I've got the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" ( 2019 ) [ SM-T295 ] and a few questions around it ( Custom Recovery & Custom ROM I wanna flash on mine Device)

Search This thread
At first to downgrade my CUK4 Bootloader, is there any Option? I've heard that to flash TWRP like there is a easy How-to-do-Guide, I need to have the Bootloader of maximum Level 2 not the actuell Bootloader of Level 4.

So can I downgrade it and when it is possible, how can I do it.

Otherway are there other options to install a TWRP-Recovery, or maybe PitchBlack, or Orange Fox Recovery?

What is the relation ship between my Model ( SM-T295 ) and at first the T290, or further the T280, or T285 ?
There are Lineage ROM's and shurly TWRP written for them. Can I modfify such a Recovery, or ROM to flash it on my T295, maybe, or can you tell me something else, knowables, interesting facts?

These two pictures will show you all informations you need, if you wanna help;
Here are all of my Informations:

Last edited by a moderator:

EmmanuelG99

Dec 23, 2022
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Hi, I have been trying to root recently but there are issues I overcome, my bootloader is unlocked the device name is SM-T295, and the build number is T29XXS4CUG4. I gave up on flashing through TWRP because it says that the system is running in unauthorized software so I decided to flash using fastboot but my device ain't getting detected, I did everything like installing ADB and fastboot driver, and when I check in the device manager Samsung mobile USB CDC composite device help me, please.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
@JonnyBoy1984 I have removed the photos from your post because they contain critical information such as your IMEI and device serial number. Remember, this is a public forum; everything you post here is visible on the Internet. Please ensure you remove this information in the future.

Also, when posting large photos, please ensure you either resize them or use a spoiler so you don't overwhelm mobile users.