Search This thread

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016
IUNI U3 KERNEL DEVELOPMENT​

IUNI_U3_.jpg

Code:
Disclaimer:
It's still under development.
I waive all liability... Thermonuclear war will happen whatever you use this kernel or not.

Feel free to contribute, share, participate, post or help it would make me great pleasure! :)

Introduction
This project aim to develop a kernel for the IUNI U3 able to turn on the latest version of Android and to meet the challenge proposed by IUNI.

The purpose of this post is:
  • Highlight the development progression.
  • Log the errors and bugs remaining to be fixed.
  • Transmit solutions of issues encountered to help those who will have the same kind of error to fix it.
  • Exchange and learn all together and find out how to fix those bugs.

Sources code

How-to compile it
Just follow this GUIDE and this README

Good to know
About official source code:
The original CAF kernel source code is downloadable HERE
Common drivers are located at gionee/alps_drv
IUNI U3 specific drivers are located at gionee/project/NBL8910A
IUNI U3 Mini specific drivers are located at gionee/project/NBL8905A
The repo use a special script to compile Android with specific "GN_FLAGS" who're located into the gn_project folder, those flags are added on-the-fly and are not integrated into the kernel.

State
Working:
  • Everything

Semi-working:
  • Nothing

Not working:
  • Nothing

?:
  • Nothing

Logs

XDA:DevDB Information
IUNI U3, Kernel for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Abdess76, Angel_666, feroxxx, alecuba16, 蝴蝶剑
Source Code: https://github.com/Abdess/android_kernel_iuni_u3

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-08-31
Last Updated 2018-01-29

Last edited:

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016
Changelog:

September 4th, 2017:
Kernel:
*Internal storage works

Logs:
dmesg
recovery

Original dmesg for comparison

Old changelogs:

August 31, 2017:
*Initial release

Because ADB doesn't works and I can't do an UART, the only way to extract logs of the compiled TWRP recoveryimage is to go into ADVANCED -> TERMINAL and type:
Code:
dmesg
Then take pics of important part of the log

Log pics are uploaded HERE

Log pictures:

1:
smL6Uyo.jpg

xGzbqzB.jpg

YmMvnwL.jpg

N6E3CEP.jpg

dKAN2b2.jpg

RR830F7.jpg

jdQvYx1.jpg

XFYT3QZ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeysteele

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
I thought the release of the code source would boost developers but it seems nobody wants to work on the U3 anymore, too bad :(

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

Sorry for not giving any news for a long time, I sorely missed free time.

The kernel is now 100% functional on Android N. There are still some small issues and optimisations to fixes before everything is perfect.

It remains to complete the device tree and blobs to be finally ready.

The project was able to move forward with the help and support of several developers who generously gave their time to help and answer questions:
- @Sultanxda : The kernel is entirely based on his work, and moreover he helped me with all questions and technical problems.
- @feroxxx : It is thanks to him that LineageOS 14.1 is almost fully working on IUNI U3
- @nathanchance : Thanks to his documentation and availability to answer to the questions on the forum he has expanded my knowledge and awareness of security.
- @jerpelea and @GalaticStryder : They helped me to understand some technical and theoretical aspects of the kernel.
And of course also to all those who contributed to all these open-source projects without whom this project would never have emerged.

Attachments

• 1486816226797797805.jpg
    1486816226797797805.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 8870011491458553974.jpg
    8870011491458553974.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 9048007640033905604.jpg
    9048007640033905604.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016
Thanks, thanks and thanks and thanks again!!!!!

:highfive:

I'll have to update the thread with more details and more regularly, like a log. The goal is to highlight the path used in the development of the kernel. The mistakes made, by which means they were solved.

The intention is to provide answers to questions that a person might ask if he wants to undertake a similar project.
When starting a project for the first time, there is often this famous stage of vast questioning and gray area. With a large amount of documentations, wondering where to start, where to go. Reading the practical experience of others could be a shortcut in the learning journey and have an idea where to start and where to go.

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016
Ok the kernel source code for LOS 15.1 is available here: https://github.com/Abdess/android_kernel_iuni_msm8974/tree/lineage-15.1

There's a weird issue, everythings looks to works fine (adb, storage, brightness)... into the log... However the display doesn't works but it's acting like working.

It looks like I've to check the MDSS drivers and device tree.

