I've bricked my honor 5x

Search This thread

muradulislam

Jul 23, 2016
Mansehra
Ok I'm stuck. I was stupid and didnt make backup before flashing CM13 over stock 5.1.1. I've tried everything and now I've lost twrp (stock recovery is on) and I can't enter fastboot. I've also tried method with dload folder and 2 different update files but it keeps giving error.
Any help?

Power off your device, hold vol down and connect to PC and you are in fastboot mode.

From here you can flash twrp, wipe everything and install CM13

OR

Download latest firmware, use Huawei update extractor to extract stock recovery, boot, Cust and system images.

Flash them in fastboot mode and try the 3 button method. Might have to give it 2,3 tries. Sometimes it gets stuck.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA Labs

2happy2beu

Dec 24, 2010
Split
That is the problem. I can't enter fastboot mode.. When I hold VOL - and connect to PC it just sounds like its connected and battery percentage appears on screen.

muradulislam

Jul 23, 2016
Mansehra
That is the problem. I can't enter fastboot mode.. When I hold VOL - and connect to PC it just sounds like its connected and battery percentage appears on screen.

I am not sure whether stock recovery is recognized in adb or not (most probably not) but give it a try and connect to pc in recovery mode and try

adb reboot bootloader

I am sure you already tried power + vol down?

Just making sure...

Last edited:

2happy2beu

Dec 24, 2010
Split
Yeah I've tried all the combinations.. Its strange because I have already entered fastboot mode like 10 times before this happened. I think only solution is to find right update.app and flash it with 3 buttons combo (already tried 2 or 3 and gives me error at beginning).

EDIT : finally made it work. C432B140 west european worked for Croatia!

Last edited:

muradulislam

Jul 23, 2016
Mansehra
Yeah I've tried all the combinations.. Its strange because I have already entered fastboot mode like 10 times before this happened. I think only solution is to find right update.app and flash it with 3 buttons combo (already tried 2 or 3 and gives me error at beginning).

Congrats buddy...

PalakMi

Aug 18, 2016
Oujda

Great, happy to see it working

DigiGoon

• Yeah I've tried all the combinations.. Its strange because I have already entered fastboot mode like 10 times before this happened. I think only solution is to find right update.app and flash it with 3 buttons combo (already tried 2 or 3 and gives me error at beginning).

Nice buddy. :)

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      my phone is bricked also .. can you write out what you did ???:fingers-crossed:
      Hello @averyg here you go:

http://forum.android.com.pl/topic/205126-instalacjaodzyskiwanie-systemu-rom-za-pomoca-fastboot/

This is the polish version of manual, I will write you how to do it:
      1. Download ADB and Fastboot
      2. Extract to c:/adb
      3. Download from this thread firmware for you (extracted version!) http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5x/development/stock-kiw-l24-l21-t3312684 If you have problem what firmware you have to install, take look at the back side of phone, at the down you will se KIW-L21 or 24 (or another). Copy all files to adb folder
      4. Rund adb program
      5. Write in the command line: cd c:/adb
      6. Connect phone to usb to download mode (power and vol- combination)
      7. Write in fastboot command: fastboot flash recovery recover.img (or recovrey .img, see the file and type it name) - wait for install
      8. And now: If the flash is succesfull, reboot the phone to recovery (power and volume+) and wipe all data. Phone have to work.
      But if flash is not succesfull, plug again usb with download mode
      9. Write this commands: fastboot flash cust cust.img -wait for install
      and: fastboot flash system system.img -also wait, system.img can took a while
      10. Now you will enter recovery and wipe all data
      11. Again plug usb cable and install firmware with those commands:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash cust cust.img
      fastboot flash cache cache.img
      fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
      fastboot flash system system.img

Now phone must run. And wipe all data after that, cause I didn't wipe and have only 800mb of free storage. After wipe everything is ok (9,6 gb). I remember when I'm flashing cust.img some errors appears, but my phone work. So don't worry when you see some. And you know, you can make it with on your own responsibility. I don't take any responsibility if something went wrong and phone will dead. But I make everything with this points and my phone work :)
      If someone can't read this text cause my english is terrible, SORRY :)