IUNI U3 stock ROMs / updating / scripts / sources

Search This thread

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
I bought a IUNI U3 recently and found two recoveries for the device. There is only these two builds.
I bought the device to try something new and I wanted to translate the IUNI OS ROM.

Problem is: The CWM recovery is non touch and has a bug which causes backups not to work. The TWRP is version 2.8.3 and me and a friend of mine managed to get rid of an overheating bug by adding
other default governors for the recovery (setting on demand instead of performance). Still I have some trouble with this recovery, but it is the only thing I got.
If I want to flash a ROM with it I get errors.

Code:
msm.boot_update("backup");
msm.boot_update("finalize");
in the updater script gives me a
Code:
line 108 col 26: unknown function "msm.boot_update"
line 109 col 28: unknown function "msm.boot_update"
2 parse errors
using TWRP while CWM flashes the ZIP without a problem.

If I remove
Code:
ui_print("Patching firmware images...");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/tz.mbn", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/sbl1.mbn", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl1");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/rpm.mbn", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/NON-HLOS.bin", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/splash.bin", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/splash");
unmount("/system");
from the updater script (deleting the /firmware folder in the zip of course) TWRP flashes the ZIP without a problem like CWM does.

Is there a problem within the TWRP build or is this related to the updater binary?
Or is this command being processed correctly by the stock recovery only?

I am kind of a beginner and I wondered if someone could give me some advice so I do not have to remove the radio update.
Btw: the cooks of the mentioned recoveries are russians and I got no response until now. On 4PDA ru I can not register etc etc.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2013
Regarding IUNI U3

Hello t-ryder,

I am sorry I cannot help you with that. I have IUNI U3 for 6 months now. I am sadly using Chinese CWM :crying: and I think I tried restoring backup once and was ok. I tried TWRP once when I bought it and it failed in installing update package so I returned back to chinese CWM.

I am currently stuck at ROM BetaV2.0 20150105. When I tried to update to Beta 3.0 It got stuck at IUNI logo because of problem with Xposed. The IUNIOS use Xposed in their ROM unofficially like MIUI did and they moved forward to blow the Xposed installation in new ROMs. Some OnePlus one users spotted Xposed working for IUNIOS Beta3 custom rom and I did not know how they did it, or may be it is broken for IUNI U3 only.

Can you tell me which ROM you installed and if Xposed is working? Which GApps you use?

The only source I found for IUNI U3 was the chinses official forums. Can you tell me if you found any other sources?

_that

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 2, 2012
If I want to flash a ROM with it I get errors.

Code:
in the updater script gives me a
Code:
line 108 col 26: unknown function "msm.boot_update"
line 109 col 28: unknown function "msm.boot_update"
2 parse errors
using TWRP while CWM flashes the ZIP without a problem.

The updater-script is parsed by the update-binary (which communicates with the recovery only for UI updates), so it's hard to imagine why it would work in one recovery but not in the other.

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
Thanks for your reply.

Thought of something like that.
When I get a new build ready I am gonna try an older updater-binary.
I heard that some builds of TWRP have problems with newer updater-binaries for some devcies.

alecuba16

Jun 13, 2009
Thanks for your reply.

Thought of something like that.
When I get a new build ready I am gonna try an older updater-binary.
I heard that some builds of TWRP have problems with newer updater-binaries for some devcies.

Sounds like or the updater binary has no implementation of the msm.bootupdater function or maybe you need some binary of /bin folder that has this function.

You can decompress the boot image from recovery.img and compare to the CWM boot image if there is any missing binary that has this function.

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
Hello t-ryder,

I am sorry I cannot help you with that. I have IUNI U3 for 6 months now. I am sadly using Chinese CWM :crying: and I think I tried restoring backup once and was ok. I tried TWRP once when I bought it and it failed in installing update package so I returned back to chinese CWM.

I am currently stuck at ROM BetaV2.0 20150105. When I tried to update to Beta 3.0 It got stuck at IUNI logo because of problem with Xposed. The IUNIOS use Xposed in their ROM unofficially like MIUI did and they moved forward to blow the Xposed installation in new ROMs. Some OnePlus one users spotted Xposed working for IUNIOS Beta3 custom rom and I did not know how they did it, or may be it is broken for IUNI U3 only.

Can you tell me which ROM you installed and if Xposed is working? Which GApps you use?

The only source I found for IUNI U3 was the chinses official forums. Can you tell me if you found any other sources?

On 4PDA ru there are some devs working on stuff for the U3. I have never used Xposed on the U3. Last stable build is b3.0.5 - b3.0.6 is so buggy, I wonder why the IUNI dev team even released that crap.
I managed to flash the b3.0.5 using TWRP changing the updater script removing the device check and the radio update.

delete (in updater script for b3.0.6)

Code:
getprop("ro.product.device") == "IUNI" || abort("This package is for \"IUNI\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

and

Code:
# ---- radio update tasks ----

package_extract_file("firmware-update/tz.mbn", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/sbl1.mbn", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl1");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/rpm.mbn", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/NON-HLOS.bin", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/splash.bin", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/splash");
unmount("/system");

Updating the radio once was enough (since I tried to translate the ROM and flashed the build over and over again to test).

