• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

I've bricked my honor 5x

Search This thread

Target1920

Feb 27, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm from Poland and I've got for two days Honor 5x with KIW-L21. I want to hide navigation bar with tutorial on this forum, so I made this steps:
1. I unlocked the bootoloader- working
2. I made the root with some spanish tutorial- working
3. The phone is working, I've checked if the root is installed properly- is ok.
4. I DON'T KNOW WHY I want to made one more facotry reset from menu.
5. After I make it the phone starts only on recovery mode.
6. I DON'T KNOW WHY I wipe all of data also with system...

So there is no os or anything on phone right now. I've downloaded the official update.app from this forum to KIW-L21, putted it to folder dload on sdcard, and when I try to install It with combination power+ volume+ + volume- system says only "Installation failed".
Also I've kicked out twrp and stock recovery is booting, and when I try to wipe data, It's also saying that is problem to wipe the data.
Please help me with some issues to made this great phone alive..

Target1920

Feb 27, 2016
Alright, I finally unbrick the phone- I downloaded extracted rom and manually flashed it with fastboot. I've found tutorial on polish site how to do it, but there is also english version of manual if you have the same problem.

Target1920

Feb 27, 2016
my phone is bricked also .. can you write out what you did ???:fingers-crossed:
Hello @averyg here you go:

http://forum.android.com.pl/topic/205126-instalacjaodzyskiwanie-systemu-rom-za-pomoca-fastboot/

This is the polish version of manual, I will write you how to do it:
1. Download ADB and Fastboot
2. Extract to c:/adb
3. Download from this thread firmware for you (extracted version!) http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5x/development/stock-kiw-l24-l21-t3312684 If you have problem what firmware you have to install, take look at the back side of phone, at the down you will se KIW-L21 or 24 (or another). Copy all files to adb folder
4. Rund adb program
5. Write in the command line: cd c:/adb
6. Connect phone to usb to download mode (power and vol- combination)
7. Write in fastboot command: fastboot flash recovery recover.img (or recovrey .img, see the file and type it name) - wait for install
8. And now: If the flash is succesfull, reboot the phone to recovery (power and volume+) and wipe all data. Phone have to work.
But if flash is not succesfull, plug again usb with download mode
9. Write this commands: fastboot flash cust cust.img -wait for install
and: fastboot flash system system.img -also wait, system.img can took a while
10. Now you will enter recovery and wipe all data
11. Again plug usb cable and install firmware with those commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash cust cust.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash system system.img

Now phone must run. And wipe all data after that, cause I didn't wipe and have only 800mb of free storage. After wipe everything is ok (9,6 gb). I remember when I'm flashing cust.img some errors appears, but my phone work. So don't worry when you see some. And you know, you can make it with on your own responsibility. I don't take any responsibility if something went wrong and phone will dead. But I make everything with this points and my phone work :)
If someone can't read this text cause my english is terrible, SORRY :)

Fiktik

Nov 9, 2007
Prague

http://forum.android.com.pl/topic/205126-instalacjaodzyskiwanie-systemu-rom-za-pomoca-fastboot/

3. Download from this thread firmware for you (extracted version!) http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5x/development/stock-kiw-l24-l21-t3312684 If you have problem what firmware you have to install, take look at the back side of phone, at the down you will se KIW-L21 or 24 (or another). Copy all files to adb folder
4. Rund adb program
7. Write in fastboot command: fastboot flash recovery recover.img (or recovrey .img, see the file and type it name) - wait for install
8. And now: If the flash is succesfull, reboot the phone to recovery (power and volume+) and wipe all data. Phone have to work.

Now phone must run. And wipe all data after that, cause I didn't wipe and have only 800mb of free storage. After wipe everything is ok (9,6 gb). I remember when I'm flashing cust.img some errors appears, but my phone work. So don't worry when you see some. And you know, you can make it with on your own responsibility. I don't take any responsibility if something went wrong and phone will dead. But I make everything with this points and my phone work :)

Thanks for your hard work.
I have problem with flashing cust and cache (Remote: Command not allowed) . My phone work, but I still see Custom version and Build number from old ROM (MoDaCo).

Attachments

• cust.png
    cust.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

muradulislam

Jul 23, 2016
Mansehra
can you give me solution for honor 5x kiw-L22 indian version any solution you have:confused:

Download the latest firmware for your phone and extract it to get update.app.

Use Huawei update extractor to extract boot, recovery, Cust and system images.

Flash using the guide above.

Put dload folder containing update.app in SD card. Plug it into your phone and do a 3 button forced update and ypu are good to go.

2happy2beu

Dec 24, 2010
Split
Ok I'm stuck. I was stupid and didnt make backup before flashing CM13 over stock 5.1.1. I've tried everything and now I've lost twrp (stock recovery is on) and I can't enter fastboot. I've also tried method with dload folder and 2 different update files but it keeps giving error.
Any help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my phone is bricked also .. can you write out what you did ???:fingers-crossed:

4. Rund adb program