IUNI U3 stock ROMs / updating / scripts / sources

Search This thread

spaxon

Jun 25, 2009
@Qidamin
When will be Iuni OS 2.0 version if you know? It will be totally different from 3.0 and I hope a lot better and without bugs...

Sent from my U3 using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2013
It seems that the last Iuni version is not that good, people having force closes with some apps (like QQ for example). For such small changes I don't think it worth the upgrade.

I noticed some crashes but not serious problem, I do not use QQ. I am thinking about MIUI right now.
@spaxon
Do not know about new version of IUNI OS because I stopped logging into Chinese forums a while ago. When it will be available? What are the new features?

Sent from my U3 using XDA Free mobile app

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
For Iuni 2.0 they said on the 15th of January that the beta should come soon (!)...I don't know what it means with Iuni. Miui has been updated to 6.2.4 now on the 4th of February (latest version).

FoodGood

Dec 3, 2011
Help

Guys..
Can someone give me a link to IUNI U3 OS version that Whatsapp is actually works on?
I have the problem that after phone verification, I can't set my profile..it says "unable to connect please try again later"
I read here that the good version is V3.0.05-2015041
I'm not from China, and I can't download from Baidu - I Don't know what to do

Please Help

Aug 17, 2013
Guys..
Can someone give me a link to IUNI U3 OS version that Whatsapp is actually works on?
I have the problem that after phone verification, I can't set my profile..it says "unable to connect please try again later"
I read here that the good version is V3.0.05-2015041
I'm not from China, and I can't download from Baidu - I Don't know what to do

Please Help

We are using production version with no problem of WhatsApp, the one you are refering to V3.0.5 is Beta and the development of betas seem less than produxtion now!!.

You can use the production version @Qiadmin shared: IUNI-U3-V3.0-201511271608
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AHZYiCQN4_xL3Sc&id=E43D3903B25FDE38!447&cid=E43D3903B25FDE38

It is one version before latest but do not have the problem of crashes as the latest.

If you want to try latest beta and tell us your feedback, and if WhatsApp is working: iuni_U3_20151112 beta

http://yunpan.cn/cLzxH6MgHHUwf
access password ef5c

FoodGood

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks prof_mastermind and Qidamin

I tried MIUI (someone gave a link on this thread - I think a Russian guy ported the MIUI) , and the phone got hot after installing Google Play
That is why I got back to IUNI OS, but I'll give a chance to the new version of MIUI

prof_mastermind - Does this drive update regularly?

P.S

Forgot to say that with MIUI, the phone didn't load after reboot

UPDATE:
IUNI-U3-V3.0-201511271608 -
com.android.keyguard has stopped
com.android.systemui has stopped - of course that the phone not working

MIUI7_U3_Ry09iu_6.2.4 - No Keyboard

I'll try iuni_U3_20151112 beta

Last edited:

mikeysteele

Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne
LeEco Le Pro3
Thanks prof_mastermind and Qidamin

I tried MIUI (someone gave a link on this thread - I think a Russian guy ported the MIUI) , and the phone got hot after installing Google Play
That is why I got back to IUNI OS, but I'll give a chance to the new version of MIUI

prof_mastermind - Does this drive update regularly?

P.S

Forgot to say that with MIUI, the phone didn't load after reboot

UPDATE:
IUNI-U3-V3.0-201511271608 -
com.android.keyguard has stopped
com.android.systemui has stopped - of course that the phone not working

MIUI7_U3_Ry09iu_6.2.4 - No Keyboard

I'll try iuni_U3_20151112 beta

I'm using MIUI 7 6.1.19 and it's worked beautifully for me so far. Been running it for over a week, and this is the most I've ever used this phone.

FoodGood

Dec 3, 2011
I'm using MIUI 7 6.1.19 and it's worked beautifully for me so far. Been running it for over a week, and this is the most I've ever used this phone.

Thanks a lot
I have the MIUI 6.2.4, and I was lucky to have swiftkey on my SD, so the keyboard problem was fixed, but it crushes a lot on other things
I'll give 6.1.19 a shot

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
Don't forget to wipe cache every time you install new rom, and wipe all is even better to start with a clean install. The keyboard should be Chinese one in Miui, I have installed Google one's and no problem, every Miui version were running fine for me, using More Locale to turn it into French.

Aug 17, 2013
Hi all

After being tired of IUNIOS bugs, I decided to move to MIUI7. From discussion it seemed the best ROM! Better than Stock!!!

