JamesDSP Audio Manager [MMT-EX]

spart0n

Sep 5, 2018
Does this work on bluetooth audio?
I have an Android auto headunit and playing music on it never worked with viper and I'm curious if this will work on it

Sent from my OnePlus 8T using XDA Labs

mixlex

Jul 16, 2011
Jeffersonville, in
Works great with Headset, speaker, and bluetooth...
I agree. Works great. I feel it's every bit as good as viper and I've sworn by viper for years so that's saying a lot. I had legacy viper working on bliss rom Q. Recently returned to stock and can't get it working again. Installed james dsp, no driver issues, process stopping, etc. James dsp has lots of tweaking to play around with. It's a good app.

brncgreen

Dec 10, 2018
Not to be that guy or anything but I recall you said drivers of v4a and this being separate. I haven't been able to get magisk v4a to work because of driver install issues. In actually pleased but... I installed this app via magisk and all of the sudden v4a had its drivers working as well... coincidence... maybe

Jakuza001

Jan 4, 2015
Is there a way to install this without needing to use the volume keys in magisk? I'm trying to install this on my android headunit and i don't have physical volume keys.
Was same error on my Poco X3 phone after im installed the 12.0.4 xiaomi rom and any sound modifications, or the long presses didnt work with hardware volume buttons. Just use Volume Styles app from Google Play thats will fix it.

digger16309

Jul 17, 2014
Thank you for this and for keeping it updated for use on A11. It's working well for me on a Pixel 5 w/ Magisk 21.1. I ran out of runway with V4A on A11 and I'm leaving it behind forever ( I hope).

I didn't see it in the OP - is there a guide somewhere as to how to properly use all the settings and effects?

dimon222

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto
romanenko.in
Version JamesDSP 3.3 still doesn't work on EMUI 9.1 (Android 9)

RE to previous suggestions:
Narsil also modifies audio_policy and audio_effect. So I suggest you try it without AML and Narsil, it's easy to add modules in Magisk anyway.
If I don't install/enable AML but keep JamesDSP enabled, the phone fails to initiatize on Magisk start, throws to Safe Mode, and eventually just resets all Magisk modules to disabled. It's clearly a hard dependency on this device.

If I enable AML and JamesDSP 3.3, it boots without issue, but JamesDSP toggles don't do anything. Only if I downgrade to JamesDSP 2.7 it's back to working state.
Seems I'm not alone:

Is there any place I can collect logs to help investigate this?

Scarr3

Aug 11, 2017
Can u put the functionality of Neutralizer app from playstore? It basically allow u to equalize ur system to get a flat audio response with the tested audio source (headphones, phone loudspeaker...).

bl4dy_pt

Oct 7, 2012
Anyone managed to get it working on LOS 18.1 ?
Bloody app keeps crashing 🤦
Works fine on stock

Fix : Change se Linux to permissive

Last edited:

LNQ

May 28, 2015
www.syslino.com
I agree. Works great. I feel it's every bit as good as viper and I've sworn by viper for years so that's saying a lot. I had legacy viper working on bliss rom Q. Recently returned to stock and can't get it working again. Installed james dsp, no driver issues, process stopping, etc. James dsp has lots of tweaking to play around with. It's a good app.
Exacly my experience!

Used viper sInce like ever and trying this right now, really good!

Works lovely on my Samsung A71 (SM-A715F) latest official stock, magisked.

Thanks for this fine piece of software!

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Your app dosent change effects at all on A10 Los... installation proces is suceess...
Works fantastic for me on my pixel 4 xl A10 magisk 21.4, DU 14.7 custom rom with audio modification library, viper4android, ainur narsil and jamesdsp.. plus 8 other modules installed... I think it's your setup/device/os and/or the modules you have installed etc. Maybe a combo of all 3 or none. We honestly don't know because you didn't provide any other info. So we really can't help you...

Joyjo

Feb 3, 2018
I have weird issue with Jamesdsp sometimes don't work then open the app and work,same thing also with Viperfx,it happens when i have phone stopped for some time or when i restart the phone. Someone has some suggestions to solve this issue? Thanks in advance

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone