JAM upgrade now available at club-imate

Search This thread

timellert

Jan 12, 2005
hmmm thats really odd.... damn i really thought i had figured that out...

i do have one more idea....

when i first installed the new rom i did a hard reset first and it installed everything in the following order :

wince rom --> extended rom --> radio

however when i installed the rom again (the version i now have that is stable), i did not do a hard reset first and it installed in the following order

radio --> extended --> wince rom

maybe that is why the instability occurs, it all depends on the order the files install! ???

what order did your files install wiz ?

(either way i now have a totally stable unit with no bluetooth issues at all) and have used it alot over the last few days (so some how i have fixxed the issue as it was really annoying me before!)

:) Tim

RiCCiO

Jan 4, 2005
Re: Country ERROR

larry said:
RiCCiO said:
larry said:
RiCCiO said:
I have a T-Mobile MDA Compact with working Italian JAM ROM from I-mate (R1.05.00 G1337.39 D1.03.04 ITA) and I'm trying to update with latest JAM ROM (JAM ITA 106 110 10500) but I get a error 120 country id error 34-34-12-12-12.
How is it possible if I am already using an Italian ROM?!?!? any way to solve the problem?

Try ftp://xda-developers.com/Magician/Italian 1.06.04/

I get the same error :cry:

And that

( Follow the steps under )
http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=18550&start=0

Sorry ...
[ Yuo have to put the device in bootloader and start the MaupgradeUT_kabubi.exe etc ... ]

It worked!!! Thank you very much!!!!!
:D

gratefuled

Jan 8, 2004
Tim,
Very good information. Some of the best data of seen on the JAM so far.
2+ months ago I inquired why there was no interest in coming up with a JAM Extended ROM Unlocker. When the XDA II and following year PDA2K acme out people were all over getting an unlocker for the Extended ROM. Considering the JAM is low on Memory 9not mine because PPC Techs did the upgrade) I would have thought that making the extended rom available for storage, customization, etc would have been a real premium.
I know, I know you can get to it as you state after hard reset, but that isn't very practical.
Does anyone know if an unlocker is available or in the works anywhere?

Ok to my questions you state:
DO NOT RUN THESE:
AutoRun.exe - Duh!
Setup.exe - called by autorun after hardreset
TPDisable.exe - Disables the touchscreen
TPEnable.exe - Enables the touchscreen

, which I assume means don't load them. What about the Network stuff and other Ext ROM Stuff certainly if I'm in the US I don't need that stuff do I?

By the way I did not do a Hard Reset prior to ROM Upgrade and mine loaded radio-ext.rom-wince-rom, and initially I had the BT no hardware issue until 2 softresets and 3 on/of but. Since then no issues and the rom seems stable. I have purposely though not turned BT on and off, just in case. Battery drains faster, but I charge dally anyway.

Sorry for the long post.
Ed

bnycastro

sorry for my ignorance but what does the ext-rom unlocker do? can you make your own ext-rom? i.e. have the JAM install stuff after a hard reset (let's say I always use resco explorer and spritebackup, can I put this in an ext-rom and have it install after a hard reset)? Does this mean that cab files can be put in ROM and that they can be installed upon a hard reset, were are they installed in RAM also, like the stuff in the JAM's ext-rom (caller id etc)???

timellert

Jan 12, 2005
A rom unlocker alows you to not only show the extended rom (virtual drive), but also alows you to edit the files on it so that when you hard reset your device you can choose what files will be installed and what wont without having to do the "hard reset, soft reset" trick

i dont know of anyone that is working on a rom unlocker at the moment, but this woulkd be a really useful thing to have!

I do have one last idea about the bluetooth issues and would like someone to check this for me (wiz perhaps!)

My device has been running totally with total stability for 3 days now, all i installed was the caller id, screen rotate and the vodafone customisations

i left the virtual disk showing unitl this morning when i ran the default_delete_vdisk.cab to remove the vdisk from the filesystem. ever since i ran this file my unit has become unstable again and i have started getting the bluetooth issues.

could this be the problem ?

timellert

Jan 12, 2005
gratefuled said:
Ok to my questions you state:
DO NOT RUN THESE:
AutoRun.exe - Duh!
Setup.exe - called by autorun after hardreset
TPDisable.exe - Disables the touchscreen
TPEnable.exe - Enables the touchscreen

, which I assume means don't load them. What about the Network stuff and other Ext ROM Stuff certainly if I'm in the US I don't need that stuff do I?

Ed

you dont need to load those files as they are files used by the extended rom when it first loads. basically it locks the touchpad so users cant click cancel then autoruns all the updates, then unlocks the touchpad. if you were to run the lock touchpad, i think only a hard reset would get it back working again, hence why i advise against running those items!

for you US i guess you will need you networks customisations and then you can choose out of the programs which ones you think you will need/use!

hope this helps! :)

pietrucci

strange...

yesterday I installed the iMate WWE build 7-3-2005 (from ftp.xda) on my T-Mobile MDA Compact (my previous ROM was QTEK WWE 1.06).
I just ran the new MaUpgradeUt1.07, WITHOUT the xda3nbftool to change my provider to T-MOB003.
Everything went fine, and after the hard reset I canceled the installation of the extended ROM completely (so no extended ROM at all).
Until now everything works fine, perfect.

But:
1. As I said, I didn't use xda3nbftool to change my provider to T-MOB003. But when I inspect my new Devicedata.txt, it says T-MOB003!!! I thought the iMate installation has a different default provider (?). So why hasn't this been changed on my MDA Compact??? My upgrade has been succesful I think, it took about 20 minutes and I get the iMate log after a soft reset.
2. Would I be in trouble when my provider indeed had changed to something else than T-MOB003?? Wat is the use of this code?
3. In a previous post Timmelert said that he installed the landscape icon to rotate the screen. I installed NOTHING from my extended ROM, but I stil have the landscape icon. And what about the Caller-ID, I didn't install this either. What's the use of this program???

Resumé: no problems yet with the "problem" iMate WWE (I use bluetooth TomTom GPS and an external phone for GPRS/Traffic info). But still a few questions (see above).

bnycastro

@timellert - thanks for that explanation :) I agree this tool would be helpful, I noticed the HTC Himalaya & B. Angel have these tools hopefully someone picks up a Magician and creates this tool for it. As for this new ROM I haven't had any BT issues. I installed CallerID, MMS, and BT patch only. I don't have VDISK showing. Although I use BT sparringly (only to send some files and activesync when I'm too lazy to get my cable from my bag)

gratefuled

Jan 8, 2004
Yea, I have been asking for this tool for some time now.
See first topic I posted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=15384&highlight=
I enjoyed the ROM unlocker Tool for my Himalaya, MDA II, and for the PDA2K. PPC Techs upgraded my RAM to 128, but still it is nice to be able to manipulate the Ext. ROM without having to perform a hard reset.
That way you can get rid of the custom I-Mate stuff you don't need and add other Programs to this memory space. For those with just 64 RAM an available ExtROM would be a blessing.

fabifabi

Nov 21, 2004
Brussels - Rome
Where can I find this MaUpgrade1.07 ? all I see in the 'properties' of this file is 1.0.0.0....and It just doesn t work to update my MDA compact German Edition. I presently run the last Qtek version in ENG..that I loaded with the xda3nbftool....
Is ther a way around since this latter doesn t work?
Thanks

Mvmajorem

Jan 18, 2005
Al Ain, U.A.E.
Can some one please help me out as I am beinging to get more and more confused as I read along. frankly, I don't know what version am I to download. I am stated here in the UAE and I am not sure which version. There is the Arabic version but it looks to be the same thing as before. Should I use the generic version or the UK version? Will I lose the ability to write in Arabic or recieve Arabic text messages?

Here is the information I can provide:

ROM Ver: 1.03.00 WWE
ROM Date: 11/01/04
Radio Version: 1.01.00
Protocol Version: 1337.38
ExtROM Version: 1.03.141 WWE

Appreciate any recommendations.

Cannot get the ROM

I have tried following the link that everyone has for the ROM at:

ClubIMate . . .
ma_cdlsku1_wwe_10300_143_10100_ship.exe

But I get Page Cannot Be Displayed. :confused:

My previous experience with I-Mate, having bought a used JAM, was that I now had to buy a membership and get an ID and Password to get anything.

Does anyone have the file OFF SITE from the club, or does anyone have a password, yada yada?

Barring all that, has anyone built a better ROM than that? Is there a kitchen available for it?

And anyone looking for themes I am selling a collection of mine on eBay and offer to sell 6 for the price of 3 to anyone that references xda-developers . . . I hope you like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190106886535&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=009

Thanks

Alpejohn86

May 6, 2012
Norway
Re: [Ask Your Questions Here] Questions And Answers for Desire HD Users

Hi all.

It seems that you are all (MDA, Qtek owners) trying to modifiy a ROM with xda3nbftool without the correct password, that's why you have checksum error.

BTW, you can NOT install i-mate ROM on a Qtek S100 (or MDA compact). It is 'signed' only for i-mate JAM.

My 2 cents

I have same problem, it rarly blinking green. And light flow dont fix it either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2