ive remade wm6.1 kavana's 080308 with English Only XT9 Fixed

Search This thread

Kawinma

Nov 2, 2007
Visalia, CA
Please explain this rom modified from the Kavana wm6.1 rom for excalibur. Why did not note what?

His first post detailed all his changes.

ive remaked the wm6.1 rom
so far ive
removed chinese
removed resco explorer
removed chinese software
replaced splash screen to htc one
looks good so far ill up loaded it later
and the tools to make you own rom
cleartype is on
removed clockontop
removed SMS Bubbles you can install this
removed Notepad
removed ucweb
changed font to Segoe Condensed
IVE REMOVED 99.8% OF THE CHINESE

littleclown

Feb 28, 2008
Sofia
Please attach the working Resco Explorer. :)
Why you remove it?

I can't find good new cracked resco explorer who work with s620

EDIT:
I install it, and everything is OK.
Starts in English, the main software is still here, but without resco!, the default configuration is little faster (the kavana ROM-s startup menu has 5 icons, and here are 3 icons... I will make it 1 icon anyway :) )
Some programs like Alarm one are still in Chinese, but there are no Chinese fonts, so you see just squares.
The font is small (I can't remember the font size in Kavana version...maybe the size is the same from there) - I will be glad to see some solution about that. I have a perfect eyes, but I hard read menus and other staff. There is no reason to be that small, coz the number of items on the display is the same :). The original HTC boot screen is here! :). Maybe clear type is good for somebody, but I don't like it. If you don't like clear type, just change HKLM\System\GDI\ClearType\Cleartype to "0"

Some tips:
When the setup process you ask you about english language, wait the phone to restart and start in the normal mode, and then answer the question.

Last edited:

falleny

Aug 16, 2007
Zhuhai
His first post detailed all his changes.

I think the lovely lady means

"Please claim the original author of the rom!"

I am totally agree with this!

Kavana is not happy with someone rebuild his rom without even mention his name.

So, Please rickwyatt at least show some respect to kavana's hard work at the post,thanks.

Last edited:

littleclown

Feb 28, 2008
Sofia
HAHAHAHA. And What about Microsoft? Are they happy of their HARD WORK? :).
And what about all cracked software here? Resco maker is not happy too.

The important think here is to make the mobile world more cool and more free.
The copyright ****z is not cool, you know.

The In the main folder of ricky's ROM there is a subfolder named "RUU_Excalibur_WM61_Kavana_080307" and in this folder is the ROM setup.
Can you read "Kavana" in folder's name? I can.

I think this is so enough.

Ricky and Kavana and other cookers share what they done for theirselfs, to make your life easer. Don't make them stop to share...

falleny

Aug 16, 2007
Zhuhai
I mentioned nothing about those copyright **** thing...
but I do agree its better ricky can say thanks for kavana's work.
thats all....Don't try to misinterpret my word!

Credits: in particular to pof. This USPL and also the one for Vox is based on his USPL for the Elf. See here

please read jockyw2001's post
I think this is a good sample shows the respect, this is the motivation to makes those smart guy keeps sharing their works!!!

Last edited:

littleclown

Feb 28, 2008
Sofia
Anybody don't say thanks to Microsoft, man! Yes MS are the bad guys who make your phone work.

This is so offtopic... I will stop to respond about this subject.

Kawinma

Nov 2, 2007
Visalia, CA
Ah, I see. Insane blond moment there. (and I'm not even blonde..)

Yeah, I agree. Saying that it's based off of kavana's would be great -- of course, it seems assumed since he says he remade the 6.1 etc., but yeah.

It's not copyright by any stretch of the imagination, it's just giving credit to kavana for taking an insane amount of time and effort to put 6.1 onto the Excalibur.

littleclown

Feb 28, 2008
Sofia
Success to remove cleartype, but with still small font its look bad and I will restore the cleartype.

How I removed it:
Just remove all key HKLM\System\GDI\ClearType

Another familiar tweak but works for me with this ROM:
Change HKLM\System\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit to 65535

This will make your interface more fast.

ratatouille

Feb 11, 2008
Le Gardeur
Resco File Explorer w/plugins

Please attach the working Resco Explorer. :)
Why you remove it?

I can't find good new cracked resco explorer who work with s620

EDIT:
I install it, and everything is OK.
Starts in English, the main software is still here, but without resco!, the default configuration is little faster (the kavana ROM-s startup menu has 5 icons, and here are 3 icons... I will make it 1 icon anyway :) )
Some programs like Alarm one are still in Chinese, but there are no Chinese fonts, so you see just squares.
The font is small (I can't remember the font size in Kavana version...maybe the size is the same from there) - I will be glad to see some solution about that. I have a perfect eyes, but I hard read menus and other staff. There is no reason to be that small, coz the number of items on the display is the same :). The original HTC boot screen is here! :). Maybe clear type is good for somebody, but I don't like it. If you don't like clear type, just change HKLM\System\GDI\ClearType\Cleartype to "0"

Some tips:
When the setup process you ask you about english language, wait the phone to restart and start in the normal mode, and then answer the question.

There you have a working version of Resco Explorer.

Attachments

• RE.zip
    921.9 KB · Views: 97

Technology

Aug 24, 2007
The 411 Please!

Can somebody give me the 411 on this all English version 6.1 ROM. I want to know how well it runs with a ton of apps. (a few apps):D

ashasaur

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 11, 2007
Florence
www.youtube.com
IMHO, MUCH better than the Kavana ROM....SOOOO much better, EVERYTHING(almost) is in English from the start...its faster than the Kavana one, doesnt have all the damn programs that his does, basically is a clean WM6.1 ROM....EXCELLENT JOB RICKY!!