IUNI U3 stock ROMs / updating / scripts / sources

Search This thread

djking2

Sep 22, 2012
I just recognized that there seems to be a new Rom version at the IuniOS site.
Strangely it has version number V3.0 but is dated 2015.09.28.
Unfortunately I can't download this Rom - maybe someone could share via a different channel.
Also could someone shed some light one the status of this Rom (is it an update?)
Here it is: h**ps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bHBpH-2WXUX0ZpeWFfVGVpWFk/view?usp=sharing

Niederlander

Aug 18, 2015
Thanks a lot

Here it is: h**ps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bHBpH-2WXUX0ZpeWFfVGVpWFk/view?usp=sharing

DJKING2 thank you - it worked.
Installed the update, rooted the phone (was new), installed CWM, supersu & root explorer, deleted /system/sdcard and installed pico GAPPS.
All is working and OS works feels file.

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
I have read some people complaining about the last firmware. There are some new roms coming out now, HBB IuniOS and HBB Miui (based on Ry9iu one), one HBB is Android 5.1 I think. There is also an Oppo IuniOS rom. I will try to put them all on my Onedrive, but uploading times are very looooong and I don't have so much time to stay in front of my PC. I got some issue with Google keyboard (both French and Pinyin one) sometimes it is working good, sometimes I need to press stronger and accurately for it to work properly.

Reactions: cichomitiko
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks Qiadmin for great effort

Have anyone tried MIUI7 or MIUI7 HBB and tell us his opinion? What are the bugs? How long is the battery life with respect to the latest official ROM?

Sent from my U3 using XDA Free mobile app

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
I am running Miui7 from Ry09iu and it works great, nothing to complain about, I don't know for battery life as I don't really check for this, I think it is ok. All the Chinese apps you can get rid of with titanium backup. I haven't tried Miui HBB yet, seems little bit more complicated than normal Miui with more apps added.

spaxon

Jun 25, 2009
Iuni OS battery is far better than MIUI...
With IUNI-U3-V2.0-201502050559 and IUNI-U3-V3.0-201507080116-BOBO - I can do over 6 hours of screen on time, but on MIUI 6 and 7, I cant lift 5 hours on it...

csfiatkos

Mar 31, 2014
ATHENS
I am running Miui7 from Ry09iu and it works great, nothing to complain about, I don't know for battery life as I don't really check for this, I think it is ok. All the Chinese apps you can get rid of with titanium backup. I haven't tried Miui HBB yet, seems little bit more complicated than normal Miui with more apps added.
I tried MIUI HBB, it wasn't rooted and I couldn't install Google play even though I installed the Google framework through iuni additional settings. Not satisfied at all and went back to 5.7.2 which I still use. I think I ll try the MIUI u say but all the times I tried to get rid of the Chinese apps, my device bricked and had to reinstall the rom.

Sent from my U3 using Tapatalk

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
I tried MIUI HBB, it wasn't rooted and I couldn't install Google play even though I installed the Google framework through iuni additional settings. Not satisfied at all and went back to 5.7.2 which I still use. I think I ll try the MIUI u say but all the times I tried to get rid of the Chinese apps, my device bricked and had to reinstall the rom.

I have installed Google Apps flashing them via recovery, same for SuperUser. I have no problem with Google Play, though the latest version seems to be for Android 5.0, and the Miui rom is still 4.4.4. There is a post here where you can check which Miui app you can get rid of without problem, though it is in Chinese, I will try to put it in onedrive too. I am still using some Chinese app, I am in China...

Aug 17, 2013
I have installed Google Apps flashing them via recovery, same for SuperUser. I have no problem with Google Play, though the latest version seems to be for Android 5.0, and the Miui rom is still 4.4.4. There is a post here where you can check which Miui app you can get rid of without problem, though it is in Chinese, I will try to put it in onedrive too. I am still using some Chinese app, I am in China...

I do not think there is Android 5.0 and IUNIOS team announced there will be no Lollipop for IUNI U3 although they release it for their new phone! They say the problem is with Qualcomm

If you mean MIUI HBB 5.0 is Android 5, I do not think so.

csfiatkos

Mar 31, 2014
ATHENS
I do not think there is Android 5.0 and IUNIOS team announced there will be no Lollipop for IUNI U3 although they release it for their new phone! They say the problem is with Qualcomm

If you mean MIUI HBB 5.0 is Android 5, I do not think so.

I believe he means that the Google play store is the version for the 5.0, not the whole rom.
The fact that iuni doesn't update the u3 obviously not caring for all of us who bought the device, is unbelievable. The excuse that the processor can't work with 5.0 for me is crap, since a lot of devices have the same processor and 3gb of ram are more than enough. They just wanna push the new device.

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
No there is no 5.0 rom, I have also made a mistake on one HBB rom in my onedrive, it is not lollipop, the dev tried to have a rom closer as possible to lollipop by adding some apps. I had an update for Google Play on my phone via a Chinese app but when I clicked on it it said the new version is for Android 5.0 so it should no work correctly on my phone. Yeah the excuse of Qualcomm not releasing source code is bull****. The fact is that (I presume) lot of people stopped working for Iuni, CEO left, probably many developers left as they were searching for new ones. And only N1 phone remains on their website.

csfiatkos

Mar 31, 2014
ATHENS
I installed the miui Rom from the drive I found here, it' OK, I installed super su too and uninstalled the Baidu app and some other Chinese but not miui apps. Very satisfied even though it didn't offer me anything else.

sschak

Aug 3, 2012
NEED help for this NEWBIE

Dear IUNI U3 Users,

I am a NEWBIE. So NEED HELP
I just got the IUNI U3 from China. (I am in Chennai, India). For the last 2 years I have been using Moto G, so I did not root my phone, since I had got regular updates. Since I had to part ways with my old phone I got this AWESOME phone.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE provide a step-by-step guide of how I can Root this device and install GAPPS.

my phone build number is : U3-V3.020150911

Chakkra

keckek

Mar 19, 2007
Dear IUNI U3 Users,

I just got the IUNI U3 from China. (I am in Chennai, India). For the last 2 years I have been using Moto G, so I did not root my phone, since I had got regular updates. Since I had to part ways with my old phone I got this AWESOME phone.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE provide a step-by-step guide of how I can Root this device and install GAPPS.

Chakkra

Follow these steps:
1. Boot to recovery: turn off, hold Volume up and power, keep pressing till recovery screen comes up.
2. Using recovery to flash supersu package. Attached.
3. Using recovery to flash CWM Recovery, then freely to flash cooked ROM. Attached.

Attachments

• BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • u3-cwm6.0.5.1.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 35

Niederlander

Aug 18, 2015
Dear IUNI U3 Users,

Chakkra

Hi Chakkra,

here is what I did (most described a view pages back in a post by prof_mastermind).
When I first turned on the phone and established wifi connection the phone updated OTA to the latest firmware (the same you have).
After that I installed CWM (see page 5 of this topic for files).
I rooted my phone using Kingo Root software
After rooting I installed Super SU and Root Explorer on the phone.
At this point I deleted /system/sdcard from the phone memory and installed pico GAPPs.
That's about what I did.
You can find more details if you read the rest of this topic and also links to software are mentioned in the topic.
Good luck.
Thomas

Reactions: sschak

sschak

Aug 3, 2012
Any ROM where I can "Encrypt" the Phone

Follow these steps:
1. Boot to recovery: turn off, hold Volume up and power, keep pressing till recovery screen comes up.
2. Using recovery to flash supersu package. Attached.
3. Using recovery to flash CWM Recovery, then freely to flash cooked ROM. Attached.

Thanks a TON to "keckek" and "Thomas" - for taking time in help me out to Root the device and installing GAPPS :)

I am planning to use this phone to receive OFFICE EMAILs, but as a company policy I need to ENCRYPT the phone first.
The default ROM does NOT have a ENCRYPT option (Whereas this option is available in other VANILLA Android versions).
Is there any Modded ROM which has this Option ?

In a post "Qidamin" had provided links to Several ROMs. Does anyone of these ROMs have the ENCRYPT Options ?
1. IUNI+U3+最新4.4.4+高仿oppo+卡刷包V1.0
2. IUNI-HBB-v8.5
3. IUNI-U3-HBB-V8.1-201510
4. IUNI-U3-HBB-v9.0-1024
5. MIUI7_U3_HBB_v5.0
6. MIUI7_U3_Ry09iu_5.9.14

Thanks a TON in advance.

BR
Chakkra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I build a rom few days ago for this device based on IUNI-U3-V3.0-201511271608 official.

Main features:
    - 100% Based on the latest official stock fully operational.
    - All apps and framework deodexed.
    - Removed system applications and Chinese do not consider essential.
    - Minimum gapps already integrated.
    - English Language and European time zone set from the beginning.
    - Root SuperSU added.
    - Added Vega Music app too.
    - Replaced the original keyboard by Google keyboard.
    - Script from alecuba16 and other settings to optimize battery consumption (verify that it works init.d)
    - App Any Cut integrated, to use the FM Radio (taking the shortcut).
    - App to restart in recovery / fastboot directly (Power button) mode.
    - Utility to lock the screen with a press (Lock).
    - Speaker and headphones volumes uploaded.
    - Changed emoji emoticons by more colorful.
    - Gmail app 100% compatible.

Other considerations:
    - The app Updater is not eliminated, it notifies you of new updates. If you want to keep the rom, decline.
    - ART mode 100% functional.
    - Use a tool to check that the init.d scripts are running.
    - I tried several recoverys and recommend TWRP 2.8.3.0.
    - To listen to music by headphones, turn off the DTS recommend.

ROM: UNI_U3_Nuvolari_v1.zip (774MB)
    RECOVERY RECOMMENDED: IUINI_U3_recovery TWRP_2.8.3.0.zip (14MB)
    New beta leaked.

Maybe not as smooth as latest MIUI but man, battery lasts much much longer.

For gapps, root using towelroot and remove 2 videos from system folder. (Don't remember where exactly), then flash Pico gapps for android 4.4 (works with stock recovery) :)
    Whatsapp workaround works, for notifications prermitt auto start :)

Iuni OS 20151112

This should be the changelog (using google translate):
    [phone] to change the way then hang up, then hang with the N1 way;
    increase iuni personal photo backup, cloud backup changes to "cloud blossoming," adds wifi automatic backup time is set;
    [Desktop] to optimize the system over animation, sound Desktop fluency;
    [browser] update your browser to the latest version, Home navigation;
    [camera] to optimize the camera focus speed;
    [other] system optimizes stability , bug fixes and other

Links:
    http://yunpan.cn/cLzxH6MgHHUwf pass: ef5c
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i30KJY1 pass: me95​
    Guys? Any progress? It sounded almost complete, now nothing is happening.
    pleeeeease make it :)
    Lineage 14.1 ril and mobile data fixed. Both sim cards and internet now works. Sound and camera on the roadmap. Very small time for development, sorry.
    Ok guys here are some different roms you can flash on your U3. They should be Chinese/English only, but normally on Miui roms you can use MoreLocale to translate 70 percent of the rom. I have added Dolby Atmos and Nubia Camera apps too.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...47&authkey=!AHZYiCQN4_xL3Sc&ithint=folder,zip
    Problem is there's not enough space left on the system partition to flash gapps on the latest IUNI OS v3 beta :(
    The IUNI V3.0 ROM I shared on Google Drive is the latest production version not beta, it is better than Beta 3.06 because WhatsApp is working and it is the latest basband/firmware.

For the problem of the insufficient disk space, I have a solution:

There is a folder in most of official ROMs that you can remove safely (/system/sdcard), it contains the promotion videos and songs for IUNI U3. They are copoied to emulated storage during rom installation so they are not needed anymore because they are already there.
    Delete this folder (need Root Access and file manager like Root Explorer) then there will not be space problem again (it is 250MB). Install The latest GAPPS by TKruzze, use mini/micro/pico no problem. I used pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150308-signed.zip and works perfectly. Here are new download page after TKruzze closed the thread:
    http://www.androidrootz.com/2015/03/download-android-44x-kitkat-pa-gapps.html