I compared the latest stock ROM(production version) with MIUI 6.2.4 (based on development v3.06) that was latest then. I found it is on latest version of libraries except for some missing libs and Aurora Camera is lower version. Also compared Gapps pico with MIUI and found that some frameworks are missing!! and Google play and calendar sync are at lower version.

I just installed the latest 6.2.24 yesterday. It was fresh out. I backed up all my apps+data and installed the fresh ROM then I restored my Apps.

The ROM is good, just needed updating Google Play to latest version. Also I noticed Aurora Camera is not the latest so I updated ae to ah version, of course I removed Chinese Apps, they were 5 of them in addition to Chinese Yellow pages integrated in ROM.
After usage I discovered MIUI bloatware I won't need. I removed them:
MIUI Account, wallet, cloud, Radio, Games, home, credit, email, VIP and video(they are 11 some have more than 1 apk).
I decided to replace MIUI notes by IUNI note...

Google Contacts Sync is now working properly. Nothing to say about ROM for now except minor things like Google Calendar Sync outdated, also I use Chrooma keyboard which is laggy (I will try Google L keyboard and see if it is the same).

Reactions: thhaque

spaxon

Jun 25, 2009
If you use xposed framework on Miui 7, than google keyboard is laggy. You can use WSM Tools as replace, all modules work same as xposed, but there is no lag on WSM... By the way, Miui 7 from ryiu is far better than Iuni os. I hope that 2.0 version Iuni os in the near future will be good and stable and without bugs...

Sent from my U3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: prof_mastermind

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
I will try to upload, it is on my computer, I have already tried but my connection is very slow. This rom you have should already be ok, I don't know if you will get more flashing the latest 6.2.24. It is from the same developer by the way (Ry09iu).

Reactions: akrukau

akrukau

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks!
I would like to flash the new Rom. I have some problems with opening videos in Whatsapp
and opening contacts. Wiping cache and dalvik cache did not help.

I will try to upload, it is on my computer, I have already tried but my connection is very slow. This rom you have should already be ok, I don't know if you will get more flashing the latest 6.2.24. It is from the same developer by the way (Ry09iu).

Last edited:

akrukau

Oct 15, 2008
Hi,
I also installed the 6.2.24 and I tried to get rid of the Chinese Apps. How can I do that?
Just to deactivate them can not be the solution. After a while they are active again (I have
no idea why) and I did not found a way to delete them.
Can you please give instructions how to delete them by 100%?
Thanks a lot

Hi all

After being tired of IUNIOS bugs, I decided to move to MIUI7. From discussion it seemed the best ROM! Better than Stock!!!

I compared the latest stock ROM(production version) with MIUI 6.2.4 (based on development v3.06) that was latest then. I found it is on latest version of libraries except for some missing libs and Aurora Camera is lower version. Also compared Gapps pico with MIUI and found that some frameworks are missing!! and Google play and calendar sync are at lower version.

I just installed the latest 6.2.24 yesterday. It was fresh out. I backed up all my apps+data and installed the fresh ROM then I restored my Apps.

The ROM is good, just needed updating Google Play to latest version. Also I noticed Aurora Camera is not the latest so I updated ae to ah version, of course I removed Chinese Apps, they were 5 of them in addition to Chinese Yellow pages integrated in ROM.
After usage I discovered MIUI bloatware I won't need. I removed them:
MIUI Account, wallet, cloud, Radio, Games, home, credit, email, VIP and video(they are 11 some have more than 1 apk).
I decided to replace MIUI notes by IUNI note...

Google Contacts Sync is now working properly. Nothing to say about ROM for now except minor things like Google Calendar Sync outdated, also I use Chrooma keyboard which is laggy (I will try Google L keyboard and see if it is the same).

Aug 17, 2013
Hi @akrukau

You can uninstall them by deleting apk files from /system/app & /system/private-app using file manager with root access like Root Explorer.

Or you better use an application called Titanium Backup. You install this app, and give it root permissions from Security>permissions>root access and check Titanium Backup.

Go to application and you may take up a backup of apps you want to uninstall in case something wrong happened. You can uninstall them safely then.

Reactions: akrukau

thhaque

Mar 10, 2016
IUNI u3

Please provide me some solution of GAPPS. As it always showed up " unfortunately google play service has been stopped working" while using any gapps .