Here is the thread on 4PDA ru - try reading using bing translator and if you want to dl something switch to original site view.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=598571

Me and my pal hellsgod edited the TWRP since there was a problem with the governors overheating the chip on performance gov.

Here the edited recovery build (originally compiled by evil goodd @ 4PDA ru)

Attachments

• TWRP_image_IUNI_U3.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 730
Last edited:
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks T-ryder

On 4PDA ru there are some devs working on stuff for the U3. I have never used Xposed on the U3. Last stable build is b3.0.5 - b3.0.6 is so buggy, I wonder why the IUNI dev team even released that crap.
I managed to flash the b3.0.5 using TWRP changing the updater script removing the device check and the radio update.

delete (in updater script for b3.0.6)

Code:
getprop("ro.product.device") == "IUNI" || abort("This package is for \"IUNI\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

and

Code:
# ---- radio update tasks ----

unmount("/system");

Updating the radio once was enough (since I tried to translate the ROM and flashed the build over and over again to test).

Here is the thread on 4PDA ru - try reading using bing translator and if you want to dl something switch to original site view.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=598571

Me and my pal hellsgod edited the TWRP since there was a problem with the governors overheating the chip on performance gov.

Here the edited recovery build (originally compiled by evil goodd @ 4PDA ru)

Thank You T-ryder. I do not think Xposed will work for all these versions (they all have the same modified app_process) and I need it for many apps. By the way, there is a new version of firmware and it is only available in Chinese forums. its release date is 20150514 and it is recomended from the posts on the IUNI forums. The download link:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sj2txz3
pass: hsf2

Also 4PDA.ru looks interesting, I am already registered but I could not login because of the Russian handwriting capatcha:mad:

I need to upgrade the baseband of course, but I need Xposed as well so I am stuck. The strange thing that I saw OPO IUNI v3 ROM with Xposed installed and probably working!!

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
This is getting more and more OT, sry.
I tried to download the 20150514 ROM maybe like 10 times now. No succes. F*** baidu.
Could you mirror it for me? I want to have a look at the updater binary and the updater script (and maybe try the ROM itself).

btw...
I even got a crowdin repo for the german translation... but translating the whole OS is such a pain in the a**.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2013
Just downloaded it

This is getting more and more OT, sry.
I tried to download the 20150514 ROM maybe like 10 times now. No succes. F*** baidu.
Could you mirror it for me? I want to have a look at the updater binary and the updater script (and maybe try the ROM itself).

btw...
I even got a crowdin repo for the german translation... but translating the whole OS is such a pain in the a**.

I have had the same problem of Baidu, I just successfully downloaded this ROM. Also I downloaded MIUI 6.0 v5.7.2 by Ry09iu if you want it. I will upload it to google drive and share the link.

Aug 17, 2013
hi guys
comming from nubia z7 max and have now a iuni u3.
how can i download roms from the iuni baidu page
registation not working?

sorry for my funny english

andreas

Here What I did, of course with the help of google translate:

1. Create A QQ acount from imqq.com

2. Use your QQ account to login Baidu and choose to transfere the files you want to download to your Baidu Cloud (using the right arrow sign ==>)
Note: In Egypt pan.baidu.com links are not opening even with proxies (give 404 error) with some of ISPs so I had to view these links with a different ISP!

3. Use Baidu Program to download the files (It works from any ISP) the program name is: BaiduYun
BaiduYunGuanjia_5.2.7.exe you can google it. you need to login with the same QQ account and it will show the files on your Baidu cloud and you can choose to download any of them (download sign in chinese is like a capital T with a small slash \ at its leg ;))

Hope this helps

Last edited:

wonderbao

Oct 13, 2014
I'm having problems installing g-apps on iuni os as well. The phone always hang at welcome screen because settings crashes.
I'm currently using MIUI os, but prefer the iuni os.

mikeysteele

Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne
LeEco Le Pro3
I'm having problems installing g-apps on iuni os as well. The phone always hang at welcome screen because settings crashes.
I'm currently using MIUI os, but prefer the iuni os.

If you are using IUNI OS v2, you need to remove SetupWizard.apk from /system/priv-app after flashing, or remove it from the GAPPS zip prior to flashing.

I had Gapps working fine on the previous (buggy?) IUNI OS v3, but after upgrading to this one, I can flash the GAPPS package fine but the apps don't appear to be installed. Weird!

wonderbao

Oct 13, 2014
If you are using IUNI OS v2, you need to remove SetupWizard.apk from /system/priv-app after flashing, or remove it from the GAPPS zip prior to flashing.

