• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

J3 Emerge SM-J327P Cannot Wipe or Factory Reset with TWRP - Failed

Search This thread

raulrocks

Sep 18, 2017
A few days ago I started getting an "Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone Has Stopped" error. Desperate to avoid resetting my phone, I tried all of the suggestions (clearing caches, changing time settings, using Aroma, etc.) and nothing worked so I finally resigned myself to a factory reset :crying: , but I can't do that either. It's saying "Failed".

Some of the errors are:
  • Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer.
  • Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)
  • Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
  • On the storage screen - "Internal Storage (0 Mb)"

I also tried doing a cache and Dalvik cache wipe, but getting similar errors. Here's a screenshot (forgive the quality, on top of the OS crapping out the screen got cracked too).

U1GkXyB6AJvKra8T6

Here's some additional info if necessary:
TWRP v. 3.1.0.0
Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge 327PSM-J327P SPHJ327SLV
Android Version: 6.0.1
Software Version: J327PVPU1AQF4
Build: mmb29m.j327pvpu1aqf4

I have the stock image files, but figured I'd ask for some help before I dig a deeper hole. Would appreciate any help and/or insight anyone might offer. Thanks!

shealucero

Dec 27, 2017
Try reformatting the data partition (ext4) within the "Wipe" option in TWRP. Once formatted remount the data partition, clear cache/dalvik and reboot. If that doesn't work you will likely have to reinstall the firmware using Odin.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try reformatting the data partition (ext4) within the "Wipe" option in TWRP. Once formatted remount the data partition, clear cache/dalvik and reboot. If that doesn't work you will likely have to reinstall the firmware using Odin.