Is there any better version which i can shift into ? ( if there is then please give me the link and how to do it )

Currently I am using
Os version: U3 v2.0-20140930
kernel version 3.4.0-svn75984.

waiting for your suggestion and rely guys and thanks in advance!

mikeysteele

Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne
LeEco Le Pro3
Please provide me some solution of GAPPS. As it always showed up " unfortunately google play service has been stopped working" while using any gapps .

Is there any better version which i can shift into ? ( if there is then please give me the link and how to do it )

Currently I am using
Os version: U3 v2.0-20140930
kernel version 3.4.0-svn75984.

waiting for your suggestion and rely guys and thanks in advance!

I honestly suggest just flashing MIUI and being rid of IUNI OS for good. Under MIUI, everything just works as it should.

Otherwise, upgrading to IUNI OS v3 should fix your Google Play services.

Reactions: thhaque

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I build a rom few days ago for this device based on IUNI-U3-V3.0-201511271608 official.

Main features:
    - 100% Based on the latest official stock fully operational.
    - All apps and framework deodexed.
    - Removed system applications and Chinese do not consider essential.
    - Minimum gapps already integrated.
    - English Language and European time zone set from the beginning.
    - Root SuperSU added.
    - Added Vega Music app too.
    - Replaced the original keyboard by Google keyboard.
    - Script from alecuba16 and other settings to optimize battery consumption (verify that it works init.d)
    - App Any Cut integrated, to use the FM Radio (taking the shortcut).
    - App to restart in recovery / fastboot directly (Power button) mode.
    - Utility to lock the screen with a press (Lock).
    - Speaker and headphones volumes uploaded.
    - Changed emoji emoticons by more colorful.
    - Gmail app 100% compatible.

Other considerations:
    - The app Updater is not eliminated, it notifies you of new updates. If you want to keep the rom, decline.
    - ART mode 100% functional.
    - Use a tool to check that the init.d scripts are running.
    - I tried several recoverys and recommend TWRP 2.8.3.0.
    - To listen to music by headphones, turn off the DTS recommend.

ROM: UNI_U3_Nuvolari_v1.zip (774MB)
    RECOVERY RECOMMENDED: IUINI_U3_recovery TWRP_2.8.3.0.zip (14MB)
    New beta leaked.

Maybe not as smooth as latest MIUI but man, battery lasts much much longer.

For gapps, root using towelroot and remove 2 videos from system folder. (Don't remember where exactly), then flash Pico gapps for android 4.4 (works with stock recovery) :)
    Whatsapp workaround works, for notifications prermitt auto start :)

Iuni OS 20151112

This should be the changelog (using google translate):
    [phone] to change the way then hang up, then hang with the N1 way;
    increase iuni personal photo backup, cloud backup changes to "cloud blossoming," adds wifi automatic backup time is set;
    [Desktop] to optimize the system over animation, sound Desktop fluency;
    [browser] update your browser to the latest version, Home navigation;
    [camera] to optimize the camera focus speed;
    [other] system optimizes stability , bug fixes and other

Links:
    http://yunpan.cn/cLzxH6MgHHUwf pass: ef5c
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i30KJY1 pass: me95​
    Guys? Any progress? It sounded almost complete, now nothing is happening.
    pleeeeease make it :)
    Lineage 14.1 ril and mobile data fixed. Both sim cards and internet now works. Sound and camera on the roadmap. Very small time for development, sorry.
    Ok guys here are some different roms you can flash on your U3. They should be Chinese/English only, but normally on Miui roms you can use MoreLocale to translate 70 percent of the rom. I have added Dolby Atmos and Nubia Camera apps too.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...47&authkey=!AHZYiCQN4_xL3Sc&ithint=folder,zip
    Problem is there's not enough space left on the system partition to flash gapps on the latest IUNI OS v3 beta :(
    The IUNI V3.0 ROM I shared on Google Drive is the latest production version not beta, it is better than Beta 3.06 because WhatsApp is working and it is the latest basband/firmware.

For the problem of the insufficient disk space, I have a solution:

There is a folder in most of official ROMs that you can remove safely (/system/sdcard), it contains the promotion videos and songs for IUNI U3. They are copoied to emulated storage during rom installation so they are not needed anymore because they are already there.
    Delete this folder (need Root Access and file manager like Root Explorer) then there will not be space problem again (it is 250MB). Install The latest GAPPS by TKruzze, use mini/micro/pico no problem. I used pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150308-signed.zip and works perfectly. Here are new download page after TKruzze closed the thread:
    http://www.androidrootz.com/2015/03/download-android-44x-kitkat-pa-gapps.html