I had Gapps working fine on the previous (buggy?) IUNI OS v3, but after upgrading to this one, I can flash the GAPPS package fine but the apps don't appear to be installed. Weird!

Thank you for your reply.

I now have the same problem as you, after flashing GAPPS, none of the apps appear.
Am using MIUI os from the link above right now.

Let me know if you find a solution.

Aug 17, 2013
Problem is there's not enough space left on the system partition to flash gapps on the latest IUNI OS v3 beta :(
The IUNI V3.0 ROM I shared on Google Drive is the latest production version not beta, it is better than Beta 3.06 because WhatsApp is working and it is the latest basband/firmware.

For the problem of the insufficient disk space, I have a solution:

There is a folder in most of official ROMs that you can remove safely (/system/sdcard), it contains the promotion videos and songs for IUNI U3. They are copoied to emulated storage during rom installation so they are not needed anymore because they are already there.
Delete this folder (need Root Access and file manager like Root Explorer) then there will not be space problem again (it is 250MB). Install The latest GAPPS by TKruzze, use mini/micro/pico no problem. I used pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150308-signed.zip and works perfectly. Here are new download page after TKruzze closed the thread:
http://www.androidrootz.com/2015/03/download-android-44x-kitkat-pa-gapps.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I build a rom few days ago for this device based on IUNI-U3-V3.0-201511271608 official.

Main features:
    - 100% Based on the latest official stock fully operational.
    - All apps and framework deodexed.
    - Removed system applications and Chinese do not consider essential.
    - Minimum gapps already integrated.
    - English Language and European time zone set from the beginning.
    - Root SuperSU added.
    - Added Vega Music app too.
    - Replaced the original keyboard by Google keyboard.
    - Script from alecuba16 and other settings to optimize battery consumption (verify that it works init.d)
    - App Any Cut integrated, to use the FM Radio (taking the shortcut).
    - App to restart in recovery / fastboot directly (Power button) mode.
    - Utility to lock the screen with a press (Lock).
    - Speaker and headphones volumes uploaded.
    - Changed emoji emoticons by more colorful.
    - Gmail app 100% compatible.

Other considerations:
    - The app Updater is not eliminated, it notifies you of new updates. If you want to keep the rom, decline.
    - ART mode 100% functional.
    - Use a tool to check that the init.d scripts are running.
    - I tried several recoverys and recommend TWRP 2.8.3.0.
    - To listen to music by headphones, turn off the DTS recommend.

ROM: UNI_U3_Nuvolari_v1.zip (774MB)
    RECOVERY RECOMMENDED: IUINI_U3_recovery TWRP_2.8.3.0.zip (14MB)
    New beta leaked.

Maybe not as smooth as latest MIUI but man, battery lasts much much longer.

For gapps, root using towelroot and remove 2 videos from system folder. (Don't remember where exactly), then flash Pico gapps for android 4.4 (works with stock recovery) :)
    Whatsapp workaround works, for notifications prermitt auto start :)

Iuni OS 20151112

This should be the changelog (using google translate):
    [phone] to change the way then hang up, then hang with the N1 way;
    increase iuni personal photo backup, cloud backup changes to "cloud blossoming," adds wifi automatic backup time is set;
    [Desktop] to optimize the system over animation, sound Desktop fluency;
    [browser] update your browser to the latest version, Home navigation;
    [camera] to optimize the camera focus speed;
    [other] system optimizes stability , bug fixes and other

Links:
    http://yunpan.cn/cLzxH6MgHHUwf pass: ef5c
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i30KJY1 pass: me95​
    Guys? Any progress? It sounded almost complete, now nothing is happening.
    pleeeeease make it :)
    Lineage 14.1 ril and mobile data fixed. Both sim cards and internet now works. Sound and camera on the roadmap. Very small time for development, sorry.
    Ok guys here are some different roms you can flash on your U3. They should be Chinese/English only, but normally on Miui roms you can use MoreLocale to translate 70 percent of the rom. I have added Dolby Atmos and Nubia Camera apps too.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...47&authkey=!AHZYiCQN4_xL3Sc&ithint=folder,zip
    Problem is there's not enough space left on the system partition to flash gapps on the latest IUNI OS v3 beta :(
    The IUNI V3.0 ROM I shared on Google Drive is the latest production version not beta, it is better than Beta 3.06 because WhatsApp is working and it is the latest basband/firmware.

For the problem of the insufficient disk space, I have a solution:

There is a folder in most of official ROMs that you can remove safely (/system/sdcard), it contains the promotion videos and songs for IUNI U3. They are copoied to emulated storage during rom installation so they are not needed anymore because they are already there.
    Delete this folder (need Root Access and file manager like Root Explorer) then there will not be space problem again (it is 250MB). Install The latest GAPPS by TKruzze, use mini/micro/pico no problem. I used pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150308-signed.zip and works perfectly. Here are new download page after TKruzze closed the thread:
    http://www.androidrootz.com/2015/03/download-android-44x-kitkat-pa-gapps.html
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone