Its MY data and I want it NOW!

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Read the title, do you feel the same way? Are you tired of paying the extra $10 and getting nothing in return? I really dont even care that 4g is not in my area, what does kill me is the reduction in my 3g speeds :mad: Up untill 2 or 3 months ago I was pulling 1MB average for downloads, a few weeks before the new PRL's came out this was reduced to .3 MB's. So after a month of this CRAP I did the Verizon PRL trick, I now get 1.4 MB's or so down :) I was happy as can be again, untill yesterday I read a thread by member jorpe who is getting his service cut off via sprint for roaming to much, thread located HERE. jorpe was NOT using the Verizon hack, he was just roaming quite a bit and watch movies while doing it. I personally tend to stay under 5 gigs per month on all 3 of my phones combined! Do I have anything to worry about here? I have been with sprint for over 10 years, am gold, can call and get what I need from them with no hassle (replacement phones). I do NOT want to lose my account over this PRL thing. But I feel like I am entitled to this speed supplied by the verizon PRL. After all "Its MY data and I want it NOW".

Thoughts???

With BOTH of the sprint PRL's thew speed starts fast then drops way down in the middle of test, then ramps back up at the end, thus appearing to be fast. The average person looks at the download when it starts, its good speed, set the phone down and speed drops. Then one picks it up again to see how far along download is, speed has picked up again (towards end), user thinks download speed has been fast the whole time :eek: Its a conspiracy I tell you!!!

test @ 5:25 am on 60677 PRL sprints before 00015
test @ 5:14 am on 00015 PRL sprints latest
test @ 5:03 am on 00001 PRL verizon hack

edit...i think i will alternate PRL's, do the verizon hack for a month, then do the faster of the 2 sprints for a month. I know I am going to get yelled at by people saying the PRL makes no difference in my download speeds, but I beg to differ, I have ran plenty of tests right here from my own phone. basic math tells me there IS a difference :)

Attachments

• snap20110517_052627.jpg
    snap20110517_052627.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

jayharper08

Retired Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Jan 7, 2008
The Dirty
I hate to say it.....but I think this one is going to get ugly. I'm staying away (after this post ofcourse).

Sent from "The EVO" using XDA Premium

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
yeah next time i post i will make sure it is a port of sense 3.8 ;)

oh, after i post the mod to over clock our processor to 2.7 stable :p

i am looking for help in my WIP/DEV on controlling my SD Card from my phone, i just dont understand why it is mounting as soon as i connect the cable though :confused:

i mean after all because to post my experiences and or thoughts in a forum labeled "General" would be totally uncalled for.

my bad :(

Zabalba

Jun 19, 2010
Miami
Read the title, do you feel the same way? Are you tired of paying the extra $10 and getting nothing in return? I really dont even care that 4g is not in my area, what does kill me is the reduction in my 3g speeds :mad: Up untill 2 or 3 months ago I was pulling 1MB average for downloads, a few weeks before the new PRL's came out this was reduced to .3 MB's. So after a month of this CRAP I did the Verizon PRL trick, I now get 1.4 MB's or so down :) I was happy as can be again, untill yesterday I read a thread by member jorpe who is getting his service cut off via sprint for roaming to much, thread located HERE. jorpe was NOT using the Verizon hack, he was just roaming quite a bit and watch movies while doing it. I personally tend to stay under 5 gigs per month on all 3 of my phones combined! Do I have anything to worry about here? I have been with sprint for over 10 years, am gold, can call and get what I need from them with no hassle (replacement phones). I do NOT want to lose my account over this PRL thing. But I feel like I am entitled to this speed supplied by the verizon PRL. After all "Its MY data and I want it NOW".

Thoughts???

With BOTH of the sprint PRL's thew speed starts fast then drops way down in the middle of test, then ramps back up at the end, thus appearing to be fast. The average person looks at the download when it starts, its good speed, set the phone down and speed drops. Then one picks it up again to see how far along download is, speed has picked up again (towards end), user thinks download speed has been fast the whole time :eek: Its a conspiracy I tell you!!!

test @ 5:25 am on 60677 PRL sprints before 00015
test @ 5:14 am on 00015 PRL sprints latest
test @ 5:03 am on 00001 PRL verizon hack

edit...i think i will alternate PRL's, do the verizon hack for a month, then do the faster of the 2 sprints for a month. I know I am going to get yelled at by people saying the PRL makes no difference in my download speeds, but I beg to differ, I have ran plenty of tests right here from my own phone. basic math tells me there IS a difference :)

15mikw7.jpg