J415GN/DS TWRP HELP

Search This thread

lamawkalabaw

Jul 24, 2021
yo, can someone help or answer me. I can't seem to find any official/unofficial version of twrp for sm-j415gn/ds. Does anyone have any link?

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J4 plus 2018 - SM-J415 MSM8917

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.3.1-0 Released
May 22, 2019
TWRP 3.3.1-0 is out now for most currently supported devices.
What's new in 3.3.1-0:
* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
* Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
* Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
* Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
* Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!
We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

Update - 17/8/2019
TWRP 3.3.1-1 OO/PP build released
Current status - Beta
Treble supported
Bugs: brightness slider

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1> DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

*****INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:*****

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.

1. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
(Plug in the USB cable and then hold POWER + VOL DOWN + VOL UP)

2. Load the respective file below into the AP slot, uncheck Auto-reboot(not required for twrp_3.3.1-1) and hit start.

twrp_3.2.3-1_sm-j415f_30319

twrp_3.3.1-1_j415x_17819

3. After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately force reboot to recovery. (Not required for twrp_3.3.1-1 as it should auto reboot to recovery). You should now see TWRP recovery.
Do NOT let the device boot to the OS.

4. Flash the V3 RMM bypass zip
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79745844&postcount=627

NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT AND BECOMING RMM LOCKED FOR 7 DAYS.

I ALSO SUGGEST BACKING UP ANYTHING YOU NEED ON INTERNAL STORAGE. AT SOME POINT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A 'VERIFICATION FAILED MESSAGE' .
THIS IS NORMAL, BUT WILL REQUIRE THE DATA PARTITION TO BE FORMATTED IN TWRP.

5. Reboot to TWRP (Do not boot to the OS yet)

***** ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:*****

OREO ONLY

1. Flash the Forced encryption disabler patch. This is only required if you wish to have full functionality in TWRP.
Flashing this will disable Samsung's forced encryption. Disabling encryption will allow TWRP to mount the data partition.
After flashing the patch it is necessary to *FORMAT* (not wipe) the /DATA partition using the FORMAT DATA button under the wipe options.
PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON INTERNAL STORAGE AND FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE, SO BACK UP ANYTHING YOU WISH TO KEEP.
J4+J6+_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler

2. To root I suggest installing the latest Magisk beta as this is a currently supported project, SuperSu is no longer getting active development.
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

(NOTE: The DEFEX patched Oreo kernel below may be needed for full root support if certain apps do not work with root):
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397921797

3. Enjoy your rooted device.

PIE ONLY

1. Due to some new securities in Samsung's latest Pie kernels, root will not work with the stock kernel. The patched kernel below is required to gain root on Pie.

Features:
Dmverity, proca, five and defex disabled.
OTG and NTFS file system support.
Selinux permissive switchable.

This kernel may require the U4 bootloader.
(NOTE: flashing a custom kernel on PIe breaks the lockscreen. Ensure NO lockscreen is enabled before installing the kernel.)

J415FXXU4BSF7_patched_boot_318919

2. To root I suggest installing the latest Magisk beta as this is a currently supported project, SuperSu is no longer getting active development.
https://xdaforums.com/app...mless-t3473445

3. If you wish to have access to internal storage /DATA in TWRP then encryption will need to be disabled. See step 1 of the Oreo root instructions then instead of installing the J4+J6+_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler install the zip below with TWRP:
Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_Quota_08.02.2019

3. Reboot.
The device will take a good 10 mins to boot first time.
Enjoy your rooted device.

DEVICE TREE:
soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, my tester @kapmino269 [MENTION=6037748]Zackptg5 for the DM-VERITY & FORCEENCRYPT DISABLER @teamwin, @corsicanu for RMM V3 bypass zip.

Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Here.

lamawkalabaw

Jul 24, 2021
Lol there isnt a j415gn
Just the j415gn/ds
Anyway they are the same phone nonetheless but ive given the one specific to your phone :)
The devs dont put /ds for convenience probabl

Lol there isnt a j415gn
Just the j415gn/ds
Anyway they are the same phone nonetheless but ive given the one specific to your phone :)
The devs dont put /ds for convenience probably.
gee, i owe you a lot man. I just wanted to get the best out of this phone since I'm just a student and broke. I am very nervous that i might hardbrick this since it's my only phone. Anyways, thanks again dude.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenora_I

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
gee, i owe you a lot man. I just wanted to get the best out of this phone since I'm just a student and broke. I am very nervous that i might hardbrick this since it's my only phone. Anyways, thanks again dude.
LOL IM NOT A DUDE
But yeah no issue lol
i kinda do this for fun anyway
i just like helping around
Yeah i hate dem hard bricks. Ive had phones become paperweights, but i seem to unbrick them in the end

• Wow
Reactions: lamawkalabaw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol there isnt a j415gn
    Just the j415gn/ds
    The devs dont put /ds for convenience probabl

Lol there isnt a j415gn
    Just the j415gn/ds
    The devs dont put /ds for convenience probably.