IUNI U3 stock ROMs / updating / scripts / sources

Search This thread

thhaque

Mar 10, 2016
IUNI U3

I honestly suggest just flashing MIUI and being rid of IUNI OS for good. Under MIUI, everything just works as it should.

Otherwise, upgrading to IUNI OS v3 should fix your Google Play services.

Thanks mate, for all the help and support, all problem is solved after using miui 6.2.4....(gapps works perfectly) :)

Last edited:

hanakogurl

Apr 11, 2012
Erm is anybody has the whetstone problem after using miui 6.2.4?, it pop up every often and it's irritating, help me please, thanks

spaxon

Jun 25, 2009
Yes, it was iritating whetstone error, so I was reinstall miui 6.2.4 and now it is fine, but till how long?

Sent from my U3 using Tapatalk

azxcsdwe

Aug 24, 2012
IUNI U3 kernel Driver

hello guys, today i found the IUNI U3 kernel Driver on github,it's a big news ,because we been asking to their official for that so many times!!! We almost lost our hope until this!
here's the link,please some body go check it,thanks!

Reactions: Hursty uk
Aug 17, 2013
Hello guys

I have upgraded to MIUI v6.4.10 five days ago. It seems more stable with less heat, so far so good.

Regarding the kernel sources, I think we should check the Chinese forums first to be sure these are not fake. I will check and if I find anything about the sources, gonna inform you.

Greetings

Aug 17, 2013
Sounds like good news then ! Hopefully lollipop is on the way :eek:

I checked the Chinese Forums bbs.iuni.com & bbs.iunios.com and unfortunately they have no news for U3 since the January bad SW upgrade:crying:

The github sources says forked from OnePlus One sources! it is not true source from IUNI. The user who made the form seems trying to run this kernel one IUNI U3 for a while. Unfortunately, it is not truly the kernel sources suitable with U3.:mad:

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016
Hello,

The kernel isn't official, IUNI and Gionee categorically refused to release sources. I apologize for the false joy.

However... Some Gionee's phones are re-branded, and among them, some have agreed to release sources like General Mobile (thanks to burakgon, feroxxx, and all others who worked on it) and BLU with the model Life Pure XL. This models are a rebranded Gionee Elife E7. On those kernels some drivers and others are missing.

The kernel on the GitHub is a fork of the work of feroxx, with some elements of the BLU sources like the camera drivers, and others from official constructors like synaptics for the touchscreen drivers for example.

Dtsi files was made thanks to the tutorial of ketut.kumajaya with meld to compare and reconstruct files one by one. Actually DTSIs aren't perfectly like the original, it's not finished, but the compiled dt.img works on an original recovery. It's a good signs.
Many specifics dtsi files was constructed like the 2k Sharp and Truly screen or LG battery...

Currently the work must be concentrated especially at the kernel image. It boots with TWRP 3.x based on OmniRom 5.1, the mtp and adb works but the screen is black. So it's possible to do a dmesg, here is the log in attachment .

We are two on the project, alecuba16 and I. We have only a few time of investment on it unfortunately. :'(

So if anyone wishing to help is very welcome ! :)

Attachments

• dmesg.log
    350.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Reactions: spaxon

Hursty uk

May 25, 2013
leicester
Nothing Phone 1
I checked the Chinese Forums bbs.iuni.com & bbs.iunios.com and unfortunately they have no news for U3 since the January bad SW upgrade:crying:

The github sources says forked from OnePlus One sources! it is not true source from IUNI. The user who made the form seems trying to run this kernel one IUNI U3 for a while. Unfortunately, it is not truly the kernel sources suitable with U3.:mad:

That's a shame :crying: oh well just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope iuni release an update .

spaxon

Jun 25, 2009
Hello,

The kernel isn't official, IUNI and Gionee categorically refused to release sources. I apologize for the false joy.

However... Some Gionee's phones are re-branded, and among them, some have agreed to release sources like General Mobile (thanks to burakgon, feroxxx, and all others who worked on it) and BLU with the model Life Pure XL. This models are a rebranded Gionee Elife E7. On those kernels some drivers and others are missing.

The kernel on the GitHub is a fork of the work of feroxx, with some elements of the BLU sources like the camera drivers, and others from official constructors like synaptics for the touchscreen drivers for example.

Dtsi files was made thanks to the tutorial of ketut.kumajaya with meld to compare and reconstruct files one by one. Actually DTSIs aren't perfectly like the original, it's not finished, but the compiled dt.img works on an original recovery. It's a good signs.
Many specifics dtsi files was constructed like the 2k Sharp and Truly screen or LG battery...

Currently the work must be concentrated especially at the kernel image. It boots with TWRP 3.x based on OmniRom 5.1, the mtp and adb works but the screen is black. So it's possible to do a dmesg, here is the log in attachment .

