JAM upgrade now available at club-imate

Search This thread

katsj

Senior Member
Nov 28, 2004
343
75
Larissa
I am so sorry to dissapoint you all but I had both the previously released 1.06WWE and a few minutes ago I finished downloading the today's released 1.06WWE. After a byte by byte file comparison with a file compare utility on all 3 .nbf files I assure you imate hasn't changed a single byte of their ROM compared to their previously released a week ago version!
 

gnijor

New member
Mar 10, 2005
4
0
I agree with Katsj. The file size of last weeks 1.06.110WWE ROM, is EXACTLY the same as this weeks. In fact, the file dates have only changed probably because they have placed the file, onto different drives on their servers.

Like many others, I also had a brief chat with Club i-mate support, who made the point that a file would also be posted describing the bug fixes. Clearly this has not happened, and has only added to all the confusion. Also, any development team worth their salt, would change the version number the moment any code development has occured on a file, even if only, for the obvious reason, such as internal management of bug fixes. The file size has not changed from 42,379,513 bytes, and the file was created on 7 March 2005 (View General Tab in Windows Properties), which is why this is still the same update as the one put out a week ago.

So, I upgraded tonight : Good points : The Bluetooth transmission bug after 8-10 mins has been resolved, and an improvement to sound quality, as well as slight improvement to Camera, Bad point : Occasionally "BT not found" bug as we all know, which is resolved either by switiching off/on, or a soft reset. (I could create the bug after approx 9-10 switiching BT off/on in combination with powering off/on).

________________________________
i-mate JAM + 1GB SD
ROM 1.06.00 WWE
Radio version 1.05.00
Protocol version 1337.39
ExtROM version 1.06.110 WWE
 

bnycastro

Senior Member
so i guess i don't need to upgrade again after all :) personally i think this upgrade has improved my BT (I don't need BTHTools to Activesync anymore) and camera performance, so I am fine with it. Of course there is always room for improvement... get working i-mate.... :p
 

gratefuled

Senior Member
Jan 8, 2004
121
0
katsj,
Thank you. Funny how I feel much more comfortable relying on posters from this site, especially those I already respect and those posters whom I have seen on this site for 2+ years, than I-Mate Support personal and/or any language postings on I-Mates Site. Those people are extremely inconsistent and ill-informed.
 

katsj

Senior Member
Nov 28, 2004
343
75
Larissa
Wiz I suggest you reflash the 1.06 ROM. Its funny but it seems sometimes that reflashing the same ROM solves the problems. I use the sandisk 256MB+WiFi sd card with no problems with version 1.06WWE ;)
 

PapaDocta

Senior Member
Jun 4, 2004
1,370
150
could someone check wheather the Radio Version 1.05.00 of the Qtek and the Imate Jam are the same??

thanks

Wiz could you please post the radio version of the updated rom ;)
 

RiCCiO

Member
Jan 4, 2005
23
0
Country ERROR

I have a T-Mobile MDA Compact with working Italian JAM ROM from I-mate (R1.05.00 G1337.39 D1.03.04 ITA) and I'm trying to update with latest JAM ROM (JAM ITA 106 110 10500) but I get a error 120 country id error 34-34-12-12-12.
How is it possible if I am already using an Italian ROM?!?!? any way to solve the problem?

Thanks :wink:
 

larry

Member
Nov 29, 2004
13
0
Padova
Re: Country ERROR

RiCCiO said:
I have a T-Mobile MDA Compact with working Italian JAM ROM from I-mate (R1.05.00 G1337.39 D1.03.04 ITA) and I'm trying to update with latest JAM ROM (JAM ITA 106 110 10500) but I get a error 120 country id error 34-34-12-12-12.
How is it possible if I am already using an Italian ROM?!?!? any way to solve the problem?

Thanks :wink:

Try ftp://xda-developers.com/Magician/Italian 1.06.04/
 

RiCCiO

Member
Jan 4, 2005
23
0
Re: Country ERROR

larry said:
RiCCiO said:
I have a T-Mobile MDA Compact with working Italian JAM ROM from I-mate (R1.05.00 G1337.39 D1.03.04 ITA) and I'm trying to update with latest JAM ROM (JAM ITA 106 110 10500) but I get a error 120 country id error 34-34-12-12-12.
How is it possible if I am already using an Italian ROM?!?!? any way to solve the problem?

Thanks :wink:

Try ftp://xda-developers.com/Magician/Italian 1.06.04/

I get the same error :cry:
 

larry

Member
Nov 29, 2004
13
0
Padova
Re: Country ERROR

RiCCiO said:
larry said:
RiCCiO said:
I have a T-Mobile MDA Compact with working Italian JAM ROM from I-mate (R1.05.00 G1337.39 D1.03.04 ITA) and I'm trying to update with latest JAM ROM (JAM ITA 106 110 10500) but I get a error 120 country id error 34-34-12-12-12.
How is it possible if I am already using an Italian ROM?!?!? any way to solve the problem?

Thanks :wink:

Try ftp://xda-developers.com/Magician/Italian 1.06.04/

I get the same error :cry:

And that

( Follow the steps under )
http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=18550&start=0

Sorry ...
[ Yuo have to put the device in bootloader and start the MaupgradeUT_kabubi.exe etc ... ]
 

chaicl

Senior Member
Feb 23, 2005
58
0
Hi, how can I be sure that I have unpacked the 1.06 sucessfully? The error given by the XDA3nftool does not give me the confidence that the files have been unpacked correctly...
 

timellert

Member
Jan 12, 2005
12
0
seeing as iMate blatently dont have any idea why the new 1.06 rom is buggy and has worse blue tooth stablility, i decided to have a look at the rom and have found the problem!

when you do a hard reset a file from the extended rom called "Default_Patch_bthusb.CAB" runs. This is responsible for causing all the instability, i have been running an image for a few days now that doesnt have this file installed and i have not had a single issue!

hope this helps,

P.S. to stop the file installing do the follwoing

1) hard reset
2) soft reset when faced with customisation screen
3) when device has booted goto explorer and install the various items you need (dont click on Default_Patch_bthusb.CAB!!!!)
4) Bingo!
 

lak

Member
Mar 9, 2005
17
0
timellert said:
seeing as iMate blatently dont have any idea why the new 1.06 rom is buggy and has worse blue tooth stablility, i decided to have a look at the rom and have found the problem!

when you do a hard reset a file from the extended rom called "Default_Patch_bthusb.CAB" runs. This is responsible for causing all the instability, i have been running an image for a few days now that doesnt have this file installed and i have not had a single issue!

hope this helps,

P.S. to stop the file installing do the follwoing

1) hard reset
2) soft reset when faced with customisation screen
3) when device has booted goto explorer and install the various items you need (dont click on Default_Patch_bthusb.CAB!!!!)
4) Bingo!

Nice... going to try that later... Do you know which patches are actually usefull and which aren't??
 

timellert

Member
Jan 12, 2005
12
0
I really dont need any of the mms or java or smartdialer, T9 etc (as i use microsoft voice command - which rocks!) so the only 2 things i installed from the extended rom were as follows:

Caller_ID
Vodafone customisation


One thing i have noticed is that without installing the other stuff this device screams its so fast. I have an absolutle mass of memory free and i never see the spinning waiting icon! and it is more stable than an inert gas!! heheheheheh
 

timellert

Member
Jan 12, 2005
12
0
correction i also installed the landscape icon so i can swich modes (Default_Version_WWE_106113.sa.CAB)


in fact for all those that are insterested here is a list of what each file is in the extended rom (UK):

Software/patchs
Default_Caller_ID_WWE_RC10.CAB - Caller ID
Default_Delete_vdisk.CAB - Hides the extended rom
Default_JMM101257_wwe_1004.CAB - Java Midlet Manager
Default_KSE_Fax_v2.09_unremovable.CAB - KSE TruFax
Default_MMS_v2.0.0.16_WWE_1115.CAB - MMS Software
Default_Patch_bthusb.CAB - Broken Bluetooth patch!
Default_PhonePad_WWE_RC10.CAB - PhonePad (T9 Entry keyboard)
Default_SmartDialing_WWE_RC11.CAB - contact addon for phone dialer
Default_Version_WWE_106113.sa.CAB - screen rotation software
Default_zimateV103.001.cab - Adds the imate club email software

various network customisations :
O2_UK_Contract.CAB
O2_UK_PAYG.CAB
Orange_UK_Contract.CAB
Orange_UK_PAYG.CAB
T-Mobile_UK.CAB
Virgin_UK.CAB
Vodafone_Contract_UK.CAB
Vodafone_UK_PAYT.CAB

DO NOT RUN THESE:
AutoRun.exe - Duh!
Setup.exe - called by autorun after hardreset
TPDisable.exe - Disables the touchscreen
TPEnable.exe - Enables the touchscreen

there you go! :)
 
timellert said:
When you do a hard reset a file from the extended rom called "Default_Patch_bthusb.CAB" runs. This is responsible for causing all the instability, i have been running an image for a few days now that doesnt have this file installed and i have not had a single issue!

Sorry Tim,

Mine, after having been in standy for a few minutes, immediately came back with the BT Hardware not found issue, not even 5 minutes after the hard reset, and not having installed a single shred of software.
 

lak

Member
Mar 9, 2005
17
0
Thank you, that is pretty handy to know... Can't get the 1.06.110 WWE iMate version working on my MDA Compact just yet, but i will. Oh yes, i will. :)