Attachments

• IMG_20180223_190753-compressor.jpg
    IMG_20180223_190753-compressor.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 174
  • dmesg.log
    64 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: mikeysteele

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016
Hi @Abdess76, I just tried building Lineage 14.1 off your sources. It built OK but it doesn't boot . It appears ADB isn't running despite building with user-debug and I can't seem to find any logs in /proc/last_kmesg. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
Good question, we can see this together on hangout.
Thank you for adding me to contributors,but how do you find my id in xda?Besides,How is the kernel going?
I do not remember how I did to find you. lol
I had to make another break because of the work. Everything works however there is always this display bug. I must find the cause.
https://github.com/Abdess/android_k...mmit/3e0db6ef96f5beac8504d6b8bf157b1c38248425

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IUNI U3 KERNEL DEVELOPMENT​

IUNI_U3_.jpg

Code:
    Disclaimer:
    It's still under development.
    I waive all liability... Thermonuclear war will happen whatever you use this kernel or not.

Feel free to contribute, share, participate, post or help it would make me great pleasure! :)

Introduction
    This project aim to develop a kernel for the IUNI U3 able to turn on the latest version of Android and to meet the challenge proposed by IUNI.

The purpose of this post is:
    • Highlight the development progression.
    • Log the errors and bugs remaining to be fixed.
    • Transmit solutions of issues encountered to help those who will have the same kind of error to fix it.
    • Exchange and learn all together and find out how to fix those bugs.

Sources code

How-to compile it
    Just follow this GUIDE and this README

Good to know
    About official source code:
    The original CAF kernel source code is downloadable HERE
    Common drivers are located at gionee/alps_drv
    IUNI U3 specific drivers are located at gionee/project/NBL8910A
    IUNI U3 Mini specific drivers are located at gionee/project/NBL8905A
    The repo use a special script to compile Android with specific "GN_FLAGS" who're located into the gn_project folder, those flags are added on-the-fly and are not integrated into the kernel.

State
    Working:
    • Everything

Semi-working:
    • Nothing

Not working:
    • Nothing

?:
    • Nothing

Logs

XDA:DevDB Information
    IUNI U3, Kernel for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Abdess76, Angel_666, feroxxx, alecuba16, 蝴蝶剑
    Source Code: https://github.com/Abdess/android_kernel_iuni_u3

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-08-31
    Last Updated 2018-01-29
    Hi,

Sorry for not giving any news for a long time, I sorely missed free time.

The kernel is now 100% functional on Android N. There are still some small issues and optimisations to fixes before everything is perfect.

It remains to complete the device tree and blobs to be finally ready.

The project was able to move forward with the help and support of several developers who generously gave their time to help and answer questions:
    - @Sultanxda : The kernel is entirely based on his work, and moreover he helped me with all questions and technical problems.
    - @feroxxx : It is thanks to him that LineageOS 14.1 is almost fully working on IUNI U3
    - @nathanchance : Thanks to his documentation and availability to answer to the questions on the forum he has expanded my knowledge and awareness of security.
    - @jerpelea and @GalaticStryder : They helped me to understand some technical and theoretical aspects of the kernel.
    And of course also to all those who contributed to all these open-source projects without whom this project would never have emerged.
    Changelog:

September 4th, 2017:
    Kernel:
    *Internal storage works

Logs:
    dmesg
    recovery

Original dmesg for comparison

Old changelogs:

August 31, 2017:
    *Initial release

Because ADB doesn't works and I can't do an UART, the only way to extract logs of the compiled TWRP recoveryimage is to go into ADVANCED -> TERMINAL and type:
    Code:
    dmesg
    Then take pics of important part of the log

Log pics are uploaded HERE

Log pictures:

1:
    smL6Uyo.jpg

xGzbqzB.jpg

YmMvnwL.jpg

N6E3CEP.jpg

dKAN2b2.jpg

RR830F7.jpg

jdQvYx1.jpg

XFYT3QZ.jpg
    Ok the kernel source code for LOS 15.1 is available here: https://github.com/Abdess/android_kernel_iuni_msm8974/tree/lineage-15.1

There's a weird issue, everythings looks to works fine (adb, storage, brightness)... into the log... However the display doesn't works but it's acting like working.

It looks like I've to check the MDSS drivers and device tree.
    Any news? did you progress a bit with the build? thanks :)

It progresses slowly because I can not spend more than 2 days a week on the project. :/
    BTW I had a booting android 8.0. :)
    For Android 8.1 it's more complicated, for example I can not have a battery charging animation for the moment.
    To avoid wasting time, I think I will focus on LOS14.1 instead of LOS15.1.
    For those interested, I noticed that it was possible to port MIUI9 from the Xiaomi Mi3 to the IUNI U3.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone