It's here! S-off at last

Search This thread

vj092887

Jul 25, 2008
How do u install it? Did u just plug ur flyer to the computer and double click the revolutionary application file in the zip?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

viera77

May 15, 2009
no support

no support for flyer Hboot 1.07.0000

Attachments

• rev.JPG
    rev.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 669

johnchad14

May 1, 2010
Well on the revolutionary site it mentions you need to install the htc drivers if you're on windows. Past that, turn on development in phone settings/application, and run the exe file. Easy stuff.

contradude

I'd settle for making sure there is no carrier IQ in the view and optimising the ROM for the hardware. I'm currently in the process of figuring out what phone the flyer/view is most like to see which tweaks will work properly.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Jan 31, 2005
Using:

Windows 7 64 Bits
Flyer P510e 3G/32GB
HBoot 1.100.000
ROM: 1.48.707.3

I couldn't get it to work.

Rebooting to fastboot...
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemondae. Make lfe take the lemonade back!

Waiting for fastboot...
Rebooting to fastboot (Once moar...)
FAILED - Go have some lemonade!
Press (almost) any key to exit.

Device stuck in fastboot.

What have I done wrong?

StormMcCloud

Jul 21, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
Mine did the same thing, just choose Power Down and then turn it back on holding down the vol - key. You should be in S-Off now!

Using:

Windows 7 64 Bits
Flyer P510e 3G/32GB
HBoot 1.100.000
ROM: 1.48.707.3

I couldn't get it to work.

Rebooting to fastboot...
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemondae. Make lfe take the lemonade back!

Waiting for fastboot...
Rebooting to fastboot (Once moar...)
FAILED - Go have some lemonade!
Press (almost) any key to exit.

Device stuck in fastboot.

What have I done wrong?

andmaf

Jul 2, 2011
i'm having the same problem too and did wat you told but mine still show S-ON !

Make sure the device has fastboot turned on. To do this turn the device off, boot into recovery (power + volume down) then navigate to where it says fastboot, tap the power button once, then reboot the flyer and try the exploit again.

bluemoko

Jun 29, 2010
same here and i'm now need to go pee as having too much lemonade :p

Still not working on my Flyer 32G 3G Thailand Retail HBOOT 1.10.0000

Fastboot was showing during the process and driver install correctly but still fail :confused:

andmaf

Jul 2, 2011
Did you make sure fastboot was on via the steps I described in the earlier post? I from the looks of the errors its acting like its not. Do the steps I mentioned and my previous post and try again and let me know what happens. If you already tried that let me know so I can keep on thinking about possible fixes.

bluemoko

Jun 29, 2010
Did you make sure fastboot was on via the steps I described in the earlier post? I from the looks of the errors its acting like its not. Do the steps I mentioned and my previous post and try again and let me know what happens. If you already tried that let me know so I can keep on thinking about possible fixes.

=First run Revolutionary=
Yes the fastboot page was on during the process, first trial the driver was recognize and the second try the driver was there already.

=Second and Third run Revolutionary=
Same same after phone revoot to FASTBOOT screen and pause there . . the program ask for second try and i get lemonade

I look in the device manager it show only HTC Sync under android . . is it correct? shouldn't it show fastboot driver?:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello bluemoko,

Would you mind elaborating your s-off steps more clearly? Like how to make gold card and get the image.zip, also flashing the rom.

So that newbies like me can follow.

Thanks a lot.

So far, what I've learned here is that many people are having trouble getting this to work and there isn't an all in one noob guide.

#1 A lot of people have suggested removing all HTC Software from your PC and installing these Fastboot drivers. Make sure USB Debugging is checked. Make sure Fastboot is enabled. When you plug your Flyer in, I think you should choose USB Charge Mode.
    #2 AFAIK - You need a Flyer that is HBOOT: 1.10.000
    #3 AFAIK - Some HBOOT: 1.10.000 Flyers (like mine) do not work correctly and need to be updated to RUU_Flyer_HTC_WWE_2.00.405.3_R_Radio_20.3501.30.08 9BU_3809.05.04.10_M_release_194964_signed.exe which you can download via this link. It's about 517 MB
    #4 Once you get that file, unplug your Flyer from your computer and then double click to run. Somewhere buried in your user account folder will be the image file. In my case, it was buried in C:\Documents and Settings\PeeCee\Local Settings\Temp\{0E03141E-27B1-4E3A-B9B9-18DA9C1FCBEC}\{50F2F878-636A-496F-A7CB-544C067E0C4B}ROM.zip
    #5 I renamed ROM.ZIP to PG41IMG.zip
    #6 You need an extra SD Card to make a "Goldcard"
    #7 Put the memory card you want to use for the GoldCard into your Flyer.
    #8 With the memory card in your Flyer, click on Settings, SD and Phone storage, then click Unmount SD card. Once it unmounts, click Format SD card. (Please keep in mind that some memory cards don’t work, and this will erase all data on your SD Card so back all the data up first to your computer)
    #9 On the Flyer, go to Settings, Applications, Development and then make sure USB Debugging is checked.
    #10 Download "GoldCard Helper" from the Android Market and open it.
    #11 Get the code for mmc2, go to the website shown on the screen and follow the directions to get your Goldcard image.
    #12 Download the HxD Hex editor from http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
    #10 Take your SD card out of your Flyer and put it into a SD adapter. Put that into your computer so it shows up on your computer as Removable Disk.
    #11 Open the Hex Editor (Run as Administrator if you're on Vista or Windows 7) and click on the Extra tab, then click on Open Disk. Under Physical Disk select Removable Disk (your SD card you just put into the computer). Make sure to UNcheck Open as ReadOnly. Click OK.
    #12 Goto the Extra tab again and click Open Disk Image. Open up the goldcard.img that you saved from your email. You should now have two tabs, one is the SD card (Removable Disk) and the other is the goldcard.img
    Press OK when prompted for Sector Size 512 (Hard Disks/Floppy Disks).
    #13 Click on the Goldcard.img tab and click on the Edit tab and click Select All. Then click on the Edit tab again and click Copy.
    #14 Click on the Removable Disk tab (Your SD Card) and select offset 00000000 to 00000170 then click on the Edit tab and click Paste Write.
    #15 Click on File then click Save.
    #16 Close the Hex Editor.
    #17 Test the card. Take it out of the computer, then put it back in. Try to open the memory card on the computer (Removable Disk), if it lets you, you are all set.

And that's all I know because after that I put the card back in my Flyer and rebooted and nothing happened. I then tried to fiddle with the Bootloader, but couldn't figure out how to load the image file, so maybe someone can enlighten us noobs with what to do next.
    Just been released for devs http://revolutionary.io/

Thanks Guys

Sorry, already covered
    Maybe this will work for people with Flyers but us View users don't have access to the sdcard. It's not removable. Good info tho incase a Flyer user runs into the same problem (for troubleshootings sake). Thanks Mac Daddy!

So nobody else with the View found a solution? I know it's been tlked about by quite a few. Thanks community...

Wrong. You have an SD slot in the same place as the flyer, it's just hard to remove the cover
    http://www.htc.com/us/support/evoview-sprint/help/storage-card.

IRC log from #alpharev
    (10:26:41 PM) IEF: huh? I thought view had a microsd slot?
    (10:26:56 PM) felosis: if it does ive yet to find it lol
    (10:27:08 PM) IEF: Where do I put the microSD card? close Remove the top back cover of the device. Place the microSD card inside the slot.
    (10:27:15 PM) IEF: Oo
    (10:27:16 PM) felosis: backcover does not come off on the view
    (10:27:24 PM) IEF: http://www.htc.com/us/support/evoview-sprint/help/storage-card
    (10:27:24 PM) felosis: the battery is not user removable
    (10:27:26 PM) IEF: what, lol?
    (10:27:35 PM) felosis: what the ****
    (10:27:43 PM) IEF: that is literally on the HTC Evo View support page ;p
    (10:27:47 PM) felosis: ive tried taking the back off like a flyer doesnt come off
    (10:27:48 PM) felosis: lol
    (10:27:49 PM) IEF: so unless I'm mistaken :p
    (10:28:04 PM) felosis: ill try this again
    (10:28:05 PM) felosis: lol
    (10:28:12 PM) IEF: but yeah, /sdcard gets mapped off the external slot
    (10:28:16 PM) show-p1984: Well thats the perfect opportunity to say NO here: Was this helpful? Yes | No :)
    (10:28:22 PM) felosis: well heres the weird thing IEF
    (10:28:22 PM) IEF: which is the default install path for flashable zips
    (10:28:31 PM) felosis: when i use astro or w/e if i go to /sdcard
    (10:28:34 PM) felosis: theres my regular ****
    (10:28:36 PM) IEF: I know
    (10:28:40 PM) IEF: it's reversed
    (10:28:59 PM) felosis: ugh so annoying lol
    (10:28:59 PM) IEF: that's because CWM has partitioning. if you were to partition your internal storage, you'd perma-brick
    (10:29:14 PM) IEF: no real proper workaround for it at the moment, sorry
    (10:29:32 PM) felosis: yea i thought about that but i was like nooooo lol
    (10:29:46 PM) felosis: but if i mount my other mount points still cant get to them either
    (10:29:53 PM) felosis: so i cant even go up a directory lol :\
    (10:30:06 PM) IEF: I suppose you could probably do it over adb shell
    (10:30:13 PM) IEF: not really preferred, but.
    (10:30:18 PM) pmf: wait wait. the top cover of the view comes off just like the flyer.
    (10:30:37 PM) felosis: how? i feel like im going to break the device
    (10:30:38 PM) pmf: there's a microsd slot under that
    (10:30:44 PM) pmf: yeah it sure does
    (10:30:46 PM) felosis: oh
    (10:30:47 PM) pmf: keep pushing
    (10:30:48 PM) felosis: http://www.htc.com/www/help/howto?howtoid=1702713a-332d-325a-81d7-82e230189a0e
    (10:30:50 PM) Bumble-Bee is now known as Bumble-Bee|Away
    (10:31:06 PM) IEF: haha
    (10:31:09 PM) show-p1984: perhaps one of u2 can tell me why i can't move/cp files from /sdcard to /system. But I can delete from /system and move files there via cat file1 > file2. That would be rly helpfull to know ;)
    (10:31:10 PM) pmf: you want to push down in the middle hard while gently pushing forward
    (10:31:10 PM) felosis: holy ****
    (10:31:11 PM) felosis: lol
    (10:31:12 PM) IEF: that made me laugh just now
    (10:31:28 PM) felosis: mine is just really hard to take off
    Sorry but where can I get these? I tried going to the Revolutionary, Alpharev, unrevoked pages and found nothing. :( I installed PDAnet adb drivers and they still fail.

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/revolutionary

http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe
    Oh REALLY? Interesting. I'll have to google and see how we get it off just for $h!+$ sake. Thanks globatron for that tidbit of info. Learn sumn new everyday!

Edit: just noticed the link. Thanks.

See links in the quoted text in the update post above