Its Finally Here Oreo beta Update!!!!

brolic925t

Nov 20, 2011
Corona, NY
Oh man i hope tht baby blue isnt default overlay..

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Can you make a vid if you find anything new.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Can you please download terminal emulator and type :
getprop ro.treble.enabled

This checks for Treble support.
It's comes out to be false

• All devices that launch with Android 8.0 Oreo or above must fully support Project Treble.
  • All devices that upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo are not required to fully support Project Treble.

Right now, with the way LG has implemented the security for the LG G6 and LG V30, it may be too hard to roll out Treble AND get a quick Oreo update.

Last edited:

Gmobilize

Oct 31, 2011
Riga
All devices that launch with Android 8.0 Oreo or above must fully support Project Treble.
All devices that upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo are not required to fully support Project Treble.
Yes im fully aware of the upgrade policy, but you never know, if they decide to include it in the update, which may turn out not to be the case with most OEMs to avoid extra hassle.

don_24_7

Mar 17, 2009
  • All devices that launch with Android 8.0 Oreo or above must fully support Project Treble.
  • All devices that upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo are not required to fully support Project Treble.

I noticed that the LG V35, which apparently is just a rebranded LG V30+ launched in Japan last week with Oreo. So would that device support Project Treble and other versions not? Situation seems a bit confused.

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris

I noticed that the LG V35, which apparently is just a rebranded LG V30+ launched in Japan last week with Oreo. So would that device support Project Treble and other versions not? Situation seems a bit confused.
The definition of "launch"is actually a bit fuzzy for the end-user, because it means the first google certification of the device.
The device could very well have been certified with Nougat, but released to the end-user only with Oreo.

It's sad that the V30 doesn't get Treble :(

Last edited:

chriskwarren

Aug 8, 2009
Bowmanville
The no treble support is kind of disheartening though.
Yeah I mistakenly assumed treble support with Oreo.

I sent my V30 back to my carrier because I thought the radio was faulty, but more people in my area are reporting poor reception (I live in an area that has some of the best LTE coverage in the country). My plan was to get another V30, but now I'm not so sure. Popping ROMs on the phone myself is not a big deal and usually fun, but I'm wondering if it does anything to warranty and Android Pay support. Have to research that some more.

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
Yeah I mistakenly assumed treble support with Oreo.

I sent my V30 back to my carrier because I thought the radio was faulty, but more people in my area are reporting poor reception (I live in an area that has some of the best LTE coverage in the country). My plan was to get another V30, but now I'm not so sure. Popping ROMs on the phone myself is not a big deal and usually fun, but I'm wondering if it does anything to warranty and Android Pay support. Have to research that some more.
Rooted and unlocked phones will fail safetynet which android pay uses

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone