IUNI U3 stock ROMs / updating / scripts / sources

Search This thread

FavaroUzumaki

Jun 21, 2015
Hello,

I need Help , how can i install Tictoc on my Iuni U3 , Iuni OS 3.0.6 Beta is easy to install from Google Play .
but in the newest Version 3.0 i cant install it why ? :(

sschak

Aug 3, 2012
Can anyone Port ROM of LG G3 ?

Since the Hardware Specs are 99% similar between LG G3 and IUNI U3, has anyone made efforts to PORT G3's ROM to IUNI U3 ?

Is it even possible ??

Just wishful thinking.

IUNI U3 is just awesome, since the "DEVICE ENCRYPTION" is NOT available in ALL the available ROMs (am I Wrong ??), I am NOT able to use this phone as my daily device to office :(

Can any one help me ??

Dexcellium

May 5, 2013
Nice
Since the Hardware Specs are 99% similar between LG G3 and IUNI U3, has anyone made efforts to PORT G3's ROM to IUNI U3 ?

Is it even possible ??

Just wishful thinking.

IUNI U3 is just awesome, since the "DEVICE ENCRYPTION" is NOT available in ALL the available ROMs (am I Wrong ??), I am NOT able to use this phone as my daily device to office :(

Can any one help me ??

Well even if nobody couldn't/wanted to port Android AOSP, i doubt that someone will port the LG's ROM :(

Aug 17, 2013
I tried with Chinese Amazon(called Taobao) using one of taobao international agents (like taobaoring.com or bhiner.com) but there is a problem to ship battery by air to Egypt.

So what to do:

1- go to Taobao.com and search for battery (BL-N3000b) choose one and copy URL

2- go to agent like Bhiner or taobaoring and create account and add the link from step 1

3. checkout

Hope you can get it in your country

Sent from my U3 using XDA Free mobile app

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
Reactions: mikeysteele

mikeysteele

Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne
LeEco Le Pro3

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
Well, looking at the changelog, changes are very very small...and people do not seem really happy about that! (small changes I mean)

I haven't tried other rom for U3, just the Miui, so I can not say anything about other roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeysteele
Aug 17, 2013
Well, looking at the changelog, changes are very very small...and people do not seem really happy about that! (small changes I mean)

I haven't tried other rom for U3, just the Miui, so I can not say anything about other roms.

Agree, I think IUNI OS reached end of development for IUNI U3 and we are totaly scre**d :mad: It is why we should not buy another Chinese mobile produced for Chinese markets only. Even great HW worth nothing with no SW development in the same level.

fernipro

Jan 31, 2016
Anyone getting "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped" on their U3 since the last Google Play update? Version 8.4.89 seems to be the problem, but if you uninstall updates it works fine. Problem is that Google Play service then updates itself again...!

I have exactly the same problem, every few seconds it appears the message in the middle of the screen, its impossible to do anything. Does anybody have a solution?

mikeysteele

Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne
LeEco Le Pro3
Agree, I think IUNI OS reached end of development for IUNI U3 and we are totaly scre**d :mad: It is why we should not buy another Chinese mobile produced for Chinese markets only. Even great HW worth nothing with no SW development in the same level.
It's a shame, the only problem with this device is its stuck on KitKat with a half-baked OS. MIUI is a better choice in my opinion (but still KK).

azxcsdwe

Aug 24, 2012
IUNI U3 new official

hey guys,i'm a user of IUNI U3 from china ,today i found that the official Rom for this device were upgraded on 26st jan,so here's link h t t p : / /pan.baidu.com/s/1eRhRib4, and have fun,damn i can't send link here ,so here's a picture instead

Aug 17, 2013
It's a shame, the only problem with this device is its stuck on KitKat with a half-baked OS. MIUI is a better choice in my opinion (but still KK).

I used MIUI 2 or 3 times with U3 and my old Jiayu G3. It is a good ROM for chinese user only in my opinion. The Chinese components integrated into the ROM are useless outside China.

Can you tell me why you prefer MIUI over IUNI for U3? What are the advantages and disadvantage??

I am not satisfied with IUNI OS of course, I have a headache of Google Contacts Sync not working properly. But just 4 or 5 Chinese bloatware which are not deeply integrated in the launcher is not a big issue. I remove them as soon as I install a new ROM.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

hey guys,i'm a user of IUNI U3 from china ,today i found that the official Rom for this device were upgraded on 26st jan,so here's link h t t p : / /pan.baidu.com/s/1eRhRib4, and have fun,damn i can't send link here ,so here's a picture instead

Thanks azxcsdwe. It will be a great idea to tell us if there is news from Chinese IUNI forums or any new custom ROMs

By the way, we have a problem with pan baidu outside China. It is almost not working at all.

mikeysteele

Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne
LeEco Le Pro3
I used MIUI 2 or 3 times with U3 and my old Jiayu G3. It is a good ROM for chinese user only in my opinion. The Chinese components integrated into the ROM are useless outside China.

Can you tell me why you prefer MIUI over IUNI for U3? What are the advantages and disadvantage??

I am not satisfied with IUNI OS of course, I have a headache of Google Contacts Sync not working properly. But just 4 or 5 Chinese bloatware which are not deeply integrated in the launcher is not a big issue. I remove them as soon as I install a new ROM.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Thanks azxcsdwe. It will be a great idea to tell us if there is news from Chinese IUNI forums or any new custom ROMs

By the way, we have a problem with pan baidu outside China. It is almost not working at all.

It's all subjective I guess, but for me, MIUI is a far more polished and consistent UI skin, where IUNI OS isn't. Also, maybe it's just my luck, but I've never had problems with WhatsApp/Google on MIUI, but often do on IUNI OS.

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
It seems that the last Iuni version is not that good, people having force closes with some apps (like QQ for example). For such small changes I don't think it worth the upgrade.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I build a rom few days ago for this device based on IUNI-U3-V3.0-201511271608 official.

Main features:
    - 100% Based on the latest official stock fully operational.
    - All apps and framework deodexed.
    - Removed system applications and Chinese do not consider essential.
    - Minimum gapps already integrated.
    - English Language and European time zone set from the beginning.
    - Root SuperSU added.
    - Added Vega Music app too.
    - Replaced the original keyboard by Google keyboard.
    - Script from alecuba16 and other settings to optimize battery consumption (verify that it works init.d)
    - App Any Cut integrated, to use the FM Radio (taking the shortcut).
    - App to restart in recovery / fastboot directly (Power button) mode.
    - Utility to lock the screen with a press (Lock).
    - Speaker and headphones volumes uploaded.
    - Changed emoji emoticons by more colorful.
    - Gmail app 100% compatible.

Other considerations:
    - The app Updater is not eliminated, it notifies you of new updates. If you want to keep the rom, decline.
    - ART mode 100% functional.
    - Use a tool to check that the init.d scripts are running.
    - I tried several recoverys and recommend TWRP 2.8.3.0.
    - To listen to music by headphones, turn off the DTS recommend.

ROM: UNI_U3_Nuvolari_v1.zip (774MB)
    RECOVERY RECOMMENDED: IUINI_U3_recovery TWRP_2.8.3.0.zip (14MB)
    New beta leaked.

Maybe not as smooth as latest MIUI but man, battery lasts much much longer.

For gapps, root using towelroot and remove 2 videos from system folder. (Don't remember where exactly), then flash Pico gapps for android 4.4 (works with stock recovery) :)
    Whatsapp workaround works, for notifications prermitt auto start :)

Iuni OS 20151112

This should be the changelog (using google translate):
    [phone] to change the way then hang up, then hang with the N1 way;
    increase iuni personal photo backup, cloud backup changes to "cloud blossoming," adds wifi automatic backup time is set;
    [Desktop] to optimize the system over animation, sound Desktop fluency;
    [browser] update your browser to the latest version, Home navigation;
    [camera] to optimize the camera focus speed;
    [other] system optimizes stability , bug fixes and other

Links:
    http://yunpan.cn/cLzxH6MgHHUwf pass: ef5c
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i30KJY1 pass: me95​
    Guys? Any progress? It sounded almost complete, now nothing is happening.
    pleeeeease make it :)
    Lineage 14.1 ril and mobile data fixed. Both sim cards and internet now works. Sound and camera on the roadmap. Very small time for development, sorry.
    Ok guys here are some different roms you can flash on your U3. They should be Chinese/English only, but normally on Miui roms you can use MoreLocale to translate 70 percent of the rom. I have added Dolby Atmos and Nubia Camera apps too.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...47&authkey=!AHZYiCQN4_xL3Sc&ithint=folder,zip
    Problem is there's not enough space left on the system partition to flash gapps on the latest IUNI OS v3 beta :(
    The IUNI V3.0 ROM I shared on Google Drive is the latest production version not beta, it is better than Beta 3.06 because WhatsApp is working and it is the latest basband/firmware.

For the problem of the insufficient disk space, I have a solution:

There is a folder in most of official ROMs that you can remove safely (/system/sdcard), it contains the promotion videos and songs for IUNI U3. They are copoied to emulated storage during rom installation so they are not needed anymore because they are already there.
    Delete this folder (need Root Access and file manager like Root Explorer) then there will not be space problem again (it is 250MB). Install The latest GAPPS by TKruzze, use mini/micro/pico no problem. I used pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150308-signed.zip and works perfectly. Here are new download page after TKruzze closed the thread:
    http://www.androidrootz.com/2015/03/download-android-44x-kitkat-pa-gapps.html