Facing these problems / not working in asus rog 3 .
1. Scheduled battery charging .
2. All Off display gestures like 2 finger music control, double tap etc..
3. Auto increased brightness while unlocking
4. While unlocking phone in lower brightness , red tint or display is visible..
how to solve and solution for this.
Hi, wondering is there anyone currently is with Firmware : 17.0823.2009.99 ?
I just got my rogphone3 yesterday and updated to this version and i found out that the battery discharging pretty fast even I didnt doing anything with it. Wondering how can I fix it? Hope that somebody could help me with that. Thanks! ><
Hi and thanks for the review.
So I have had Rog 2 since the launch and although it's great overall, it has some big issues on display side and I want to know if rog 3 also suffers from the same issues.
1.the first issue that almost everyone knows about is the gray color turning to reddish color on lower brightness levels especially on 120hz. You'll have to test this with gray color background in a dark room but I can notice it even in a normal lit room.
2. the screen is kind of grainy and has a lot of bandings. you can also test this by downloading a 5% gray picture and turn the brightness all the way down in a completely dark room and look for oled bandings and lines and grainyness!
3. Huge Black crush! If you search google for "black crush test" the first result is a reddit question that leads to a video of a test picture. On rog 2 only and only on 100% brightness all the squares up to 5 are visible but as we turn down the brightness almost all squares become black (although they actually should be gray) and we can only see the first three squares at the bottom.(255% 100% and 50%)
and that means if we want to see everything in true color and we are supposed to see, we have to use 100% brightness all the time which not only hurts the eyes, but also brings screen burn-ins in as soon as 3 2 months.
Here's the youtube link for black crush test
I hope you can check these issues and give us real life feedback
I am also interested in knowing abot this , and also if there is image retention at High brightness, can be checked by staying at a static page for 1mint or more the quick switching to to a gray image , like the chrome in dark mode with all tabs closed , I take I screenshot of it an zoom it and out it into full screen that time I can see the ghost image of previously shown page
Thanks for answering my previous question.
As you already mentioned that the display is quite good but I want to know the sharpness of the text. I'm coming from a Galaxy Note9 and I've been using 1440p the entire time. Though I can accept 1080p display but I still wonder how sharp ROG 3 is considering 6.59" display.
And also how easy it is to get used to the massive weight and thickness of this phone?
I am comming from a oneplus device (6) and am addicted to the ui gesture navigation, does ROG ui offer anything comparable (screen off control audio by drawing a symbol) or would we be able to map an air trigger to do something while the screen is off, say double tap to fast forward? I am not familiar if even android has this built in or not currently. Thanks!
Thank you Mishaal , is the chinese version has l1 and 4g+ agrégation? And how is the battery life compared to oneplus 8 pro or k30 pro , i do care a lot about performance and battery life so is the chinese rog 3 with sd865 plus better than oneplus 8 pro for my usage? Thank youa lot
I have been a loyal Pixel customer until now. I love my Pixel 4 XL, which is working very well. However, I am blown away by the ROG 3 specs. I am especially attracted to the display and the audio in addition to the fast performance. I have three questions for you i
1) What was your experience like with the display. Will it blow the Pixel 4 XL out of the water?
2) What was your experience with the performance like in comparison to other phones?
3) Is Asus good about updates ( yearly system updates as well as security updates on a monthly basis)?
Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.
I'm from Indonesia and I'm interested in buying this phone when it's available here, but there's a certain thing I wanna make sure first. I played Pokemon Go (PoGo) a lot on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, this phone make it possible for me to play PoGo using 4 different accounts, here are the details:
- 1 account on PoGo App downloaded from Google Play
- 1 account on PoGo App downloaded from Samsung Galaxy Store
- 1 account on cloned Google Play PoGo App put in Samsung Secure Folder
- 1 account on cloned Samsung Galaxy Store PoGo App put in Samsung Secure Folder
If I were to buy ASUS ROG Phone 3, would there be an alternative solution so I still can play with 3-4 accounts?