/samsung/galaxy-s6-active.html
    Hello guys, I own a galaxy s6 active unlocked outside of US, and it works just perfect without any extra settings from me. The thing is if I upgrade the firmware to 5.1.1 am I going to need to unlock my mobile again? Because this would be very difficult for me here in Greece .

No worries. You don't have to unlock it again.