We are two on the project, alecuba16 and I. We have only a few time of investment on it unfortunately. :'(

So if anyone wishing to help is very welcome ! :)
Abdess you are our man, good luck!!!

Sent from my Iuni U3 using Tapatalk

spaxon

Jun 25, 2009
CM11 for Iuni U3

This is CM11 (calls works) older but smoother version and bugs are:
WIFI not work, camera not work, sensors, memory unavailable
Download link: https://yadi.sk/d/WhxS3b7ArKG5f
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4178487392?lp=5028&mo_device=1&is_jingpost=1

Newer version CM11 (wifi works very well) but interface not so smooth as older ver.:
bugs: (translate by google)
1. Can not answer the phone, call the dial-up interface will stop running in the notification bar to hang up
2. Input interface can not directly set the default input method, the setting will stop running, please set the default input method settings in the switch
3. Camera to take pictures more noise, sometimes stopped running.
4. Interface response Pianman close animation to open the force GPU rendering will improve
art mode can be switched normally use new UI, set the theme --- --- guava UI --- --- select all the options applied
Download link: https://yadi.sk/d/Q3gn1c-JrFdgV
http://bbs.iunios.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=92218

If someone can fix some of these bugs...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I build a rom few days ago for this device based on IUNI-U3-V3.0-201511271608 official.

Main features:
    - 100% Based on the latest official stock fully operational.
    - All apps and framework deodexed.
    - Removed system applications and Chinese do not consider essential.
    - Minimum gapps already integrated.
    - English Language and European time zone set from the beginning.
    - Root SuperSU added.
    - Added Vega Music app too.
    - Replaced the original keyboard by Google keyboard.
    - Script from alecuba16 and other settings to optimize battery consumption (verify that it works init.d)
    - App Any Cut integrated, to use the FM Radio (taking the shortcut).
    - App to restart in recovery / fastboot directly (Power button) mode.
    - Utility to lock the screen with a press (Lock).
    - Speaker and headphones volumes uploaded.
    - Changed emoji emoticons by more colorful.
    - Gmail app 100% compatible.

Other considerations:
    - The app Updater is not eliminated, it notifies you of new updates. If you want to keep the rom, decline.
    - ART mode 100% functional.
    - Use a tool to check that the init.d scripts are running.
    - I tried several recoverys and recommend TWRP 2.8.3.0.
    - To listen to music by headphones, turn off the DTS recommend.

ROM: UNI_U3_Nuvolari_v1.zip (774MB)
    RECOVERY RECOMMENDED: IUINI_U3_recovery TWRP_2.8.3.0.zip (14MB)
    New beta leaked.

Maybe not as smooth as latest MIUI but man, battery lasts much much longer.

For gapps, root using towelroot and remove 2 videos from system folder. (Don't remember where exactly), then flash Pico gapps for android 4.4 (works with stock recovery) :)
    Whatsapp workaround works, for notifications prermitt auto start :)

Iuni OS 20151112

This should be the changelog (using google translate):
    [phone] to change the way then hang up, then hang with the N1 way;
    increase iuni personal photo backup, cloud backup changes to "cloud blossoming," adds wifi automatic backup time is set;
    [Desktop] to optimize the system over animation, sound Desktop fluency;
    [browser] update your browser to the latest version, Home navigation;
    [camera] to optimize the camera focus speed;
    [other] system optimizes stability , bug fixes and other

Links:
    http://yunpan.cn/cLzxH6MgHHUwf pass: ef5c
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i30KJY1 pass: me95​
    Guys? Any progress? It sounded almost complete, now nothing is happening.
    pleeeeease make it :)
    Lineage 14.1 ril and mobile data fixed. Both sim cards and internet now works. Sound and camera on the roadmap. Very small time for development, sorry.
    Ok guys here are some different roms you can flash on your U3. They should be Chinese/English only, but normally on Miui roms you can use MoreLocale to translate 70 percent of the rom. I have added Dolby Atmos and Nubia Camera apps too.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...47&authkey=!AHZYiCQN4_xL3Sc&ithint=folder,zip
    Problem is there's not enough space left on the system partition to flash gapps on the latest IUNI OS v3 beta :(
    The IUNI V3.0 ROM I shared on Google Drive is the latest production version not beta, it is better than Beta 3.06 because WhatsApp is working and it is the latest basband/firmware.

For the problem of the insufficient disk space, I have a solution:

There is a folder in most of official ROMs that you can remove safely (/system/sdcard), it contains the promotion videos and songs for IUNI U3. They are copoied to emulated storage during rom installation so they are not needed anymore because they are already there.
    Delete this folder (need Root Access and file manager like Root Explorer) then there will not be space problem again (it is 250MB). Install The latest GAPPS by TKruzze, use mini/micro/pico no problem. I used pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150308-signed.zip and works perfectly. Here are new download page after TKruzze closed the thread:
    http://www.androidrootz.com/2015/03/download-android-44x-kitkat-pa-gapps.html